130 - 139
- 58 (25.1%)
140 - 149
- 38 (16.5%)
+ 150
- 50 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: IQ of DF gamers?  (Read 19593 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IQ of DF gamers?
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2009, 04:07:00 pm »

This is the In ternet Rysith apperantly it is a fad to believe your Autistic.

Though that comes from the fact that people apperantly confuse "Quirks" with "Autism" (Even News Stations have confused this)

So you put up "How autistic are you?" You are going to get a lot of people who believe they have a high functioning Autism rather then simply being Intrapersonal or secluded.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2009, 04:10:15 pm »

I've done 2 IQ tests 2 months ago, one was 118, the other 121. Ah well :P

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2009, 04:27:05 pm »

This is the In ternet Rysith apperantly it is a fad to believe your Autistic.

Though that comes from the fact that people apperantly confuse "Quirks" with "Autism" (Even News Stations have confused this)

So you put up "How autistic are you?" You are going to get a lot of people who believe they have a high functioning Autism rather then simply being Intrapersonal or secluded.

Well, yes. That's why I put in the differentiation between officially diagnosed Autism Spectrum Disorder and self-diagnosed ASD. The entire thing is a bit less fuzzy when you apply actual diagnostic criteria to it, though the line between "introverted nerd" and "aspergers" can be a bit fuzzy even then.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2009, 04:28:38 pm »

I'm diagnosed with aspergers, what's it to yah?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2009, 04:44:08 pm »

So's everybody. It is, unfortunately, not a very difficult diagnose to get.

Then you have all the people who self-diagnose, which is marginally worse. I say "marginally" because if you're remotely intellectual/nonsocial/weird you can doctor-shop and get professionally diagnosed with it without much trouble at all.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2009, 06:06:09 pm »

the line between "introverted nerd" and "aspergers" can be a bit fuzzy even then

Aspergers is very specific I find it hard to find a Fuzzy line unless you pick and chose what Aspergers is (Which is what people do).

Though as odd as the "Aspergers is just a really nerdy person" thing is, the "Aspergers is some sort of serious mental disorder" line of reasoning is even more Bizaar.

I kid you not there is a crime drama out there where someone used Aspergers as a defense for a crime of a sexual nature.

Uhh though this is getting SLIGHTLY off topic... Not too far but any further and we would have derailed it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:09:00 pm by Neonivek »

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2009, 06:11:34 pm »

I've never taken a real IQ test (aka, not an internet one) so idk
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2009, 06:32:24 pm »

In this post, Wolfram makes an ass of himself, proves that he has no idea what IQ means, and deply insults einstein and tesla. (but he doesn't realize this.)

Yeah, actually, I don't realize it.  Enlighten me?

(Tesla was awesome, by the way.)
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2009, 06:41:05 pm »

This test doesn't test half the things that truly signify intelligence just, simple basic analysis. Memorization is also key.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2009, 06:44:26 pm »

Well there are multiple kinds of intelligence anyhow.

IQ tests are generally there to test intelligence applicable to academics or something... Though I think they were first invented before people came up with ideas that intelligence can apply to more then what you can put down on a peice of paper however.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:49:38 pm by Neonivek »

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2009, 09:16:32 pm »

edit:double post.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:20:57 pm by Zironic »

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2009, 09:19:45 pm »

ok if we are going to talk about questions that are flawed but are in tests:
what is hotter, boiling water, or steam?

talk it over and i'll give you the answer in a day.
It depends on your definition of steam and boiling water, however scientifically, boiling water is hotter, because it is producing gaseous water. Steam, or the common definition of it, is mostly water vapor or liquid water suspend in the air and gaseous water, but it is decreasing in temperature, so it has to be cooler than boiling water.

I hate IQ tests. I could go on a full scale ramble on them if I had time.

Suffice it is to say that the smartest person in the world is apparently the person who made the test.

Pick the one that doesn't fit in.
A. Apple
B. Pineapple
C. Orange
D. Carrot

The right answer? Pineapple, because it has 3 syllables.
Well, my advanced brain says carrot, because carrot doesn't have an e.
Someone else could argue that it's carrot because it's not sweet.
Or apple because there's no such thing as an orange colored apple.

IQ tests are for nerds.

I'm autistic too. bah
I say carrot because it's a vegetable and the rest are fruit.
Isn't that the most obvious RIGHT answer?

That's the problem with an internet IQ test, it only predicts subjective knowledge. In person to person IQ test, they can analyze why you chose certain answers and actually define Intelligence Quotient through your reasoning. Which is much superior over a computer which can only analyze your answer, not your reason.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2009, 09:26:25 pm »

Pick the one that doesn't fit in.
A. Apple
B. Pineapple
C. Orange
D. Carrot

Yeah but the Pineapple has two differences. Three Sylables and a color that isn't in the Red Range using RBY

All of them have differences. For example the Carrot is the only one without a general round shape, it also has the least sugar content and is a vegetable which also means it has the least water content of all of them. Along with this a Carrot grows in the ground while the rest grow from trees.

Which means the question is moot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2009, 09:29:40 pm »

Obviously E. Pear doesn't fit there.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2009, 11:01:57 pm »

ok if we are going to talk about questions that are flawed but are in tests:
what is hotter, boiling water, or steam?

talk it over and i'll give you the answer in a day.
It depends on your definition of steam and boiling water, however scientifically, boiling water is hotter, because it is producing gaseous water. Steam, or the common definition of it, is mostly water vapor or liquid water suspend in the air and gaseous water, but it is decreasing in temperature, so it has to be cooler than boiling water.
Steam would have to be hotter. If it were cooler, then it wouldn't be steam, it would be sub-boiling water, possibly dissolved in the air. Assuming the air pressure is one atmosphere, and the water is undiluted, the water will only get up to 100 degrees celcius, after that the energy absorbed goes into the phase change. You're then left with steam at 100 degrees, assuming the energy being dumped into the water also gets into the steam, that would leave the steam marginally hotter than the water, but it has significantly more energy than the water regardless of that.

If it's a trick question, you're probably right. Ugh, it's too fucking ambiguous, and depends on whatever particular interpretation was going through the head of the person that wrote it. Shit like that on tests always pisses me off, when a question is ambiguous, wholly subjective, or both. Fortunately, I have a tendency to guess which of the right answers the writer was thinking...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14