Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Pot and Etcetera  (Read 6097 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Pot and Etcetera
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 03:49:06 pm »

UP THE NOSE.
Hmm, doesn't cause problems with any other drugs, does it?  No lesions or nasal collapses.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 03:53:17 pm »

Damnit Toonyman, YOU'RE HIGH RIGHT NOW AREN'T YOU?

Funny, I was expecting at least one person to voice the "Pot is evil and a single joint can permanently retard you" viewpoint. Did anybody else get that ridiculous anti-drug propaganda in school? The crazy ones that made pot out to be as bad as cocaine and heroin? I could just imagine a kid trying pot and being like, oh I guess those other drugs aren't so bad either, if they're all the same.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 03:57:53 pm »

Damnit Toonyman, YOU'RE HIGH RIGHT NOW AREN'T YOU?

Funny, I was expecting at least one person to voice the "Pot is evil and a single joint can permanently retard you" viewpoint. Did anybody else get that ridiculous anti-drug propaganda in school? The crazy ones that made pot out to be as bad as cocaine and heroin? I could just imagine a kid trying pot and being like, oh I guess those other drugs aren't so bad either, if they're all the same.
Not really.  Education fairly liberal here.  Heck, our teacher had actually taken pot in the past, so they did know about it.

And there are other, more minor problems.  Like having the munchies and realising you were too stoned and lazy to do the shopping  ::)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 04:03:24 pm »

Our electrical teacher is always stoned dude, he would be all eyes closed mess up and be all "Hi." and I'll be like "hey dude." and he and me woukld start laughing ahaha.  Its funny when he fells off the ladders.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 04:08:56 pm »

Our electrical teacher is always stoned dude, he would be all eyes closed mess up and be all "Hi." and I'll be like "hey dude." and he and me woukld start laughing ahaha.  Its funny when he fells off the ladders.

Heh, my English Lit 12 teacher smoked pot all the time. Often, he'd start the class, assign a few pages for reading, and say "I have to go photocopy todays assignment, I'll be back in 15 minutes" and he'd come back half an hour later with bloodshot eyes and a sandwich and go "Oh, shit, the photocopying." And then leave again. Then he would come back with 10 minutes left in class, hand out the assignment, and say "Do this for homework." And then he'd put on The Immigrant Song on repeat until class was over. I am not making any of this up. He was awesome.

In middle school though, Grade 9 and such, they fed us some serious propaganda.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 04:14:50 pm »

Over here ALL DRUGS ARE EVIL AND WILL MAKE YOU STUPID FROM ONE MILIGRAM!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 04:14:50 pm »

That sounds so great.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 04:18:56 pm »

I think it's also worth noting that the whole marijuana prohibition and condemning thing is a complex story full of lies and deceit. Protecting the people hardly was the reason for the demonization of a comparatively harmless and much more useful plant.

It's more likely the whole thing was about status quo and profits, just the same with psylocibin. If you forbid a friggn PLANT (there are no laws against eating most of the really poisonous plants, remember?) on the off chance that some percent of the consumers will have bad side effects, I wonder why unhealthy food, cars and kitchen knives are being sold.

The only reason I see why pot still isnt being legalized/decriminalized is because a lot of people dont even think that laws should be questioned at all times.

edit: fun fact, the people that came up with heroin as a "cure for all your ailments" are still allowed to sell aspirin to us...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:20:55 pm by Puck »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 04:29:38 pm »

Heroin started as a cough medicine.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 04:43:35 pm »

So did cocaine, didn't it? They were using it for just about everything a hundred years ago. And we all know that it's what the Coca in the Cola was...

Not that I'm advocating either heroin or cocaine. They're both infinitely more addictive than pot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 04:45:01 pm »

Lead plates are tasty.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 04:45:57 pm »

It was offered as a medicine for different problems, coughing being only one of them (most funny thing was the "cure against morphinism" part  ;D), and since it gets you THAT high, soon was marketed as "cures everything".

Hey, at least you don't know you're sick, when you took some of it, right?

Heroin is among the drugs I never tried and never would. Talking to people that took that stuff for quite some time, I found it interesting that only those who just started somehow are defending it. AS if they wanted to justify what they are doing. People that have been on H for a longer time usually tell you the same stuff the media tells you... it's pretty horrible how it destroys you/your life.

If that isnt an alarm sign, I dont know what is.

So did cocaine, didn't it? They were using it for just about everything a hundred years ago.
Yay, nay, maybay. They might have left out a bit about the bad side effects and how it changes your personality, but IIRC they already had pretty conclusive texts about the analgetic effects. (YAY for the experiment with the needle and the rabbits eye  ::) )

But in the end... a cocaine addiction is nothing against a heroin addiction. Heroin is - I think in 90% of all cases, if not more - a one way ride. A lot of people that stopped taking it can tell you it's always haunting them.

A cocaine addiction can be cured completely AFAIK.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:38:00 am by Puck »

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 04:56:40 pm »

I saw a picture of some old advertisement for Tooth Ache drops that contained cocaine in them.

The drug program we get here in elementary school basically teaches that if you take pot, you will become addicted and eventually overdose and die. During middle school everyone realizes its complete b.s.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 04:58:39 pm »

I dont think lying to children is a good idea at all...

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »

Tapeworms used to be marketed as a weight loss system.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5