Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Pot and Etcetera  (Read 6098 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Pot and Etcetera
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 01:26:38 pm »

I noticed that two of the trio of neverending anime (Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece) have moved into their second phase of sorts. Is One Piece still about that search for treasure or becoming pirate king?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 02:02:16 pm »

I'm not that far yet.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 02:23:46 pm »

I noticed that two of the trio of neverending anime (Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece) have moved into their second phase of sorts. Is One Piece still about that search for treasure or becoming pirate king?
And they will never find it...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 02:30:50 pm »

A lot of the "negative" sideeffects from smoking pot actually comes from mixing it with tobacco. Like the lack of motivation...

Anyway, I'm conviced alcohol is a lot more dangerous, but in the end you can compare it somewhat:
a beer now and then never hurt anybody, but once you develop some sort of alcoholism things go pearshaped.

That being said, I'd rather develop a marijuana "addiction".

Got both in my family, and the guy that drinks too much (and I mean dangerously too much) ... just isnt there anymore. He has been replaced by something else, something hideous. The full time smoker retained a lot more of his functionality.

It's a shame pot is being "demonized", because it can be a very useful tool for a lot of diseases, mental and physical, same goes for LSD, but that one's a bit more dangerous to handle ;) So it's even more of a shame we don't have any skilled doctors working with it anymore.

edit: and about the "contact high"... talking to a stoned person will probably get you more stoned than the passive smoking ;) and I'm not kidding.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:32:58 pm by Puck »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 02:59:09 pm »

Some idiot in our school left a whole load of weed in his locker.  On a very hot day.  Guess what?  The entire corridor stank of the damn stuff.

The health risks probably aren't as great as those of alcohol, but care should probably be taken.  For one thing, people who smoke weed for ages become... like... um... er... see... huh... really boring.  I know someone who became far more irresponsive due to it.  I thought of it as an improvement, but probably not from his point of view  ::)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 03:04:33 pm »

I agree with absolutely everything Puck just wrote. Especially the alcohol comparison. In highschool my mom used to tell me she'd rather I smoke two joints at a party than drink a 6-pack. My mom was pretty...liberal. The way I look at it:
Alcohol makes you stupid in the short term, and lazy if you drink too often.
Pot makes you lazy in the short term, and stupid if you smoke too often.
I just feel sort of bad advocating illegal drug usage in polite conversation, regardless.

And yeah, One Piece is still about the same stuff it was always about. I can't imagine how they'll wrap up all the individual crew members 'dreams' sufficiently, I have a feeling the ending will flop horribly and not resolve anything. It's just super fun though. Usopp FTW.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 03:09:10 pm »

Pot also has fairly strong links with Schizophrenia, which can be fairly serious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 03:16:25 pm »

Pot also has fairly strong links with Schizophrenia, which can be fairly serious.

Says who!?  SHUT UP MUFFIN MAN.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 03:22:22 pm »

Schizophrenia? That's nothing!

Did you know that everyone who has ever smoked pot or even come within the general vicinity of it in the 18th century has since died?!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 03:26:10 pm »

Me and muffin man are sad for those truthful facts.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 03:26:47 pm »

Did you know that everyone who has ever smoked pot or even come within the general vicinity of it in the 18th century has since died?!

"That IS disturbing? What can I do to help?" :P
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »

Meh, you have google too, don't you?  It's linked with increased chances of getting schizophrenia.  Not being illiberal here, it just sortof is.  Buggers around with brain chemistry.

Not certain, but a link has definately been suggested by studies.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »

There are no cases of death by pot overdose...

therefore:

ban alcohol, legalize pot.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 03:30:23 pm »

Alcohol makes you stupid in the short term, and lazy if you drink too often.
Pot makes you lazy in the short term, and stupid if you smoke too often.
The way I witness it is a weee bit different. I'm talking about a probably unhealthy amount here, btw.

Alcohol can cause "permanent" brain damage, while the brightness you lost due to pot _usually_ comes back, and rather quickly at that.

edit:
something that's worth noting: smoking is always bad for your health, you can, however minimze that damage by using a water filter or just evaporating the stuff in the pot that is desirable. Or - you just eat/drink it, properly prepared in fat.

Should be possible to consume pot in a way that isnt bad for your health, really.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:32:13 pm by Puck »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 03:34:54 pm »

UP THE NOSE.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5