Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Pot and Etcetera  (Read 6102 times)

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pot and Etcetera
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2009, 01:16:53 pm »

If I am correct, don't they still use the leaves of the plant cocaine comes from for added flavoring in coca-cola?

Edit: I should of worded that better, I meant that they dip leaves of the plant into it for added flavor, not actually mix it into it.  My bad.  I'll see if I can find a link.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:26:44 pm by Luckk »

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2009, 01:21:33 pm »

If I am correct, don't they still use the leaves of the plant cocaine comes from for added flavoring in coca-cola?

I don't believe so, it sounds blatantly illegal to me.

waiWHUTinaWHATNOW?  :o

Over here they usually at least tell you to take the package til it's done just as prescribed, but they dont tell you WHY, which I thought was bad enough... but not even telling patients it's important to finish the package is even worse!

Generally they leave that up to the pharmacist, and the pharmacist doesn't usually give a darn (at least in my area).

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2009, 01:24:37 pm »

That plant is conveniently called "Coca", and I'm pretty confident that stuck up politicians all over the world made sure there is no way in hell that stuff still makes it into coke. The drinkable one, that is. Or wait... drinkable is such a vague term, especially for that gruesome sugary brew.

The funny part about that is... you guys heard the story about the German Reichstag? When they checked the toilets there for cocaine traces? Place was full of it. Politicians were like "we're innocent, those were the visitors". Answer was "tough luck, buddies, we tested the non-public restrooms, for which only you guys have the keys".  ;D

I found that rather hilarious, especially since when you watch them TV broadcasts half of those guys look like they're asleep. Well, maybe that's the clean half  ;D

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2009, 01:26:04 pm »

The German Reichstag did not end well, it's hard to hold it against them.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2009, 01:26:45 pm »

Their parliament is still called "Reichstag". Or wait, my fault, I think it's called "bundestag" but it's held in the "Reichstagsgebäude". (gebäude=building)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2009, 01:29:03 pm »

I guess "Reichstag" now refers to the (rebuilt) building rather than the actual parliament, as it used to.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2009, 01:30:10 pm »

So my original posting about the matter was actually correct, since you cannot test the toilets of a concept, only of a building  ;D

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2009, 01:34:54 pm »

Well, I guess I'm sort of right if wikipedia is correct (Yes I know its a bad source...).  From what it says about what they currently do they: "To this day, Coca-Cola uses as an ingredient a cocaine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey."  Only thing I could find quick.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2009, 01:36:47 pm »

Well, I guess I'm sort of right if wikipedia is correct (Yes I know its a bad source...).  From what it says about what they currently do they: "To this day, Coca-Cola uses as an ingredient a cocaine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey."  Only thing I could find quick.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

You learn something new every day. :D

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2009, 01:39:37 pm »

Seems so... and hey, look what I found

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We just had that one a few pages ago.

edit: I think I begin to grasp where the expression "the good old days" actually comes from... that's because the old folks were drugged up to the brim when they were young!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:44:20 pm by Puck »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]