Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 86805 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #2580 on: August 16, 2009, 05:58:05 pm »

[I consider errors like the ship to be reality warping, not just portals and teleportation (Phantom did a lot of that too with his chrono stuff). I hold the post-to-post discontinuity as part of the RP, in the form of warping.]

Dictator turns his head to regard the dimensional protrusion.
"Before it grabs you, could you tell me what it is? I think I can guess though...Your "vacation" is up?"
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 16, 2009, 07:39:25 pm »

Ignoring the rip the time/space continum for the moment, Luke looked outside to see the condidtion the the fortress. The place looks ripped appart, as if it was part of a battle (sic). Parts of the walls are missing, the guns seem offline, and the garden is just plain gone. Luke frowned. He going to be yelled at for this. however, he felt a tug on his shirt, and looking down spoted a dwarrf holding some sort of remote control with only one button. Figureing he had nothing to lose, took it a pressed the button.

There is a sudden rumbling, and hundreds of dwarfs rushed out of the keep, beginning work on the battered fortress. Luke watched with his jaw dropped, amazed by the whole thing. Then, the left as quickly as they came, leaving the fort as good as new. Luke stood there, dumbstruck. Then, with wonder, he pushed the button again. An invisible force smacked Phantom in the back of the head. Luke hugged the remote.

"Where have you been all my life?"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 16, 2009, 07:47:46 pm »

Phantom, not even curious about the invisible force, simply walks away into the courtyard
"Hey Nick is that you?"
"Yes it is Phantom, there is something I wanted to do since I raped your girlfriend..."
"YOU WHAT!"
"Thats right, I just don't need any witnesses..."
"DIE YOU S.O.B.!"

Phantom is flung into the bar, two men dressed in suits walk in behind a man in a white tuxedo.
"Thats it, your dead nick"
Phantom reaches into his shirt, pulling out a Skorpion sub machine gun, which he uses to kill a bodyguard of Nick.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 16, 2009, 07:55:36 pm »

"Yup demon lord wants me back causing destruction and anarchy.Cya."

Ocade sighs and lets the demon hand grab him and pull him into the rift.Dtuzal walks in behind him.The rift closes with a bit of fire and the smell of brimstone.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:59:36 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 16, 2009, 11:35:00 pm »

Some distance out from the fortress, Talon examines the battlefield.

"Holy hell. I'll be busy for a while. Best start with the little ones."

Walking over to a still-twitching zergling, he grabs it, gently, and closes his eyes. Deadly watches from afar, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Interesting - these things don't have any sentience, at least, so I can mess with them. They seem somewhat mishmashed - whatever did this knew what it was trying to get, but didn't have enough to work with. I can fix that. Deadly, can you fetch me a live one? This one's too weak to get shaped."

Standing up, Talon decapitates the zergling, before beginning a dissection. Sometimes it was easy seeing how things connected up before you Shaped. In the meantime, Deadly morphed to Feral, before sprinting farther into the battlefield, where a few screams could still be heard. Nose filled with the scent of zergling, he had no trouble tracking down a fresh one, and with one leap it was over, the zergling unconscious. Slinging his trophy over his shoulders, Deadly began to run back to Talon.

"That all?"

"All for now - but I wouldn't mind your help later, with some of the nastier ones. And do me a favour and make sure no one kills them off while I'm busy."

"Sure - slithery ones or spiny ones?"

"Both if you can. We'll save the tusked ones for later. The aerial ones look too fragile to be caught."

Deadly runs off again, looking for a live 'slithery one'.
Meanwhile, Talon turns to the unconscious zergling, placing one clawed hand on its carapace.

"Such a fragile thing - but certainly aggressive. I think we'll give you a better brain, and maybe some better armour."

With that, Talon begins. The crunching of bone can be distinctly heard coming from the zergling, and soon a plate of bone emerges, covering most of its back and head. Sharp ivory spikes burst from the limbs, and the zergling's leathery skin is covered by scales. Its claws fuse and unfuse, new muscles adding dexterity and strength, and a new jaw structure allows the zergling to unhinge its jaw to bite far larger targets. The legs reform with greater support, allowing it to leap, and the tail becomes spiked and prehensile. Finally, the brain. With an expanded skull capacity, the previously primitive structure expands, new structures increasing the creatures intelligence a hundredfold, while also severing its reliance on the Overmind. When it's over, Talon steps back from his new creation.

"Very nice. Doubt you'll live long, but still. That's what you were meant to be."

Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 16, 2009, 11:39:21 pm »

A terran runs past the two, oblivious, he is followed by a few banelings and a hydralisk, the banelings are explosive suicide creatures though

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:08 am »

Phantom is able to hold off Nick and his gang long enough to keep them out, but he enters cardiac arrest, right after saying
"I bet your happy now Luke."

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 17, 2009, 12:18:03 am »

"Yes. Yes I am. Now die, you prick"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:52 am »

Phantom, in an act of desperation, runs into a field of hydralisk and zerglings, albeit killing them all
"WHY WON'T I DIE! WHY DIDN'T I DIE WITH THE OTHERS! WHY COULDN'T I DIE WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO BE EXECUTED! WHY GOD WHY!"
Phantom lets out a scream of pure anger

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: August 17, 2009, 12:25:03 am »

"OI! Busy here! I need those! Orders business!"
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 18, 2009, 03:25:05 pm »

Guardian is seen on the deck of Independence, taking pot shots at zerg, while saying something, and Phantom is also saying the same thing
Guardian:"There are no heroes..."
Fires his rifle
Phantom:"There ain't no such thing as victory..."
Fires his SMG at zerg
Phantom & Guardian:"There is only defeat..."
Phantom:"There is only chaos..."
Guardian:"There is only death..."
Phantom & Guardian:"There are only those who suffer.."
Phantom:"In these dying worlds..."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 18, 2009, 04:42:12 pm »

{Wow this got totally abandoned}

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 18, 2009, 04:43:42 pm »

[to much godmodding an warping.]

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 18, 2009, 05:17:19 pm »

{Anyone Willing to use the Coup De Grace on this thread?}

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 18, 2009, 05:23:20 pm »

{YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KILL THIS THREAD.STRIFE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO THE COUP DE GRACE.)
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 176