Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 86804 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #2565 on: August 14, 2009, 01:10:04 am »

[The short answer: yes. the long answer: Mutants in the 40K (and probably in most setting) are either born different (psykers, ratlings, squats, ogryns) or are changed (those infected by Genestealers, almost anything that is touched by Chaos). The creation of Space Marines is mostly surgical, the rest is training. ]

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 14, 2009, 06:06:31 pm »

Ocade continues to brag about every battle he's won.

"Hey...Luke why do you gotta hate mutants,why in a world that ended not to long ago,if you didnt have a mutation you didn't survive."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 14, 2009, 07:05:48 pm »

"You must understand. Everything in our dimention is trying to destroy each other, for any amount of reason. The Imperium of man is constantly assulted by the hererics and the xeno. We can not trust anything that is not also a human, and even then we cannot trust each other for they can still be influenced by chaos. If we let our guard down for a second, we would be destroyed."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 14, 2009, 07:34:00 pm »

Talon whips around

"So why then not give yourself an advantage? Let your foes fear you, for the frightened are weak. Make yourself as strong as possible, for then you have no foes to fear. Our world, too, is dangerous, but we believe in stacking the odds in our favour. I am sorry for my outburst, but you offended my workmanship, insunuated that my creations are no greater than a random act of genetic chance. Still, your decision is your own. You have no quarrel with my study, and possible enhancement, of the other creatures in this realm though? These zerg interest me greatly, as do the Orks."
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: August 14, 2009, 07:41:16 pm »

"Uh... I think I'll stay out of this." Ryn walked over to bar, set his shield and mace down on the counter, took off his helmet and put it down and, snatching a bottle of something, sat down.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 14, 2009, 08:14:52 pm »

"Huh...I think i visted that place once...oh wait...never mind im thinking of Golarkin."

Ocade tunrs to Talon.

"Adventages might become a weakness if you dont know your enemy."

He then holds out a flask of fire snake venom.

"Anyone want one?"

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 14, 2009, 09:27:52 pm »

"How can being able to breathe underwater ever be a disadvantage? How about extra senses? Toxic skin? I've got so much packed into this"

Talon gestures with his clawed hand

"That no foe will ever be able to fully counter all my abilities. And if they can? I'll just give myself new ones!"

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 14, 2009, 10:36:51 pm »

Little mutters, "So much idiocy."
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 14, 2009, 10:42:04 pm »

"I mean no insult to you, it just that the humans of my world believe that a mutated body is an indecation of a corrupted soul. Besides, I think I'm pretty good as is"

[He's not kidding. Here's the complete list. Scroll down to Implants]

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 14, 2009, 11:33:16 pm »

[I just found this interesting, at the end of the article you linked:
After all of these implantations and alterations to the human body, there is a serious debate whether or not Space Marines are human. While they indubitably serve humanity, they are at least two meters tall, can breathe poison and eat through metal.  ;D]

"Fine, I see you won't change your mind. Woulda been almost as hard as changing a Feral anyway, with all the junk they've crammed into you."

Talon turns and leaves the building, muttering under his breath, Deadly following after.

"Now, about these Zerg. Deadly, I'm going to need you to hunt down a live one..."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: August 15, 2009, 10:52:47 am »

"So anyone want one of these," Ocade gestures toward the flask, "Its good..."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 15, 2009, 10:29:11 pm »

[The last 40 or so pages have made me rather disappointed about this RP thread.]

Dictator watches the events with no comment other than the perpetual frown and glaring. The Fort was being warped at every turn by all of the corrupted or unnatural forces at work. The only thing that was really staying the same was a little sphere of space around Dictator, where the bar did not bend and stretch to accommodate strangeness. Its back was to the bar and its tail was wrapped around the stool. Ocade was right outside the fuzzy edge of the sphere, and Dictator decided he could take a moment to move and keep someone from getting accidentally killed.
"I'll take it." It said as it uncoiled and stood.
It picked up the flask and downed it in one go, letting the foul liquid go strait down into its reactor to burn. It sits back down, and looks out the open doors; viewing a little cutout of the massive, messy swath of land.

A few floors down in a food storage room, a Vorpal Blade finally happens to be thin enough to fit under the door. It does so, and flies through the hallways in a path the might generally go to the main room.

For just about the entire time, Creep has been eating random combatants (even sampling of all) in slow, painful ways, demonstrating Dictator's annoyance. Curiously, so far none of those eaten have really mattered.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:34:43 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 16, 2009, 12:49:20 pm »

"eh...Dangit i wanted one of the humies to drink it.It would have burned them alive.From the inside out,do you know how funny that is?"

((i think this is a huge rp fortress so far.I meant the lands around have a massive wartorn history now.Zerg,chaos,demons, and orks all died here))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:52:46 pm by filiusenox »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: August 16, 2009, 04:39:15 pm »

[You're also forgetting the zombies and the dragon. I am just disappointed the direction it's gone in. After Strife left people have been forgetting that this is his fortress. It's true that no one can really own a thread, but it's courteous to follow the rules and setting placed beforehand. It would also be nice if more posts made sense, explained themselves, and were consistent with other posts. That was my note about "warped at every turn", all kinds a god modding and weirdness have been going on, such as a massive ship being built out of nothing within a tiny fraction of the time it should have took (and if you consider the fact that Phantom didn't allow for things to actually happen during those five hours, it took no time at all). And at one point there was mention that only one side of the main wall was still standing. Strife's cannons have been completely deactivated as far as the RPers are concerned, even though by nature they are slightly stronger than everything they fire at. There has also been mass ignorance of things that were already part of the environment, but I guess I can't blame anyone for that as there needs to be post describing it all concisely. On the same note, people seem to randomly "clean-up" said details in one or two sentences instead of using effort equal to the amount the created them. There's just so much warping...]

Dictator looks at Ocade sternly.
"I do not find suffering in living things to be "funny". I only find it acceptable if they learn something from it, or it fulfills a punishment they can learn from. Unlike you, I am not a demon, and I am not evil. Besides, your offer was to everyone."
It returns its gaze to the war-torn vista outside and its raging combatants.

Where the number of dark pools opening up has increased slightly, and screams of a slightly different tone are added to the cacophony. Excepting the particularly powerful individuals, the expanse around the Fortress will be empty of life shortly (at normal time, not battle time, it's taking a while battle time wise).

The Vorpal Blade has reached the first floor and is currently flying the long way to the main room; through the duct work. Assorted faint clangs and crashes can be heard as the Blade manages not to hit anything its edge.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:46:00 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 16, 2009, 05:03:03 pm »

((Yep forgot about them.Well the ship is phantom's fualt.Not that i didnt do my share of godmodding.With ocade its hard NOT to do godmodding,considering hes a 3000 year old demon king.I might try for a human, this characthers getting old.I hate warping but making a portal here and there shouldnt be that bad.))

Ocade was sitting at the bar when a portal ripped in space and time.And a massive hand started to come through.The colors and light acted as water in a drain and begin to pull into the rip.The hand itself was dark red with splocthes of black.You could see the fire coursing through its veins as welll as the darkness.The tip of its fingers where spiked and serreted.

"Fuuuuuu......" Ocade grabbed as many drinks as he could and began to chug them.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 176