Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 92206 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #2055 on: August 05, 2009, 08:36:49 pm »

The squat dwarf picked up the sock, held it up in its glory. it is truely a thing of beauty. While the dwarf was holding the artifact for all to see, the krak slams next to him, the force of the exploding sending the dwarf flying, and he soon lands on the sideline. He stands up and dusts himself all, muttering that there now respect for dwarfs now a days, when he dfound a small cut on his forehead, then leaves to his bedroom to rest and heal his wounds.

[I'm not loging out for the night, I'm just putting that charcter on the bus right now]

[Edit: holy crap, that thing is evil looking]

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: August 05, 2009, 08:44:01 pm »

There is a truce in the battle, the soldiers approach the smoke to see what happened
The Ghost:"Be careful, something happened with the infected human he hit, they are not supposed to make smoke"

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 05, 2009, 08:53:12 pm »

((It's gonna be a little bit before I post. I'm considering whether or not I want to kill of Atlas.))

EDIT: ((In fact, it'll be tomorrow. I need to think, and procrastinate long enough to reread through the Fellowship of the Ring. I have 100 pages left, I can't stop now!))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:07:41 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: August 05, 2009, 09:08:26 pm »

[meh]

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 05, 2009, 10:16:05 pm »

[That wasn't the best illustration of an Infested Terrain you could pull up, was it?
On the subject of Starcraft (apart from the fact it was brought here in the first place), I remember a different "string" of Zerg that my mind conjured up for assorted plots that were zombie-apocalypse like in their design. It was a universe in which I took the Zerg to their full potential, in which they wiped out pretty much everything else even faster than normal. But the infection stories were the most fun, it was the situation in which any fluid contact with Zerg would result in contraction of an Infection that is usually only gained from Queens and their Infested Bases. So you'd have people that fought randomly turning into spies or traitors, and barrack's fulls of them waking up in a different state of mind and body that when they went to sleep (great nightmare fuel). When almost all of the human race was taken, there had popped up a very few that actually had the willpower/psychic ability to resist the will of the Swarm. These ones, as direct control wasn't an option, were changed anyway and placed in illusions to carefully (mis?)guide them (double the Control needed, but getting competence and/or psy abilities).
On August 14 and onward I probably wont have time for the internet, I have taken many AP classes and people tell me I wont survive unless I devote all my free time to homework.
The Lich is sipping his tea when he noticies something. The tea is not in fact, being drunken by him. He peers into his saucer and discovers that it had turned solid somehow. This not stopping him, he proceeds to eat it, saucer, bad pun, and all.
I do not see the pun, sour or not. Could you point it out, hopefully making it even worse?]

"Lich, you appear to have taken a note from my counterpart. This place is a mess."
Dictator says as it peaks its head out of the door. It then proceeds to walk around the room, leaving ripples of normality and stability per each step and tap. The two-dimensional party goers fade away with each wave and vanish, the walls and floor return to their gray stone, the plants on the ceiling fade as the ripples reach them. Dictator finishes the circuit and sits down beside the drunken Lich, blocking half the room from more chaotic magical energy. Everything looks so boring now. Even more so as Maha isn't there to re-apply flavor to everything.
"Speaking of Maha, I think I managed to deal with it for a time, as that particular deadly weapon usually needs the ingredient know as the head to do harm."
An Ork that happened to survive getting into the fort's gate falls into the shadow of the wall, there is a faint crunching sound, and then a rush of bubbles to the surface. The shadow fades back to its normal level of shade.

[On another note for Phantom, CJ1145, Filiusenox, you've been making your battles rather unbalanced, awkward, and generally annoying to read, as you keep doing things the other person will ignore or randomly god-modding (which they either ignore or god-mod in return). And specifically at CJ1145, will you agree to have a neutral third part throw dice? A roll for both defense and attack of each confrontation? We could also add in everything else in a table-top RP game to work out what happens, if it comes to that.]
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: August 05, 2009, 11:44:13 pm »

[I'm sure that's not necessary. As long as you just skim-read what they've done to see the effects on the environment, and ignore the effects on human life of their posts, everything is normal. :P]

Cairn eyes Sofia warily as she pulls up a chair at the table.

"OK, before anything else, can someone tell me what's up with her? She's giving me some seriously messed up vibes, and Deadly feels the same way, although the only reason he could give for it was that 'she smells funny'. This is from a Feral, they'll eat rotten meat and enjoy it. So what's going on?"

Cairn ignores the question Little has just posed, while his mind feverishly races through all of the possible outcomes. He has no idea what to do. But what do you expect from someone raised in the equivalent of a cross between a strict Catholic boarding school and a meeting of cynics? At his school, instead of being told to be good or you'll go to hell, you're told that you're going to hell.

"I'm not falling for things that easily, Luke. If you want me just to kill you you'd have died by now. You are either the hardiest sunuvabitch I've ever seen, or the luckiest, and probably both."

Deadly throws a shard of armor at Luke, hoping to ignite him into action. Hey, maybe if he's lucky it will decapitate him. Yeah, right. :P
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 06, 2009, 03:00:11 am »

(He was eating his tea  :P)

The Lich continues to randomly shoot magic around. The Results are actually very pretty. It's just too bad that Dictator is now outside, wearing a lampshade, half-a-dozen t-shirts of various colors, a belt of grenades and rainbow suspenders which hold up pants way too big for him.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:07:44 am by TheNewerMartianEmperor »
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: August 06, 2009, 09:50:05 am »

((To Nivm: I would rather not. As I said, I want my Marines to live. This whole battle has been godmodding on Phantom's part. For example, a Ghost surviving a point-blank pistol shot, two of his soldiers being shot in the spine and not doing anything, a random Terran mechanic being able to control a Land Raider, anyone that knows Warhammer 40k knows that none of this would happen, as the Marines are far more powerful than Terrans. Same goes for my Orks, I don't want them to die, and I've already thrown plenty of good plot opportunities out the window by allowing the warboss to receive brain damage.

I've already compromised on more than I want, frankly this is where I draw the line.))
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: August 06, 2009, 10:29:11 am »

(I've been reading the order of the stick, and it's frightening how much he resembles Xykon in terms of personality.)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:18 am »

[I'm with CJ on this one. While there was godmodding on both side, most of it was from Phantom. Although one thing I would like to know is how did both sides get their vehicles inside the building]

Luke smerked. He knew that wouldn't have worked, but it was worth a try. The shard of armor struck he chest, but it was too dull to have real done any damage, but the heaviness of it  knocked the wind out of him and probably bruised something. To stall for time (and to catch his breath) he slowly walked around Deadly in a circle, keeping himself from out on his range.

"Well, I'll be honest. You did very well in your first fight with a Space Marine, most don't really get a chance at a second. You've done quite a bit of damage. It's impressive that your were able to tear through that armor, and if this was a real fight and not a simulation, I would hate to be at the wrong end on that tail. But the thing is, after about, ooh, several hundred years worth of battle, training, augumentation, and a whole slew of God-Emperor knows what else, I've become something more powerful than any normal human could be, if you could really call me human at this point. So, in a way..." Luke stopped, once again facing Deadly, his armor between the two "I am the hardest sunuvabitch you've ever seen." Luke laughed "Luck helps too."

Luke quickly snatched up his power fist, this time putting it on his right hand rather than his left.

"Now then, lets finish this"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:27:50 am by Luke_Prowler »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 06, 2009, 11:24:15 am »

"At this point, I wouldn't even call him superhuman. But Ultrahuman sounds rather.... eh."

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 06, 2009, 11:28:44 am »

"At this point, I wouldn't even call him superhuman. But Ultrahuman sounds rather.... eh."
[well, he is an Ultramarine *rimshot*]

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 06, 2009, 11:29:52 am »

The Lich, in a valiant and heroic effort to save all comedy as we know it, begins to eat the drum set.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: August 06, 2009, 11:44:44 am »

Phantom teleports to the lich and hits him
"STOP TRYING TO EAT THE UNIVERSE!"
Phantom teleports

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: August 06, 2009, 11:45:30 am »

The Lich didn't notice, and went back over to where Sofia and Little were sitting.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 176