Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 92279 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #1605 on: August 01, 2009, 11:16:03 am »

This seems to work. Unfortunately he forgot about the blade arm.

WHAP

Ouch. That's left a really big gash in his back. Any more and it probably would've severed his spine, if he has one. As it stands, he has a gash about as wide as his arm and long as he is tall in his back, and the arm is coming up for another strike....
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 01, 2009, 11:43:28 am »

As the arm comes in, Peregrin uses his quick senses to snatch it from the air. Unfortunately, the the creature is much stronger than it first appeared, and lifts him high into the air. Peregrin fires a ball of plasma, severing the blade arm, and taking the blade itself for his own uses. He begins his search for the eye once more.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 01, 2009, 11:47:42 am »

The plasma seems to have failed to do anything this time. Four blade arms, each the equal of the first, have sprouted from the wound.

Peregrin's arms are both full from carrying the immense bulk of the blade arm, rendering him unable to attack in any meaningful way. If I was him, I'd get out before he dies in a most horrific fashion.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 01, 2009, 12:42:57 pm »

((Peregrin, why did you say you came from the sky? I just portalled you beside the Lich, standing there, because you asked. And so you finally decided what your character is? An android?
TNME? Could you post what on earth happened when Maha stabbed the nasty thing with a razor sharp cucumber?..which exploded. Did anyone carefully read my post?))

Dictator listens carefully to the Lich's explosion of words. And decides it would be expedient to speak the same way, even if he doesn't have as many words to get out.
"Understood. Itshouldbealrightifwecanlockthisdimension, orfigureouthowtofightitoff. Isitmagic? Anddoesitmakesense?"
Even though the conversation is moving at incredible speed, the fight moves faster. The shadow hydra quickly moved in beside Peregrin and started eating the things off him, while sometimes biting down and pulling him away from another blow, the weapon he is holding makes him hard to move. The things weren't very crunchy, and tasted rather bad. They also apparently had a very sharp, smelly versions of souls. Luckily, the ones that actually stayed in the hydra's mouth dissolved. Unluckily, they had to be destroyed instead of Eaten.
Maha levitates in an arc over the creature and drops a bunch of autumn oak leafs as it makes a fly-by. Maha then takes its "hat" off and eats it, then spews wet cement over the creature. He leaves corporeal form then, in a puff of sad, itchy, explosive powder (the powder itself feels itchy, not what it touches. Specifically, it's triiodine nitride). The meteor (the one that rolled up into the missile launcher) rolls out of an adjacent wall and into the creature, turning that part of it to stone (specifically, diorite [and people here will know what that is]).
Right as the leafs touch the creature, they leave spots of gold alloyed with zinc. The creature suddenly feels kinda light-headed, and doesn't care.

((Edited only slightly because the forum didn't show me the last two posts.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:51:00 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 01, 2009, 12:55:22 pm »

(The explosion was far too silly to do anything.)

The creatures blades slice at them both, fortunately they were able to make it mostly around the corner before getting sliced into several distinct pieces. Too bad for the hydra that a significantly large piece of it's tail was caught and is a bloody mess.

"It'll get in anyway! I don't know if we can fight it in any meaningful way at all! It's not magic! I HAVE NO IDEA."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 01, 2009, 12:58:28 pm »

Even as the blades slash at him, Peregrin powers through, his body healing just quickly enough to keep him alive. He pushes through the tangle of flailing parts and finds his goal: The eye. He lifts the bladed arm as high as he can, shouting

"Tell your master that my people are not to be trifled with!"

He brings down the blade directly to the creature's eye, hoping for a fatal wound
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 01, 2009, 01:07:09 pm »

((Not as silly as non-dissipating plasma. Maha is just as dangerous as Creep or Dictator, the explosion should have either done real damage or created another reproducing wound. Also, what corner? We're in part of the large arena, there are no corners to go around.))

As part of the hydra's tail was hacked off, Creep let it dissipate into nothingness. The hydra continues pulling Peregrin out of the fight and cleaning him off.
"Then start closing that gate instead of panicking like a ninny."
At that, Dictator glares at the creature. Wondering how it would stand up to more attacks.

((At least I hope you were relying on Dictators ability to negate, instead of just arbitrarily ending this thread.))
*Sees new post.*
((I'm just going to ignore that, as it doesn't fit with the last two posts or the description of the creature.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 01:59:33 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 01, 2009, 01:15:49 pm »

((There was an eye, I'm rather sure. The whole reason Peregrin is here is to kill that thing, you're not going to pull him off until either he or the thing is dead.))

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 01, 2009, 01:18:49 pm »

((So you and TNME have been talking in PMs? Setting up a plot that way? And the eye is not why it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit because you're ignoring the tide of battle. We are currently quite blocked from advancing, and you were about to be killed anyway. You've chosen to be a metal being, you can't regenerate if there isn't any mass to regenerate with, or magic to get mass from somewhere else.
Edited again to complete the thought, sorry I keep doing this.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 01:21:30 pm by Nivm »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 01, 2009, 01:22:12 pm »

(attacking the creature directly ain't gonna work. What Nivm suggested before will. Think Problem Sleuth. Also, no. This ain't gonna end the thread. Also, no plot.)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 01:29:18 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 01, 2009, 01:29:20 pm »

((Are you suggesting I attempt to shoot you with a key? Also, the material he is made of is a foreign metal, similar to the stuff the Terminator 2 terminator was made of. If you want the story, Peregrin lives in a horrible future where an evil unseen force rules all existence. He stole a time-travel blueprint from an abandoned museum, and built the locket. He went throughout time, collecting weapons from all of history, hence all his stuff.

During a trip to the Civil War, a volley of musket-fire mangled his body, killing him. However, he made a jump back to his home before he died. His friend found him a few moments later, and took his to a doctor, who essentially printed his personality and memories onto an artificial body. This is the Peregrin you see now.

Also, yeah, I'll try to fix it to get back into the flow of battle. I'll edit it if this is wrong, so just let me know.))

An instant before the blade struck the apparent eye of the creature, an unknown appendage grasped Peregrin around the waist, and pulled him away from the creature. he struggled to free himself to no avail; he was brought to a safe distance, to the Lich and Dictator.

Peregrin was furious, but decided to make good of the situation at hand.

"Lich, whatever you are, that thing wants you for something. I spoke to it, it didn't care about anything but finding you."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 01, 2009, 01:31:43 pm »

"Uh huh. Did I mention that there are millions more like it, and the chances of you being alive after that thing is done with me range from zero to none? Also, the thing can't speak."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 01, 2009, 01:38:03 pm »

((I see, but if you take some of the new Terminator's body away, and lock it into something, it can't regenerate it. Those worm things ate some of you off.

Yeah, that works, the appendage would be one of the hydra's maws. But it would probably be better if it was just the shoulder or side, instead of the entire waist.

TNME, should I remove the negation part? It should work, as the creature was "born" in a "place" "outside" the universe...apparently. Dictator can apply base level physics to things, negating magic, technology from a lot of universes, and anything that doesn't really "make sense". It seems like this creature would be the epitome of what "doesn't make sense".
I will make a reply, details pending whether what I did before works.))

"Yeah it did, there was something broadcasting telepathically. It was trying to keep it focused on Peregrin, but it was like it couldn't hear as well as it could speak, very loud."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 01:40:26 pm by Nivm »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 01, 2009, 01:41:02 pm »

(Your rules don't apply to it. I doubt negation would work, as physics and things run away screaming vis-a-vis these creatures.)

"That still doesn't change the fact that it will kill you anyway."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 01, 2009, 01:45:47 pm »

(That's just it, it isn't using physics, thus when you apply physics, it would vanish or recede, as it could no longer exist. Can we pause until this is ironed out?)
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 176