Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 92302 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #1500 on: July 31, 2009, 01:53:14 am »

[Well, I'm sure you'll think of something. The God-Emperor didn't unify humanity in a single night]

Luke climbed up the stairs. Why he didn't simply take the fast way was we might never know (aside from the fact that he was too heavy for the normal elevator). Maybe he like taking the long way. maybe he was trying to catch his breath. Or maybe, just maybe, he knew that Deadly could here him. He knew, and he wanted every step to count. Every. Last. One.

"You hear that deadly!? Those are the bells! They toll for thy!"

Luke felt like spiting at that point. That was bad even for him.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 31, 2009, 02:07:10 am »

((Awwww, why not? I figured we were just in Strife's arena. Injury always makes these things much more fun, but it'd be funny watching Little's reaction. Sorrying if I'm God-Modding.))

Little leaps out of the way, rolling onto the ground as the ball of shadow acid flies past her. She retains her smile, the bloody face chilling with trails of blood oozing from the nose. Little bends down and takes off her shoes, plucking a slender knife from her left sneaker. She a triumphant howl she stands and charges.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 31, 2009, 02:12:59 am »

As the Lich crashed through the door of the arena, something happened. In all of strife's realm, the ground shook. Even in the simulation and the miniplane, the ground quaked. A strange air had come over the fortress proper, as the air appeared to be ever so slightly more humid, and alive. The power's having gone off during the quake had added to it, as had the fact that night had at last, decided to fall.

The Lich appears to have disappeared when he crashed though the door.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 31, 2009, 06:19:23 am »

((Just because he deserves it.))
As the strange hooded man ran out of the building past Dictator, it reaches out a single claw and catches the edge of the hooded man's hood, effectively clothes-lining him. As the man crashes down on his back Dictator clutches his throat, neutralizing whatever lucky and enduring forces were holding him together. The man is suddenly filled with holes of bullets and blades. He vanishes before Dictator can decapitate him.
In the mean time...
The strange gray rock between the lake and moat breaks off and falls into the abyss, the liquid of the lake hasn't realized it doesn't have support anymore.
The sky in Luke's and Deadly's arena displays a giant glowing aurora of green light. It would be breath taking if anyone cared to notice in all the chaos.
A "slice" of the main room turns like part of a rubix cube. The end of the bar and part of a rug are now on the wall. Part of the wall with imbeded licorice is now on the floor.
Some random room in the defense towers gets a new coat of tan, pastel paint that is infused with psychedelic mushrooms.
A tiger lily in the garden morphs into a brilliant purple moon flower. Dictator immediately notices the flaw and walks over to stroke the stem and remove the chaos, returning the lily to normal.
About two kilometers from the fortress, and mirror fortress appears, but without people or defense. The real fort's defenses immediately open fire. The mirror fortress starts melting, like ice cream.

Throughout all of Little and Cairn's match Creep has been following under Cairn expectantly. If people weren't so caught up in everything else, it would be dark enough to be immediately obvious now.
Currently...

"Such a silly saying, to stop and enjoy the flowers."
Dictator begins walking towards the entrance, to be quite surprised as the earth shakes and the Lich runs out and vanishes. It sighs deeply and walks in the door.

((Hey, Strife, will you every update or a create a full description of this place? Characters and setting. A lot of things have happened, and there have been scenery changes that weren't from me too...I have a feeling you're just going to hit a reset button to fix everything and be done with it...that will not exempt you from character listing though.))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:23:25 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 31, 2009, 06:24:50 am »

Nivm, please delete your part about Hood. He was gone, I repeat, gone with no way of being traced because I had to get off for the night, and I knew you bastards couldn't wait to kill him, so you'd do something like this humiliation when I wasn't able to react. He'll be back for round two, just be patient.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 31, 2009, 06:31:01 am »

((I do not care, you did a really nasty job with him. I recommend you make another character and forget about that mess.
You didn't show how you came here, you immediately started interfering, you didn't give any reference or lines of inference as to what your character was, you god modded...Would you like me to edit it so I actually killed him? At least this way you can put together a good revenge and confusion plot.))
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 31, 2009, 06:35:06 am »

((I was planning to give him development, until you bastards starting picking fights with him! I did not god-mod, I was keeping him alive considering there were 3 people coming after him, he needed an advantage just to not die. I already had the damned backstory ready. He was meant to be mysterious, you would have found out how he got there soon enough, and the whole thing was going to be a nice little subplot, but NO. filiusenox or whatever decided that he wanted to pick a fight with me, and then Phantom decided that picking fights with the intention to kill was innocent, and came to his aid. Then Mission showed up, because apparently Phantom needed help, and then Phantom brought in Ghost, because two people didn't seen like enough enemies apparently! I do RP's all the time, I know how they work. The problem is that you guys refused to go the sensible route and think "maybe fili is to blame considering he started the fight!"))
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 31, 2009, 06:37:03 am »

((Go back and read it again. See how it sounds to you after you've waited a while.
Edit: Why didn't you just let the character die? Or get too severely wounded to do anything? There are healers abound, if you had stopped doing damage, there would be plenty for you.
How did you get past the fortress defenses?))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:41:17 am by Nivm »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 31, 2009, 06:39:35 am »

((I have read it several times. I know how it sounds. There is a damned story for why he's fast, why he's acrobatic, and why he has all those weapons. I'm begging you, don't make me post the freaking story, just accept that I have reasons for what I did, and give the character a chance again without attacking him on sight. It'll be worth it.))

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 31, 2009, 06:43:08 am »

"I've got to go. Bye everyone!"
Archangel picks up his bag and presses a button on the jump device. He disappears.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 31, 2009, 06:52:46 am »

((Sorry, you don't sound like it. The god mod I was talking about was the immunity to bullets. And even if he is fast, acrobatic, and carries a lot of weapons (the last one negates the first two), he will not fare well against a demon, a lupine mage, and some random army recruits. Also, you don't really need to give a large back story, remember how everyone else has done it? Came in through some method of transportation, completely mysterious, then preformed introductions after the initial chaos. You just appeared and acted rudely, which started a fight. How can you say otherwise after reading it so much?
Anyway, I feel like I'm trolling you. So lets leave it at your character's return (through means this time) and my character's immediate attack. Either find a way in that's outside of its vision or be ready to run and/or get help, we've begun a mutual dislike.))

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 31, 2009, 07:56:51 am »

Inside the darker regions of the fortress, something began to grow. Slowly at the moment, yet gaining power with each second that passed. Soon, it would send out those who do it's bidding, and then things will really start to go downhill.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 31, 2009, 08:13:10 am »

Hood waited outside of the courtyard, contemplating previous events. Of course, his name wasn't Hood. It was Peregrin Zangel IV.

Well, that didn't really go as planned. I'm not sure who the man was that started the fight, but I may kill him if I see him again. Until then, I need to get back inside. The holo was unclear, but something terrible happened here, and I need to stop it. Maybe I should just activate the locket, reset everything and try again? No, no I doubt it would work on that large a scale. One of them hurt me in there. I didn't know I could feel pain anymore; there must be something here that nullifies my resistance.

Peregrin began to walk into the courtyard, carefully avoiding the cameras as he went; still thinking to himself.

I wonder why those bullets bounced off, though? Does it really matter, though; the point is that I am alive, and have another shot at this. I doubt they'll be pleased at my presence, so I'll need to travel light.

Peregrin reluctantly bundled up his cloak, concealing most of his weapons inside, save for two wrist-mounted daggers, Excalibur and his favorite Thompson machine gun.

Little Betsy, Peregrin thought. Al sure wasn't too happy when I came to collect you. I mean, he shouldn't have been. The crime lord of all Chicago can't prevent one man from taking his own weapon? That's a sad day for someone like that.

Still in thought, he pulled the silver locket tucked under his shirt, and opened it. There was a holo-image there from when he was seven, with his brother and sister. They were both so happy. So young. Peregrin caught himself drifting into thought, and pressed his child self's nose. A black hole leading to apparently nowhere appeared in front of him, but he knew better. It led back to his apartment; thus, he threw the cloak and weapons in, and turned back to the door as the hole evaporated. He walked inside unrecognizable, except perhaps for his smile. He had modeled himself after an old character from the Library's video records; Doctor Who. ((10th season)) He doubted anyone here knew the character though. Regardless, he looked like your average man in his twenties, nothing more; nothing suspicion-worthy, at least.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 31, 2009, 09:04:05 am »

In the dark depths, it grew. It's sight expanded, and it saw things.... Light, happiness, life. These it could not stand. It was weak, but more of it were coming. It was only a matter of time.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 31, 2009, 09:43:09 am »

nvm.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:56:02 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 176