Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Those Who do not Update  (Read 3471 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Those Who do not Update
« on: July 05, 2009, 07:33:33 pm »

Some of you may follow a certain webcomic, or an ongoing project, or a forum game.

Some of you may find that this is a source of stability in your life, the only source of stability. Each week/month/day it is updated, and you are fed with new information.

What happens when it doesn't update? There is no explanation of why it is dead.

You begin to wonder.

Maybe the artist/author/GM quit? Maybe he died? For some of you, this may cause extreme irritability.

I know that as a direct cause of an old forum game of mine, some of you are left bitter. One of you has let this develop into a mental disorder, the likes of which almost border on trolling.

You know who you are, and I apologize.

But I won't update it.

Post your thoughts on damn dirty quitters.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Those Who do not Update
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »

I curse them!  I want my schedule to be PERFECT.  That means you VG Cat.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:49:07 pm »

When I watch Abridged Series on Youtube they not only betray their schedual constantly and they not only do not provide you with progress updates... But they ALSO get angry at you for even wondering.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 07:49:32 pm »

The best webcomic I read updates once a month on a good year.  It would be nice for more, but if the author wasn't an erratic crazy, I doubt the art would be as good.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 07:52:02 pm »

When Olonkulet changed from M/W/F to T/T/S I just totally lost my shit. I put my first through a wall, broke down into a 4 hour sobbing fit and then jumped off my roof and broke both of my legs. In the following week I gained 40 pounds of grief weight and developed a crippling addiction to painkillers.

Don't even get me started about VGCats.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:54:05 pm »

* A_Fey_Dwarf suddenly feels bad about Treasure sounds a lot like treachery's premature end.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 07:54:48 pm »

Lethal Doses and Winter. So little updates, and so far between.

At least Lem seems to going strong with Blank It
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 08:25:28 pm »

Sorry about life of a zefie.

and zombie apocalypse.

and polearm.

and the sarcastic zombie RTD.

am I forgetting anything?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 08:26:40 pm »

Your soul.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 08:31:36 pm »

Sorry about Evolution and Angry Red Planet guys.  I sucked hard on those.

But don't worry, my next project is gonna be awesome.  (Not the Sims 2 thing, that's just filler.)

And then there's Return to the Angry Red Planet! coming eventually...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 08:32:54 pm »

Meh I get annoyed if the authors don't post anything as to why they haven't been updating, because then you don't know what happened.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 08:47:13 pm »

I'd also like to extend apologies for Sandy Fjord, which is being held back purely by my laziness and unwillingness to listen to my own babbled recordings.

Not a forum game, nor a webcomic per se, but it's something which should be updated semi-regularly.

Same goes for DnG...

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:42 pm »

Ah laziness.

The very reason I don't join community games. I don't like leaving people in the lurch.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 08:55:19 pm »

I curse them!  I want my schedule to be PERFECT.  That means you VG Cat.

I too wonder what happened. VGCats used to be very funny. I notice its lack of updates when Scott started to do other comics... like the Final Fantasy one (kinda cute, but it's no longer updated), and the Super Effective (which is absolutely not funny).

I don't read the VGCats forum much, so I wonder what happened. Is Scott spreading himself too thin by doing other comics (I assumed some of those are sponsored by game companies)? Is he too busy with real life or conventions to play games? Does Scott play games any more? Is he afraid to offend game companies by making jokes about their games?

IMO VGCats' quality dropped a lot in the recent months. I haven't seen a really funny strip for a very long time.

I like the old strips... Bubble Bobble (cute stuff kills ya), FF7 (I'm not made of XXX!), Alien (face full of spunk), Viva Life (Piņata) etc.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 08:58:17 pm »

Likely he is just not interested in VGcats

Which makes total sense since they are basically 1 dimensional characters (The female even more so) who basically make nonsense statements about videogames a lot of the time.

Maybe not so formulaic but I think it is sufficiant to say he doesn't want to update VGcats every week... or even once a month
Pages: [1] 2 3