Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Game Over with Luke_Prowler  (Read 5949 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Game Over with Luke_Prowler
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 02:50:33 pm »

do you require assistance? i can do Weapons moddeling?

some 2d modelling too.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 02:57:50 pm »

some 2d modelling too.

The idea I have is in 3D unfortunately, but thanks for the offer.
It will probably never get made, because I can't code, model, or anything, but I have the whole game planned out.

And, has anyone else noticed that the more you know about the monster(s), the less scary they are? It's a common mistake that ruins movies and games.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 02:58:48 pm »

And Duke, you can curb stomp the aliens. There is not much that can top that.
I believe I have already named something that can:

Unless you can suplex an aliens head off, I doubt this can improve on RE4 gameplay.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 03:01:16 pm »

some 2d modelling too.

It will probably never get made, because I can't code, model, or anything, but I have the whole game planned out.

And, has anyone else noticed that the more you know about the monster(s), the less scary they are? It's a common mistake that ruins movies and games.

i meant 3d for the first part. i meak weapons.

the SECOND part was about 2-d moddeling, for HUDs and such.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 03:06:40 pm »

some 2d modelling too.

i meant 3d for the first part. i meak weapons.

the SECOND part was about 2-d moddeling, for HUDs and such.

My mistake  :-[

I would still need to learn a programming language though.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 03:09:21 pm »

source could be good.

(aplogies about the Hi-jack)

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 03:55:40 pm »

Stalker part one did that horror thing pretty well, imho. You had some passages, that were just like your regular shooter. Fighting spetznaz or gang members or whatnot.

But then there were underground secret labs and factories, with one enemy every 15 minutes or so. The rest of the time you spent peeing your pants because of screeching metal pipes and whatnot.

It WAS kind of imperative that you had absolutely ZERO spoilers before you played it, so you know NOTHING about the setting, the enemies and the story.

Too bad all that fear was gone after the first playthrough. But the first run, oh boy oh boy, praised be stalker.

The invisible monsters mindfucked me at first. Until I just ran from them.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 05:34:03 pm »

yeah, those invisible gits really spooked me.

i was just walkin' along inside the underground maintinence place near the weird complex, minding my own Bidness when i keep seeing some horrible disturbances in the air, thinking it was just an anomoly i avoided the area.

i then went up on a slightly elevated gantry, skipping along, wondering where all the enemies were, and i went through an arch with a broken pipe (the ones that make a mist of steam) and went through it.

realising i missed some pickups i turned around, went through the steam and turned a corner right next to it, and

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

the bastard was screaming into my face! he then proceeded to rip the shite out of me as i peppered him with a couple assault rifle shots.

needless to say, i died. that was the last time i played stalker. (mostly as i forgot to save..)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 05:48:13 pm »

Yeah, playing with the Oblivion Lost mod can bring back some of the original fun, because it unchains all of the enemies' AI and adds all of the enemies that had been removed, some of which can really freak you out if you don't know what they are.

This led to two of the most terrifying experiences in my gaming history.  Real fear, too.  The kind of fear that makes you drop what you're doing and get away from the situation as fast as you can.

Now that I think of it, it was just one.  The second was only startling, and I laughed about it afterward.

The first one was in the Cordon.  I had only been playing for an hour or so and was still using an MP5(I believe it's called a Viper in vanilla STALKER).  I was driving my sweet ride(Yeah, Oblivion Lost puts cars back in the game, as well as blowouts, faction combat, mask effects [Wearing masks puts an overlay on the screen that looks like you're wearing goggles or whatever, and you can see condensation on them], and a bunch of other things that should've been in the game on release) down the main road and was a few yards past the farm area when I saw the body of a rookie stalker on the ground 30 feet or so off the road.  I stopped, got out my trusty gun, and got ready to see he had anything useful.  I was creeping up to it pretty slowly because I still hadn't seen any dogs around, and wasn't sure where they were hiding.  At about the halfway mark I hear it:  That low, ragged panting that signals invisible death for anyone who isn't seriously hardcore.  I still can't see the Bloodsucker, and I'm not seriously hardcore, so I panic, turn around, and sprint to the jeep.  I managed to get in and floor it, but they were right behind me.  I suddenly hit a bump and rolled the jeep, landing it upside down with two bloodsuckers about ten feet away.  I don't remember what happened next, I'm guessing my mind blocked it out.

The other thing was in the first underground area, where you see your first Bloodsucker in Vanilla.  I had gotten to the part where you start seeing lots of military guys, but it was completely empty.  No Bloodsucker, no military.  I keep going forward and find the first military guy, on the ground, with most of his blood on the walls.  Deeper in was more of the same, there was a whole mess of Bloodsuckers in there and they had eviscerated the military guys.  In what would have made an awesome gif, I looked down a hallway and saw a bloodsucker run by exactly like bigfoot in that famous video.  Low to the ground, arms swinging, everything.  It made me jump, but afterward I laughed at it.

Seriously though, that Oblivion Lost mod rules.
Shoes...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 05:58:20 pm »

when i get a better PC im totally getting that.

i was in that same area when my rape happened BTW

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 06:10:48 pm »

NetHack, now thats a "scary" game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 06:25:36 pm »

It's true. If you're a melee class and you see a nymph appear right next to you, you will scream in fear and piss your pants.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 06:37:02 pm »

It's true. If you're a melee class and you see a nymph appear right next to you, you will scream in fear and piss your pants.
Yeah not only startling but it also causes real fear, as they can really fuck you up.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 06:38:08 pm »

I'm going to say the title of one series. Even on the SNES It scared me.

Clock Tower.

Look it up.
!!&!!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 06:41:30 pm »

'Jennifer Simpson'? Really?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5