Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Off to Lebanon.  (Read 7406 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Off to Lebanon.
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 01:38:10 pm »

That doesn't even look realistic.

Are ye kidding? Yeah the bloom effect is annoying, but other than that, this is pretty realistic imo.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2009, 02:56:16 am »

Foliage is nice, but the way the gravel intersects with the rocks, and the gravel in general, is just bleh. It might be bumped map, but its still just 2 perfectly flat surfaces intersecting, doesn't look good.
Magma is overrated.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2009, 03:53:20 am »

Our internet is back, the power situation is to blame. Experts say that the power fluctuations caused by having too many lights on is the problem. That caused the routers to reset and also disabled our net. We've been told that we ought to install a UPS to our power source.

Also, the power situation is a known political problem here, not an economic one. There is a high tarrif on Chinese made turbines. There is enough wind and sun (mediterranian country) to help suppliment the power here, but they can't be built. Also, polititions seem to soak up electricity here.

During these two days I managed to read The Way of Shadows from cover to cover, that is 670 ish pages.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2009, 04:05:59 am »

Cant you just buy a private generator for just your household? I mean, if your parents bought a house on a whim like that I cant imagine money being to big a problem.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2009, 05:31:00 am »

Until everyone realises your the only house on the hill with lights on...
Magma is overrated.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2009, 09:10:52 am »

We do have a generator, but it can only generate so much electricity. It is part of the reason for the reset. We're buying a regulator, so that power fluxes don't matter as much.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2009, 01:22:06 pm »

Lucky! Lebanon's gone down a bit from the 80s glory days thanks to civil war (so I've heard...haven't been there yet) but it should still be down.

Hizullah, schmizbullah. Europe has the BNP, America has the Christian Right, Israel has Yisrael Beitenu...

I'm hoping to be back in Palestine in a couple months. Just looking for an organization that will cover my room and board in the west bank where I can do a little good. And if I'm lucky I'll have my Canadian passport by then so making a trip to Lebanon or Syria shouldn't a big deal (their governments are dicks, so if you have an Israel stamp on your passport they won't let you in...not an issue if you have 2 passports)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:25:21 pm by Jude »
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 03:18:57 pm »

Europe has the BNP, America has the Christian Right, Israel has Yisrael Beitenu...

Except none of these are killing innocent people through acts of terrorism.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2009, 05:13:58 pm »

Europe has the BNP, America has the Christian Right, Israel has Yisrael Beitenu...

The latter two are, indirectly.

But hey, we could turn this into another argument or we could talk about how nice lebanon is.

Oh Jesus

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »

I think it's really funny seeing two Israelis fight about their NOT A TERRORIST organisations.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 09:47:40 pm »

Edit: NVM, i don't want to start a flame war and derail the topic...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:51:28 pm by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2009, 04:51:07 am »

The latter two are, indirectly.

But hey, we could turn this into another argument or we could talk about how nice lebanon is.

Hold it. [citation needed]
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:20 pm »

I think it's really funny seeing two Israelis fight about their NOT A TERRORIST organisations.

I'm not an Israeli. I'm just making the point that a group which has a government doing it's dirty work for it is just as evil as a group that does the dirty work itself, and also that those kinds of groups are everywhere and aren't a reason to write off an entire country. People are scared to go places like the West Bank, Colombia, Pakistan, Lebanon, etc., as if the whole country is one non-stop warzone - because that's what they hear about on the news. You go there and realize 1) there's plenty of people leading more or less ordinary lives there (or trying to) and 2) it's not like your own home country doesn't have plenty of homicides too. That's particularly true in America, where we've got a yearly homicide rate that exceeds the number of people killed in the entire last couple decades of the israeli-palestinian conflict, but people are somehow scared to go to the middle east.

Oh Jesus

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2009, 04:30:22 pm »

Homicide and war are different things. You can't compare them like that.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 05:28:03 pm »

Homicide and war are different things. You can't compare them like that.
Sure. But in terms of likelihood to be killed? Also, plenty of ghettoes in America are called "war zones" for good reason.

Oh Jesus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8