Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Off to Lebanon.  (Read 7427 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Off to Lebanon.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 02:31:13 am »

Yesterday was fairly uneventful. The internet went off, so I had to search for the router but a convenient power outage restarted it. There was also a gas leak, but we managed to fix that. Also, two out of three fireplaces here are for show, so I hope my parents catch on before using them.

The rest of the day was spent putting the house into order, and complaining about the sever slowness of the internet. (5 minutes to download 2MB, speedtest put us at .1Kb per sec or something).

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 02:48:24 pm »

Hopefully the internet situation will be solved tommorow, so that I can surf Youtube as well as other sites in order to get my fix of entertainment.

Also, it turns out we have quite a few people who go "what the hell are you thinking!" at us. Turns out that because power is scarce here, every bit you save counts. Meanwhile, we forget to close light and all that crap and tend to black out at least once a day.

Today, in itself was pretty crap though; we managed to get lost in the mountains on our way back from the supermarket, and once we got help the guy basically told us "You do know that the no one knows that this road you are travelling on exists".

Also, I'm having trouble with there money. They have too many zeroes, and the conversion rate is at about 2,000 lira to the dollar. Our groceries cost us 375,500 liras, but all the zeros are pretty unnecesary, as their lowest value coin is 500 liras.

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 02:50:15 pm »

once we got help the guy basically told us "You do know that the no one knows that this road you are travelling on exists".

:o Creepy!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 03:46:39 pm »

once we got help the guy basically told us "You do know that the no one knows that this road you are travelling on exists".

Well he did say something along the lines that only the iffrit knew where it was but it didn't sound like a threat, but more that he was poking fun at the tourists. Besides, if he tried to do something, there was a guy in military gear behind us with a gun in his hands.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 04:13:18 pm »

Well he did say something along the lines that only the iffrit knew where it was but it didn't sound like a threat, but more that he was poking fun at the tourists. Besides, if he tried to do something, there was a guy in military gear behind us with a gun in his hands.

Was that your dad?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 05:28:39 pm »

No, it was one of the guys the Lebenese gov't set up so that they have an outpost in case of war or something. My dad just arrived a while ago, he had to attend meeting after meeting in the UAE before he was given this vacation. We were just the advance party that set everything up.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 06:21:02 pm »

Here is a nice picture of the view:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks better than Crysis.
!!&!!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2009, 07:53:39 pm »

Hurr hurr hurr.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 06:42:17 am »

WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 06:57:17 am »

Hey!  You haven't gone to Lebanon at all!  You've gone to a slightly cloudier version of cyberspace!

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 12:53:13 pm »

No, it was one of the guys the Lebenese gov't set up so that they have an outpost in case of war or something. My dad just arrived a while ago, he had to attend meeting after meeting in the UAE before he was given this vacation. We were just the advance party that set everything up.

The more I hear about your current situation, the more hardcore I think it is.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 02:02:45 pm »

What about Crysis 2.?  :D

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 05:33:42 pm »

Too much bloom...
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 07:06:42 pm »

Those waves make me want to swim. :)
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 05:32:07 am »

That doesn't even look realistic.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8