Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Off to Lebanon.  (Read 7388 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Off to Lebanon.
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2009, 05:53:48 am »

I haven't been up to much lately, there wasn't too much reason to go out. I ended up downloading Gal civ II and am going through a gigantic game. Once I'm done with that, I'll just put in the dark avatar expansion and go through a gigantic game there. I fear the day that I run out of stuff to do.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »

http://leninology.blogspot.com/2009/07/segregation-can-apparently-be-fun.html

Hey Yanlin can you interpret this ad for those who don't speak hebrew
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2009, 10:20:41 am »

It's a shitty advertisement for a phone entertainment thingy with shitty games and stuff.

But the idea behind it is apparently Gaza and the IDF playing football.

Fuck it. I have no idea what's going on.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2009, 07:05:06 pm »

My friend posted it on facebook and none of us had any idea either...of course we don't know Hebrew...we were trying to figure out whether or not it was supposed to be a political statement, and if so, what it was trying to say, or if it was just an unfortunate cell phone ad.

Also, I thought that was the west bank wall. It looked familiar.

Oh Jesus

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2009, 02:07:02 am »

My fan broke down again, but this time I cannot steal one from another room. This gives me a choice between opening the other window and suffering mosquito bites and sleeping in the heat.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2009, 03:39:26 am »

Do you have insect repellant or mosquito nests?  Have you considering obtaining some?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2009, 05:55:57 am »

My fan broke down again, but this time I cannot steal one from another room. This gives me a choice between opening the other window and suffering mosquito bites and sleeping in the heat.

You could just buy fishnet stockings and put that over the window. I think the holes aren't big enough to let mosquitoes through.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2009, 10:09:48 am »

....among the many other reasons to own fishnet stockings.

Oh Jesus

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2009, 01:50:19 pm »

Use a scroll of genocide... oh wait this isn't nethack.
Hmmm.
1. Don't Eat Bananas
2. DON'T EAT BANANAS
3. Always be wearing clothing.
4. Close window - suffer heat - drink water?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2009, 01:57:06 pm »

Cold showers?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2009, 04:03:12 am »

Turns out we had more fans two stories down, so my suffering didn't last. This time, I make sure to unplug the fan so that the fluctuating electricity doesn't get to it.

In other news, my father decided to show us how wonderful the surrounding area was, and that it was a good substitute for what we had back home. He failed miserably. We went to a restaurant, where half the menu was French, and the other half was Arabic with some english thrown in. It didn't help that their food was terrible. I never knew someone can make horrible fries.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2009, 06:54:51 am »

In other news, my father decided to show us how wonderful the surrounding area was, and that it was a good substitute for what we had back home. He failed miserably. We went to a restaurant, where half the menu was French, and the other half was Arabic with some english thrown in. It didn't help that their food was terrible. I never knew someone can make horrible fries.

That's worse than Engrish.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2009, 02:54:49 am »

Yesterday went well, this time because a family friend decided to take us out. I'm probably the only one that thinks so, since I am the only one that seems to wake up well before noon. We ended up eating Chinese and getting some movies.

We ended up watching one of the more random choices we had, a Korean movie called "City of Violence". It wasn't bad, but near the end the constant Zerg rushes of mooks grated a bit.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2009, 01:09:14 pm »

You should be checking out whatever movies they make there. The only ones I've really seen are Paradise Now (holy shit it's really intense, it's about these two kids getting called up to do a suicide bombing) and The Band's Visit, which is sort of like Napoleon Dynamite in Hebrew and Arabic but more depressing.

I also saw There Will Be Blood with Hebrew subtitles. Not that that really made a whole lot of difference.

Oh Jesus

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2009, 02:15:00 pm »

This thread is going to come earlier to a close than I expected, since my sisters and I got tired and talked our way out. I also need to get some tests done.

In other news, my eldest sister, her brother-in-law and their three kids have come over for an unspecified amount of time. I don't hate them, but their kids can be noisy, and sharing the house with that many people is straining on the sanity. Also, their oldest kid is three years old.

You should be checking out whatever movies they make there. The only ones I've really seen are Paradise Now (holy shit it's really intense, it's about these two kids getting called up to do a suicide bombing) and The Band's Visit, which is sort of like Napoleon Dynamite in Hebrew and Arabic but more depressing.
I know my sister saw Paradise Now, so not much chance of seeing that, and I never really liked Napoleon Dynamite.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8