Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Civ names  (Read 1310 times)

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civ names
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:48 pm »

Strangest civ or fortress name you've ever gotten through the random generator? Most awesome name?
I'm new, so so far:
Elven civ - the strategic beans
goblin - the monsters of crushing

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Re: Civ names
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 03:30:52 am »

A human Civilization

Behal Rodoh - The Kingdoms of Owning
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 03:58:28 am »

A human Civilization

Behal Rodoh - The Kingdoms of Owning

awsome!

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 05:30:51 am »

Cat of Fortresses. Elven Civ.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Lonewolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Feral Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 05:33:59 am »

The Hatred of Rage - dwarven civ
The Praised Banners - dark dwarven civ

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 06:39:10 am »

oh those elves, always gettings things backwards :D
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 12:04:13 pm »

Right now, dead serious, ,"The Incest of Factions" Gobbos.
Sig to be updated momentarily.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 08:05:23 pm »

oh those elves, always gettings things backwards :D

No, they're not getting things backward. After a long war with the dwarves, the elves of a now unknown civilization crumbled. The remaining elves who ran way to create a new society sought out a revenge against all of dwarf kind. Then they sought to use the relationship they had with the animals of the forest.

The elves had been aware of the dwarves tendency to store food by large amount in locations underground, so they knew that many animals sought to be in those stores and have a feast on their own. So they created a new animal. But the animal they created was there to hunt those smaller animals that the dwarves had taken up to call 'vermin', rather than to protect them. And they created the animal to be able to connect with the dwarves like the elves could connect with most animals. Evil was the connection, but it was vital for the animal's protection and survival.

The still unnamed clan ventured forth to the most vile place they could, underground to the leader of the dwarves who had slaughtered their own civilization. They brought him ten of the animals they had created, five males and five females. And the king liked the gift as he saw one of the males chase and kill a vermin.

"So good are your gifts, that I'll put forth that our civilizations shall be at peace." The King spoke to the elves. "But we'll make no payment for previous wars nor shall we beg forgiveness." Then he sent his agents with pair of the cats to his four most promising mountainhomes.

The elves left, smiling for introducing such a creature to the dwarves. Knowing how dwarves had no respect for animals or nature, they knew that they would eventually come to dislike the animal, but still unable to kill all of them, or try to because of their usefulness. And the animal as impossibly fertile and sibling breeding would not make them deformed like any other animals. The elves had been good with their crafting with magic and form.

The elves then called themselves after their revenge. "Cat of Fortresses!" They cried out in triumph.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

echo78

• Bay Watcher
  • You cant see me because Im lurking
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 01:37:04 pm »

My current fort is called Kissglazed and my last was tongueglazed, my dwarfs obviously have some strange mouth fetish. :P

[FOR RENT]

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 01:40:15 pm »

two words...
hairy... embrace...

choosen when i began my humen fort, without my intervention/use of name randomizer...
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 02:21:44 pm »

The brotherhood of killers

The Castle of beer

Both dwarf civs i had.  ;D

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:10 pm »

Just got a new one for my own:
Nishshar. Translates into Man Plan. Oh yeah!

Red Minjo

• Bay Watcher
  • New head of Grunty Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 09:52:23 pm »

The Renowned Empire - Human
The Ferocious Terrors - Goblin
and perhaps the best, The Fierce Growth - Elven

I also have The Large Syrup - Dwarven and The Red Lash - Dwarven.

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 04:21:50 am »

i got this one a while ago:   elven civ of Múya Eleri, "The Typhoon of Disemboweling"

and these are from the several forts i have running now:

"the impure omen"  draconian, my glass castle megaproject (my own personal species complete with its own equip and food and pets

"the fragrant rites"  draconian, standard fort

"The Hail of Emancipating" elven, my 'city within a volcano' failed megaproject

"The Cosmos of Fleas" draconian
"The Fierce Roses" elven
"The Tangled Spider" goblin
"The Glimmer of Skewers" draconian
"The Dishonest Monsters" goblin
"The Divine Empire" human     --  these last 6 are from my longest running fortress, with a wealth of over 4mil and 7 successful artifacts, including my fav, "Embracerings the blade of tapering" a platinum mace

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 04:37:06 am »

The Trampled Terrors.

not so terrifying if they're trampled...
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: [1] 2