Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)  (Read 52837 times)

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)
« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2009, 02:21:47 am »

ok, i tried. i can get it to gen a world on d12, but it will not get past the end of world creation. it just sits there waiting for me to hit enter and it does not resume. i cannot get past the f9 bug on d11, so i am not using that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

using standard tile set with custom raws on xp (so i cant gen world that others have, hence my extreme interest in this) pleas can i have one that works? i do not need ahk installed right, since it is a stand alone app? also does my overall resolution affect anything, cause i run it pretty high.
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)
« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2009, 02:44:11 am »

Um... dare I ask why your grid setting is set to 75:20? The minimum is 80:25.

That, and your windowed-y is set to 300 instead of 600.

Basically, you should be running [GRID:80:25] and [WINDOWEDX:800] [WINDOWEDY:600]

Ultrafinder can only handle the native grid resolution with tiles at a 1:1 aspect ratio. Failure to meet these requirements makes my program rather unhappy.

Try changing those around and see if you have any luck :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:37:13 pm by GFXiNXS »
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 10, 2009, 03:38:21 pm »

ah, thanks. i did try a few different settings (that is how i got to the weird grid size, trial and error), but i could not find one that works. i will try that.

edit: i assume that "windowedy" should actualy be 600, and not 25.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:41:22 pm by lucusLoC »
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #258 on: September 10, 2009, 06:06:25 pm »

pffsh, way to ignore my question(s).
-snip-
(What is this coded in, again?).

With the scanning of tile sets, can't you just load a blank black background between scans, so that the old letter doesn't get shown underneath the new one? Or am I just not understanding how this works...
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2009, 09:21:18 pm »

no dice, i tried the default window resolution and the 800x600 resolution (with corresponding tile sets) what are the settings others area using that works?

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next releas
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2009, 10:43:45 pm »

pffsh, way to ignore my question(s).

Woah! My bad. Firstly, this is coded in AutoHotKey. And yeah, I ended up doing a variation on that, but even with optimizations in place (like only searching for capital letters after a space has been triggered etc) the scan was just far too slow. You'd be better off looking manually.

This was, however, using the default imagesearch function in autohotkey. All this means is that I have to go ahead and write my own image search function. I already know how I'm going to do this, and I'll post up the methodology when I have time (ie, when I'm not at work). Hopefully this weekend. It's the first time I'll have had to myself in a long while...

Same to you locus, I'll have a look when I get home :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:10:31 am by GFXiNXS »

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2009, 06:38:27 pm »

awsome. i would love to have this working. i love building forts, but i usualy like to have a few things around to make my life eisier. what are the chances that we gat a sand finder in the near future?

Angellus

Re: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next releas
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2009, 06:12:19 am »

Hi,

I just tried this out, sounds awesome, but I cannot get it to run.
First I had d14 running, had the various problems, did not get past the f9.
Then I tried d13, did not run at all (It was just sitting there in my task-list, eating up one of my cpu's) Left that for a while, nothing.

Now I'm wondering, would this work with the original 40d version? (since it has something in the readme about minimal req. = 40d2+)

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2009, 06:59:26 am »

Angellus, did you try with both the v2.6c version and the v2.8 version?
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

Angellus

« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2009, 11:44:38 am »

Angellus, did you try with both the v2.6c version and the v2.8 version?
Yes I have.
Does anyone happen to know whether it will work with 40d?

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2009, 07:15:08 pm »

Heh, looks like I didn't update the readme all that well. Anyway... this should really work on 40d through to d13.

d14 and above will not work as of current. I'd give 40d a shot. Failing that, post your init file in spoiler tags :)

And yes, I've still yet to look at lucusLoC's issue in any kind of depth. I gave the init a trial and it failed to work for me as well, then I found even with my original init it didn't want to work either... Guess this program needs a small update or so to keep it functional. *sigh*

If anyone is wondering about my silence over the last couple of days, it's due to someone mentioning OTTD in the "other games" section. Damn that thing is addictive.

Anyway, hopefully my recent dissinterest in this project hasn't pissed too many of you off. Recent and past stresses have caused me to seek outlets other than programming or art to keep me occupied/sane, most of which involve OTTD and Batman: Arkham Asylum. Mostly OTTD.

Cheers, chaps and chips :)

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2009, 05:46:09 pm »

well I, for one, am extreamly pissed that i am not getting my free finder program in a timely manner. your performance is horrible. if it was not for the fact that i *realy want this working* i would fire you on the spot. incidentaly, what are the cances of getting a sand finder included? i could double your current pay on this project. . .

Angellus

« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2009, 11:12:31 am »

well I, for one, am extreamly pissed that i am not getting my free finder program in a timely manner. your performance is horrible. if it was not for the fact that i *realy want this working* i would fire you on the spot. incidentaly, what are the cances of getting a sand finder included? i could double your current pay on this project. . .
Seconded :)

You're doing this freelance, should we pay you, we could be pissed off due to no breaking results. We don't, so we won't.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2009, 11:26:06 am »

but we will pretend to be  >:(
and we really will be sad  :'(

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2009, 05:02:47 am »

just popped in to say keep up the good work!
it does the job brilliantly. can't wait to see the new features implemented.
what are the plans as far as the next release, wait for the next "full" version or release for the 40d14+ releases?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20