Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)  (Read 52924 times)

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats wierd, I already have the code in place to handle that and after trying on vanilla 40d (dwarfort.exe as opposed to the 40d2+ Dwarf Fortress.exe) and it worked fine :-\ - Just to be sure, what version are you using?

Wait.. it's probably my game being altered that's causing it (it brings up the F9 screen and flickers). However, Lamp's advice helped solve my exe problem. Sorry for wasting your time. Though, just in case, here's the init:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 11:35:30 pm by Praetyre »

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile

Whatever you did, it is now working on my vista machine so I am really happy.

I am glad that you are spending so much time and effort to make this work.  I see great potential from this little program and appreciate the effort you are putting into making it work for everyone and how you are taking all of our pestering in stride. Kudos to GFXiNXS *thumbsup* ;)
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have identified the problem that is bringing up false positives of locations. Not really sure why it happened as the new code effectively means the same thing, it's just written differently. Oh well. I'll try my hand at adding another feature or two and bring out another release some time today. Worst case scenario is there will at least be a fully functional version out that correctly identifies found sites.

Thats wierd, I already have the code in place to handle that and after trying on vanilla 40d (dwarfort.exe as opposed to the 40d2+ Dwarf Fortress.exe) and it worked fine :-\ - Just to be sure, what version are you using?

Wait.. it's probably my game being altered that's causing it (it brings up the F9 screen and flickers). However, Lamp's advice helped solve my exe problem. Sorry for wasting your time. Though, just in case, here's the init: -snip-

Honestly not sure what is going on there. Using your init proved fatal to my little program. I'll look into it further, though nothing is really jumping out at me. Wierd.

Whatever you did, it is now working on my vista machine so I am really happy.

I am glad that you are spending so much time and effort to make this work.  I see great potential from this little program and appreciate the effort you are putting into making it work for everyone and how you are taking all of our pestering in stride. Kudos to GFXiNXS *thumbsup* ;)

Heh, it's really no trouble. My line of work has me used to nitpicking and pestering from all sides :P That, and I hate the idea of putting out a program that only wastes peoples time. I don't like that kind of image being associated with me.

Hopefully with the brunt of issues behind me, I can start making this into something more than just an automation script running around the bare-bones feature finder of vanilla DF :)

EDIT: Currently working on a simple addition. Option to have the search run indefinately (until closed) and put all matching sites into their own directory. Each time you run the program it'll make a new scan folder and put matching regions in there, along with a text file descripting each region's features and contents. This version should also handle having FPS either on or off.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:13:35 am by GFXiNXS »
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
  • Those eyes. Look into them and see your future.
    • View Profile
    • Google

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's v21 of the mayday graphics set, I think, but it is running on d11.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.6 (Working) (W.I.P)
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2009, 05:06:03 am »

Right, got it. I found the problem on my end. This will be fixed within the next 20 minutes or so.

EDIT: Fixed and uploaded.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:25:46 am by GFXiNXS »

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.6a (Working) (W.I.P)
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2009, 06:19:14 am »

Hm, you should probably make a version which creates a debug log, because it's still not working for me.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2009, 06:27:19 am »

Amazing. Back to the drawing board. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2009, 06:33:10 am »

Haha, I seem to have the worst luck. Now it won't even design the world, it just goes to about and then I have to force it back to design and manually press f9. Do you have skype?
(Also, it gives me the popup that it found a suitable location after I do everything manually)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 06:35:57 am by Dwiib »

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2009, 06:53:55 am »

Yeah, using your init plus the Mayday DFG you still seem to be coming up blank. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. I just tried adding an additional pause after each of the screen scans so as to give the program some breathing room. Seems it might work.

If you use msn, could you send you address via pm? I'd like to verify whether this is a possible fix.

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2009, 06:59:16 am »

PM'd you my MSN address.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.6b (Working) (W.I.P)
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2009, 08:58:56 am »

Thanks to Dwiib I was able to get past some boundaries. Seeing as his instance has been the hardest to overcome, I'm thinking that if he can get it to work, most people out there should be able to run this without difficulty.

Some great ideas were also put forth:
-Having "run indefinately" cap the number of matching sites found so you don't leave it running overnight to come back to hundreds of found locations.
-Having "run indefinately" place images of the local embark area in the "Sites found" folder as an option.

Thanks again, Dwiib :)

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2009, 09:25:15 am »

No problemo amigo.
-
That's just cold, it found a world with all the things I asked for, except it only had 1 tile with trees and vegetation, and the rest had no trees and vegetation. Worst of all, the brook was called The Horn of Boring. :-\
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:54:14 am by Dwiib »

zagabar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2009, 10:33:21 am »

Omg, that DF in the background looks totally vintage coloured. How can I get it that way?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2009, 10:42:34 am »

"Run indefinately" D:

</whining>
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20