Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)  (Read 52872 times)

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And logic hits me like a brick in the face. Damn I am an idiot.

Basically all screen scans pertaining to screen changes etc are no where near the upper left. Hence not thinking it was a problem; I was always looking at those regions of the code for errors.

However, the one scan that really matters was f**ked. Each OS has a slightly different X and Y offset and because of this I had the program run a scan at the start of the program to find the topmost left pixel offset so that it doesn't matter what OS you are using (I need to know where on the window the 0,0 coord is for all of the screen scans eg. The 0,0 coord on XP is in fact at 3,22 but varies depending on your scheme)...

...and the fps counter covers this portion of the screen, meaning it thought your window started 1 tile further down on the Y-Axis thus throwing everything off by 1 tile. This meant it passed the more generalised scans, but not those that were specific within 1 tile.

*sigh*

Seeing as I am at work, I should really work rather than fussing over this script. I'll get back to you guys later in the day.

EDIT: Also to aklyatne - Just be cautious. There are select instances where an incorrect site will bring up a false positive. I know the problem but am unable to fix it at this exact moment. I hope, after all this trouble, that you don't have this problem.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:54:07 pm by GFXiNXS »
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
  • Those eyes. Look into them and see your future.
    • View Profile
    • Google

Glad you've found the problem. (hopefully it'll work)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

I was having great trouble getting this working with my Mayday copy of DF. I gave up, went to the dev_now page, downloaded 40d13, set sound and the intro to OFF, then started up UltraFinder.

Worked perfectly, going to start it going overnight, trying to find a rather specific site. :)

I believe I am right that saves are compatible between the only very slightly modded Mayday version, and base DF. I am more sure that worlds are compatible, if not fortresses (tell me if I am wrong please). Yeah, the window is really small, and the graphics suck, but that doesn't matter to the script, infact, its better for the script. You can transfer it right over when you find the world you want.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com

Volatar, I do not think that they are 100% compatible, but it's easy to fix that. Just copy all the .txt files from /raw/objects in the Mayday Graphics set into the /raw/objects of the D13 you just downloaded.
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Volatar, I do not think that they are 100% compatible, but it's easy to fix that. Just copy all the .txt files from /raw/objects in the Mayday Graphics set into the /raw/objects of the D13 you just downloaded.

Thats right, Mayday contains the cat_mouth fix and the stone_all_economic fix. If you copy the world directly, it will not work. Also, bypassing this by exporting and using the world gen perameters will generate a world with the same site features, but the stone layers will be different.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I tried directly copying a world genned in 40d13 over to the mayday version downloaded from his site and it worked fine... have been playing that one for 2 years ingame

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google

You having any luck gfx?

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeh, for now just turn "[FPS]" to "NO" in your dwarf fortress init file. That should at least get the program running for now. My grandma just died and I have a mate in town for a short while that I haven't seen in a long time so things are just a little hectic at the moment. Tomorrow should be free for coding shenanigans, though. That, and likely recovering from an epic hangover :-\

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google

Ah, right then. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Therapist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Turning off FPS fixed any problems for me, and thank you for making this program.

I just found a 4x4 Flux/Temperate/Rivered/Underground Rivered/Magma Piped/Hidden Fun Stuffed/Chasmed/Bottomless Pitted/Heavy Forested embark site with sedimentary, marble and gabbro.

So thanks again.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com

Tomorrow should be free for coding shenanigans, though. That, and likely recovering from an epic hangover :-\
http://xkcd.com/323/ Sounds legit, I think you should try this :P

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google

I hate to be a pain, but turning FPS off for me does not work either. It seems I am the pariah of working beta-stage code.

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The name of my (and the default) exe file is dwarfort.exe. The program isn't running because it can't find Dwarf Fortress.exe. Since I'm also using DwarfManager.. any advice, or some kind of quick code alteration (seems to only be line 008 that needs changing, but I wouldn't know what language this was written in.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com

Praetyre, UltraFinder needs to be in the same folder as "Dwarf Fortress.exe" or else it will not be able to find your init file or the exe.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The name of my (and the default) exe file is dwarfort.exe. The program isn't running because it can't find Dwarf Fortress.exe. Since I'm also using DwarfManager.. any advice, or some kind of quick code alteration (seems to only be line 008 that needs changing, but I wouldn't know what language this was written in.

Thats wierd, I already have the code in place to handle that and after trying on vanilla 40d (dwarfort.exe as opposed to the 40d2+ Dwarf Fortress.exe) and it worked fine :-\ - Just to be sure, what version are you using?

I hate to be a pain, but turning FPS off for me does not work either. It seems I am the pariah of working beta-stage code.

Could you post your init and version number? - Thanks. It's no trouble at all. I'm more sorry for giving out a bunch of haphazard programs. Seems things are slowly starting to pan out though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:59:08 pm by GFXiNXS »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20