Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)  (Read 52857 times)

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.5c FIXED) (W.I.P)
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 12:09:13 pm »

nope, still gets stuck at the same spot...

Therapist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2009, 12:16:58 pm »

Is there supposed to be a pause at the end of world generation when Enter(Accept)/a(Abort)/p(export image/info) comes up, or is the program not continuing on my computer?

Using a custom generation so World Gen ends at year 2.  Seed is random, Dwarf Fortress.exe and UltraFinder.exe (and the UltraFinder_Init.txt) are in the same folder, DF is windowed at 80 tiles and no intro, focus is maintained.

Also, though it's not a problem, if KEY DELAY (Ultra's Init) is set lower than KEY_HOLD_MS or KEY_REPEAT_MS (DF's Init), it will cause problems, no?

Edit:  I am using Vista.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:51:26 pm by Therapist »

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
  • Those eyes. Look into them and see your future.
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 12:36:26 pm »

I doubt there's supposed to be a pause.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2009, 02:39:41 pm »

I guess I spoke too soon when I said it was all working perfectly.

It still stalls after generation of the first world on my vista machine, when I said it was working I was on an XP machine.

During my lunch break I ran home and tested it on my vista computer and it was still stalling so to see if it was something with my install I copied the install from my vista computer to my thumbdrive and put it on my sons old XP box and it works there, and then tried it on my pc at work and it works here.  So there is a definite problem with vista, as nothing at all changed in the game folder between the 3 machines and it works great on XP and doesn't on vista.

Hopefully this feedback is helpful.  If you need more info let me know.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2009, 04:44:34 pm »

Yeah, the F9 bug is fixed around 75% of the time for me. But I still can't generate more than one world, after it's done searching whether it found a good spot or not it just stops working. Some times it gets stuck after world gen on the "Enter to continue, A to abort" screen

32bit Vista
Mayday Graphics set using this colour scheme. 40d11
Init:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Well then, F9 bug is 100% fixed. To anyone who still gets the F9 bug, make sure when DF starts you center the window so that it is not going off the screen anywhere before UltraFinder starts to do things. I guess it messes with the scans... This is really for anyone using Mayday or a large window.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:58:22 pm by Lamp »
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2009, 05:31:27 pm »

Can this tool find me an island?  You know, a map where all of the edges are water?

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2009, 05:54:07 pm »

Refuses to move beyond the end of the first world generation(Enter to continue, a to abort, p to export, just sits there every time).

XP SP2, Tablet edition.

DF version is 40d13.

F9 bug has only happened once but my init.txt was slightly different than it is right now from fiddling around with the spacing above the colors in the init.txt file after reading this thread.

This is my init.txt

UltraFinder_Init.txt

world_gen.txt (I know I am using a modified Large world gen.  Want to generate a few 2x2 forts in the same world, need options.)

Screenshot of the moment it hangs(example screenshot), taken by using the Alt+Print Screen method..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:04:32 pm by PencilinHand »

aklyatne

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of, well, spikes.
    • View Profile
    • Stumbleupon profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2009, 05:56:38 pm »

So far, I've gotten the farthest using 40d12 (All other versions I've tried have frozen at the f9 screen), but it still stops at the confirmation screen after world gen.  Vanilla 40d12 except for Orc mod, but that can't have anything to do it. 

Inits contained herein:
Don't even bother with trying to sp-
You have struck Alunite!
-ell my username.  Just type Ak or something.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2009, 09:03:38 pm »

The problems that people have been getting are caused by wrong lines of data being retrieved from the Dwarf Fortress init.txt. This basically means my program has been retrieving the wrong colour information, tile dimentions etc.

This new update forces the scan and retrieval of specific strings/variables and should counter those problems.

For those having trouble in Vista, this may not necessarily counter your problems as I have yet to test on that OS. Each OS has a different offset for the X and Y coords within your window space. This program runs the numbers to find these values, and I know this works on XP and Win7. Vista is not readily available to me and thus makes testing on that OS harder. Basically, if Vista is recieving the wrong offset values, the program scans the wrong portion of the screen and the loop doesn't break.

Again, my apologies for the inconveniences :'(
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

aklyatne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stumbleupon profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.5d FIXED) (W.I.P)
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2009, 09:13:32 pm »

Nope, sorry.  Still hangs at the confirmation screen with 2.5d - same init files.

FYI, I'm running Windows XP. 

EDIT:  And I just redownloaded 40d11.  Vanilla copy except for the init file.  No go; still hangs after first world gen.  If I change windows to a text box, it types the letter 'p', lowercase, immediately after changing the window.  In the DF window, that would "export image/info."  Odd but potentially helpful?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:28:43 pm by aklyatne »
You have struck Alunite!

Soldats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same problem generates one map then stops (used the 2.5d exe with the 2.5c init file i assume you didnt change anything)
Additional info

Im running xp (64bit)

Using a brand new 40d13 folder (with some minor tweaks to the init file)

DF Init file

:D

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com

Still the same thing mate.

I agree with Aklyatne, there's no need to apologize, you're doing a great job so far! I've always wanted something that would make generating worlds easier.
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea why this would be a problem, but - Aclyatne, I tried your init file and got stumped at that point too. Comparing it to one of my init files, nothing was out of place.

The only thing I could find was "[FPS:YES]" was different. And what do you know. Turning it to "[FPS:NO]" had it generating everything fine.

Soldats, I noticed you had FPS set to YES too, can you guys try turning it off for my verification? I'd greatly appreciate this.
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Soldats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

......... you have got to be f**king kidding me .....yea that worked for some ....reason

Its fixed thanks :D

Looks like another note to add to the readme [FPS=NO]

aklyatne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stumbleupon profile

Well, that was simple!  It works now!  I'll be leaving it on overnight to wake up to a wonderful new 4x4 world in DF :)

Great job so far; works perfectly as long as FPS is off.  Is it checking pixels in the upper-left corner to see when world gen is done?  If so, you might want to change that in a later version.
You have struck Alunite!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20