Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)  (Read 52882 times)

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.6c (Working) (W.I.P)
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2009, 05:04:57 pm »

Using the Mayday graphics set with 40D11

init as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It only broke after v2.6 came out, worked fine with 2.5d
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2009, 05:21:30 pm »

Alright, I have an idea of what it might be. Gotta rush off to work at the moment, but I'll see what I can do :)

EDIT: Yeah, I've got it, I'll just throw in another simple feature and call it a day :)

EDIT2: Or not... seems I might have hit a limitation with the current design of the program and shaded character sets. I'll look into it further, but there might not be a workable fix without redesigning the whole app... which isn't going to happen with my time as it is. We'll see how I go. So long as you can at least use this in one way or another, it can still serve its purpose. Cheers guys.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:12:58 am by GFXiNXS »
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2009, 02:12:15 pm »

Alright, I hope it isn't too much trouble to you :)

Also, some cool things would be scans to see if you're in a forest or a desert or by an ocean, instead of always ending up with mountains. Although you may have to devise some way to scan the map using that program, as the built in scanner seems to like mountains. A lot.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2009, 03:02:56 pm »

I think the reason the built in scanner likes mountains is because we tend to want features that usually can only be found at or near mountains.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.6c (Working) (W.I.P))
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2009, 10:14:50 am »

Yeah, well we are dwarves anyways, and dwarves tend to build in mountains. But even when searching for features that have nothing to do with mountains the scanner will still try it's best to fit some mountain in there.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2009, 11:52:06 am »

so what exactly does this do?

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2009, 12:08:36 pm »

Jaked, it's a script which automatically generates worlds and looks for sites that you want. If it can't find one it'll keep looking until it does or until you turn it off.

The only downside is that the DF window needs to be open and depending on what you tell it to look for it can take awhile.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finding Utility (W.I.P
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2009, 07:55:46 pm »

Hey all, I know it has been a while since I made any updates. Just letting you know this is still a work in progress. I have had little to no time as of late but I have manage to get a bit done here and there.

Because of the time since the last release I figured I'd put this out early. It is currently an experimental build and there are a few ends that aren't as polished as they could be. The previous version is included in the archive as a reserve if version 2.8 isn't working for you.

New features/bug fixes:

- Fixed a bug where only one world was generated (as opposed to nine) prior to clearing the region files. This was causing congestion and a waste of resources.

- You can now set a cap on the number of worlds genned by "Run Indefinately".

- Option to shutdown upon completion. "Force" will force all open applications to close.

- Option to take a screenshot of the embark site and place it in the UltraFinder Sites folder. This option is for "Run Indefinately" only.

- World gen information is now stored in the site found readout. This option is for "Run Indefinately" only.

I'd greatly appreciate any reports on problems people encounter. Your operating system, along with your Dwarf Fortress init.txt in spoiler tags should help me in resolving such issues.

Cheers guys :)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2009, 08:06:39 pm »

Might I suggest an option for the site to have world-gen locations (caves, towers, towns, etc.) and to have a minimum number of a certain creature (some elves in dark tower, a demon in a tower, cave without Kobolds, etc.)?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2009, 08:18:33 pm »

As of current, the way this program works is very primative. In its current state, something like that is likely out of reach without a complete rewrite as a lot of this program is based around the original finder.

Having said that, bringing up unit populations from the embark area is probably something I could do :) - I'll add it to the list.

Depending on the functionality of the next release (whether it would be necessary or not) I'll consider writing a more advanced search app. I know Toady has already recieved a lot of suggestions on his current find feature and the next release may very well make having an external program doing the hard yards obsolete.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2009, 12:33:46 am »

Ive been messing with this and finally got it to work (keypress delay of 650!). But for some reason when i watch it run, the finder is only allowed to run for like 4 seconds before Ultrafinder says, "Nope, nothing here," and rejects the world. Is this normal? And if it is, how does that work?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2009, 12:41:49 am »

If it's exiting prior to the finder finishing it's run, something is definately wrong. Would it be possible for you to post your Dwarf Fortress init.txt as well as the UltraFinder_Init.txt contents in spoiler tags?

Also, it's highly unusual for it to require a keypress delay of 650. What build of dwarf fortress are you using? Mayday? Vanilla?

Such details would be greatly appreciated. Cheers :)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2009, 01:12:31 am »

Init

Ultra_finder init

There you go, its a vanilla build of 40d13.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2009, 01:21:40 am »

Thanks for that. I'm at work at the moment so I can't do much in the way of testing, though I could suggest that you try changing the print mode to STANDARD. The reason I suggest this is that if your screen flickers *at all*, UltraFinder may register screen changes when it shouldn't.

If you have folders in your region directory, clear them out/back them up. Make sure this directory is empty prior to running.

Let me know if this works or not. If it doesn't I'll attempt to get on top of it as soon as I get home.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2009, 01:33:22 am »

Nope, still interrupts it at around 4 or 5 out of 129. I checked my save folder, nothing there.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20