Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: survival games  (Read 15522 times)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: survival games
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2009, 06:26:51 pm »

Right now, the best survival game I can think of is Space Station 13, seriously, try surviving on the station for longer then 2 hours without hiding in a locker...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2009, 08:38:38 pm »

Ok, am trying to download mods for Notrium, but when i open the folder i get a data, sound, and textures folders with a readme. the readme doesnt tell me where to put the other folders. and i cant find a Notrium folder either. Do i just drag them over the Play Notrium desktop link?
Since that would be an intuitive user interface, I'm pretty sure windows isn't that smart.

Rightclick the desktop link, go "properties" and then there should be an option to "find folder" or summat. I dont have windows in english, sadly.

The notrium page says "Copy the mod files to the main notrium directory"... So basically you overwrite the folders in the notrium dir.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2009, 09:57:12 pm »

i dont see anything such as a "find folder" or summat.

i even searched my entire computer and cant find Notriums sound/data/textures folder

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2009, 10:34:38 pm »

It's in Program Files.

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2009, 11:36:29 pm »

Well, I've played a survival game called Schiffbruch.  It's a pretty basic survival game, and not a lot of replay value either, I'm afraid.  I only played it a couple times.  But it's a decent coffee-break type game, and it'll run on almost any windows rig.  I'd like to recommend a better survival game, but I haven't played any others.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to fix that...  :)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2009, 11:41:01 pm »

Well, I've played a survival game called Schiffbruch.  It's a pretty basic survival game, and not a lot of replay value either, I'm afraid.  I only played it a couple times.  But it's a decent coffee-break type game, and it'll run on almost any windows rig.  I'd like to recommend a better survival game, but I haven't played any others.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to fix that...  :)
Ugh that game was horrible, I hated it. Just about everything you do is tedious, boring, and makes you feel empty inside when your done.

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2009, 11:53:16 pm »

Yeah, I realize it isn't really the best at all decent a game, but I kinda felt like contributing... somehow. >_>
I'm gonna try out Stranded II and Notrium, and see how those are.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2009, 11:59:51 pm »

Yeah, I realize it isn't really the best at all decent a game, but I kinda felt like contributing... somehow. >_>
I'm gonna try out Stranded II and Notrium, and see how those are.
Eh thats ok, I guess SOME people might like it. I myself dident like it at all though.

Anyway like I said before, anyone know any obscure survival game that doesnt take place on an island(and no aliens)?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2009, 03:31:50 am »

Anyway like I said before, anyone know any obscure survival game that doesnt take place on an island(and no aliens)?

I think I posted this in another topic.  It's worth suffering through the old-fashioned graphics and interface, because it's quite unique.  http://www.hotud.org/component/content/article/46-simulation/21029
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2009, 03:51:57 am »

i tried downloading it to give it a try but the link failed. where you download it?

I think I posted this in another topic.  It's worth suffering through the old-fashioned graphics and interface, because it's quite unique.  http://www.hotud.org/component/content/article/46-simulation/21029

does it have its own story line? or is it strictly survive and escape alive?

AND I STILL CANT GET THE NOTRIUM MOD!!!!! If someone who has done this before would please tell me excarlt what you did.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:59:39 am by Micro102 »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2009, 06:35:03 am »

All the links on HOTUD are broken.  The server hosting the files shut down.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2009, 07:00:16 am »

HOTUD works fine, I just downloaded the file.
It was probably just a temporary outage.
Unless you didn't know that HOTUD has been revived, in which case it's sad that you didn't check before posting.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:06:26 am by Rhodan »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2009, 08:07:34 am »

went to HOMTD and only link i could find that included a download was "offical site", which led me to this thing that required java which i had so it opened up this thing where i clicked on download and then a popup blocker came up, i turned off pop up blocker, and the window came up for a sec and then disappeared.......apparently the download doesnt work.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2009, 08:19:40 am »

When I click that link, I see a purple site with a cute doggie with a space helmet.
Beneath the description of the game, there's a link to "Wilder.zip".
Clicking it brings me to a "Your download will start in 5 secs..." page, which starts my download.  The linky on this page also works.

If you get a different site, check your PC for spyware and clear your cache.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2009, 08:22:17 am »

AND I STILL CANT GET THE NOTRIUM MOD!!!!! If someone who has done this before would please tell me excarlt what you did.
Go into you notrium folder. If you cant find the folder, then make a game folder and install all your games there!

Then go into data, and unpack the mod there. The mod is supposed to be in its own folder so dont take the stuff out.

It pretty much goes notrium>data>mod name>mods files

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11