Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: survival games  (Read 15512 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: survival games
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 02:06:24 pm »

Notrium would be so much awesomer if it didn't have constant siege by aliens.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 02:31:11 pm »

And ridiculous hunger problems.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 04:10:42 pm »

im fine with fighting aliens.....i have no trouble finding the plants to keep me going and have a food dispenser.....but those aliens at the swamp, which you cant eat after you kill them, with ranged stunning weapons.......thats just ridiculous.

also, how the heck do i get an accelerator for my pistol?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 08:24:55 pm »

im fine with fighting aliens.....i have no trouble finding the plants to keep me going and have a food dispenser.....but those aliens at the swamp, which you cant eat after you kill them, with ranged stunning weapons.......thats just ridiculous.

also, how the heck do i get an accelerator for my pistol?

The Notrium world map is randomized every time you start a game.

Code: [Select]
X
 X
 H
 X
XAX

H = Hive
A = Ancient ruins
X = Mining Area, Dried-up Marsh, Eden, Missile Base, Ship Cemetery
So, some games can be a little easier than others. You will find many useful items- including a particle accelerator-  in the ship cemetery. Getting there and setting up a base is a good first priority.

If you play the game on medium or hard and successfully dodge all of the missiles on the way into the planet, you will start with some extra items. These items are different for each race, but they are always very helpful. I don't remember what most of them are, but I remember that the human gets enviro armor, and a powered particle accelerator.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 08:43:42 pm »

ok after playing this game for a while im a little dissappointed....it turned into a race against time...since i already ate all the food in the spawn point i grabbed soem turrets and power armor and stormed that pile of aliens and sentrys in the middle of the ship graveyard. so i finnally got my food back up but i had to eat like...every single body and use up every medkit in my fight....the game would be truly fun if you had a constint source of food, regrowing mushrooms and plants, respawned enemies....but it just turned into "figure everything out before time runs out" with a few extra ways to die.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 09:03:17 pm »

ok after playing this game for a while im a little dissappointed....it turned into a race against time...since i already ate all the food in the spawn point i grabbed soem turrets and power armor and stormed that pile of aliens and sentrys in the middle of the ship graveyard. so i finnally got my food back up but i had to eat like...every single body and use up every medkit in my fight....the game would be truly fun if you had a constint source of food, regrowing mushrooms and plants, respawned enemies....but it just turned into "figure everything out before time runs out" with a few extra ways to die.

Like a food generator you mean?

There are food generators, and there are respawning enemies.

And if there are more things that you want, just mod them in. There are many mods already that do everything you said.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 09:04:58 pm by Vucar Fikodastesh »
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 09:06:06 pm »

Notrium is a "let's get the hell out of here!" type of game, more so with the Werivar mod (The snipers and those giant stealth aliens for one). But it is very well done.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 10:03:10 pm »

i could never find a specimen jar so no food gen, but i have an idea where i can get one now

tried the alien....how excatly does evolving work? so far the only way ive evolved is with the upgrades you get when not getting hit by the missles. i only gain evolution points when i kill those small blue aliens....the starting point obviously doesnt have enough of them so i went to this lava and alien filled area....which i never seem to be able to leave alive. but even after killing about 15 more small blue aliens i still havent gained another skill

and they said soemthing about keeping my hunger over 150 to evole but that doesnt seem to be doing anything.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 10:09:39 pm »

i could never find a specimen jar so no food gen, but i have an idea where i can get one now

tried the alien....how excatly does evolving work? so far the only way ive evolved is with the upgrades you get when not getting hit by the missles. i only gain evolution points when i kill those small blue aliens....the starting point obviously doesnt have enough of them so i went to this lava and alien filled area....which i never seem to be able to leave alive. but even after killing about 15 more small blue aliens i still havent gained another skill

and they said soemthing about keeping my hunger over 150 to evole but that doesnt seem to be doing anything.

Pay attention to the journal entries; Don't just skip past them. They should tell you what you need to keep leveling up.

You need to kill different kinds of aliens, one after another. I think, that to get your first level, you just need to keep your hunger above 150. Small blue aliens, Blue aliens, Brown aliens, and Reapers might be the next progression. I don't really remember; It's been years since I played the alien.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 10:18:50 pm »

This topic should be renamed to "Notorium."(spelling?)
----
That game is so hard. I can't seem to find anything besides rocks and fungus. =\

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 10:32:04 pm »

It's not THAT hard, if you look around the cabin you can find enough supplys to build a pistol or pebble shotgun usually.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 10:47:03 pm »

i read the journals, and they said that i needed to kill small blue aliens.....but the only places i can find them are the spawn point (in which i kill all of them not nearly finding enough) and that lava and aliens place....in which once i leave i have invisable super aliens attacking me. and even when killing every small blue alien i can find in there it still isnt enough....im guessing i have to go to 250 evolution points to advance. also the 150 for the first level thing i missed...i always dodge all the rockets so its automatic.

no i still want to know about more survival games, keep the name.

Jack_Bread, in the begining you get the parts for an item detector before you leave the house. press "Q" to toggle it, they will show up as red dots on the map if your close enough to them. Read the item descriptions to learn what makes what.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 12:03:43 am »

ok....another question

this time about those psychics.

from the starting point, i can go 1 west, one east, and 3 north...thats it. and i'm suppose to find these waterpools. i found one when i was a human but that map he was on isnt present in this one....so do i have to restart until i find the map with the pool?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 12:40:57 am »

ok....another question

this time about those psychics.

from the starting point, i can go 1 west, one east, and 3 north...thats it. and i'm suppose to find these waterpools. i found one when i was a human but that map he was on isnt present in this one....so do i have to restart until i find the map with the pool?

You will find the psionic water object in the ship graveyard. If you look at the map I made, you should see that all of the maps always spawn. You should be able to go north four times from the Ancient Ruins, not three times.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 12:51:16 am »

yeh i see it now....wonder why i got stuck at the alien hives edge before thx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11