Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: I have a fun game  (Read 10918 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have a fun game
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2009, 05:06:35 am »

I think this however is the exception.

I think they are extremely dangerous and volatile. It could be serious, especially when they get their hands on weapons.
It could be, but lets be honest here...

It only takes one person and even if they don't they're still dangerous.

Also, they do believe that they're going to hell too.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2009, 05:08:33 am »

So why don't they just enjoy sin filled lives?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2009, 05:19:13 am »

I guess they get pleasure from telling people that their lives will end with them going to hell and being tormented for eternity? I guess?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2009, 05:21:12 am »

Basically sadism?  Isn't there something about that in the bible?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2009, 03:48:24 pm »

You guys are taking this too seriosuly...

They're a bunch of people who think that everyone except them should die.  They are inciting serious hatred, and this often leads to homophobic assaults.  It is not a laughing matter, these people are seriously dangerous nutcases.

Hey! My parents were part of a cult! (And they completely agree with you.)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2009, 03:53:34 pm »

You guys are taking this too seriosuly...

They're a bunch of people who think that everyone except them should die.  They are inciting serious hatred, and this often leads to homophobic assaults.  It is not a laughing matter, these people are seriously dangerous nutcases.

Hey! My parents were part of a cult! (And they completely agree with you.)
Which is probably the reason why you are writing on these forums being reasonable and not out stoning the gays.

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:54 pm »

I guess they get pleasure from telling people that their lives will end with them going to hell and being tormented for eternity? I guess?

That would be how they get what Dale Carnegie calls "a feeling of importance." He considered it one of people's fundamental needs, much along the lines of sexual gratification and food/water.

I think it's more along the lines of "join us in telling people 'I told you so!'" than trying to do anything about it. It makes them feel important to be screaming what they consider to be the truth, even if that truth preaches that everyone is doomed no matter what.

EDIT: Also, I didn't watch the video, since I've seen what WBC believes plenty of times before. :) So, I guess I lose for not trying?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2009, 04:04:22 pm »

If you think the WBC is just funny, try this (warning: explicit language, and full of idiocy).

http://www.fstdt.com/

If you can read the top 100 without feeling either furious or terrified...

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2009, 04:05:20 pm »

They left it soon after I was born. The leader either went insane or went insane and died, I forget.

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2009, 04:14:37 pm »

If you think the WBC is just funny, try this (warning: explicit language, and full of idiocy).

http://www.fstdt.com/

If you can read the top 100 without feeling either furious or terrified...

It's like bash.org, except with more argh.

They left it soon after I was born. The leader either went insane or went insane and died, I forget.

Lucky you! :D Unlucky leader. But there's a silver lining behind every cloud, right?

Related note: I remember living in a cult. We lived in a building that was supposed to be an exact replica of Noah's Ark, except it was buried underground. It was supposed to be for "when the floods come back." I remember thinking it was awesome to be living in a great big boat, but I didn't understand what all that flood nonsense was about. Now, of course, I realize just how crazy/delusional these people were (the Bible itself says that God won't flood the world again), but back then I didn't really notice or care much.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2009, 04:47:57 pm »

They celebrate the death of pretty much anyone.  It's not a big jump from declaring that miners deserved to die just for not belonging to their church to actually performing "God's work".  By the way, I'm pretty sure they don't follow all the laws in Leviticus, in which case they're all going to hell with us.
Well they could do that, but come on...

You have to be fucking kidding me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2009, 06:24:26 pm »

They celebrate the death of pretty much anyone.  It's not a big jump from declaring that miners deserved to die just for not belonging to their church to actually performing "God's work".  By the way, I'm pretty sure they don't follow all the laws in Leviticus, in which case they're all going to hell with us.

Only you believe these people aren't dangerous. Seriously, they are.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2009, 07:21:41 pm »

Alright their a bit off putting, but dangerous? Cant they just be a bunch of assholes and leave it at that?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2009, 07:56:26 pm »

Alright their a bit off putting, but dangerous? Cant they just be a bunch of assholes and leave it at that?

Well, I don't want an argument. Sure! These people are assholes! I'll leave it at that.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2009, 08:00:40 pm »

The cult my parents were in was stashing guns for the zombiepocalypse. No really, they were.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11