Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: I have a fun game  (Read 10951 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have a fun game
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2009, 09:17:13 pm »

Do I see face in the middle finger?
I see Darth Vader with a Master Chief helmet.

Wut

Fine then, I see weegee. Your move.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2009, 09:19:47 pm »

i see elves.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2009, 12:15:27 am »

On topic,
Is there any reason that the guy in the back was waving a Canadian flag?
The guy in the back was waving a Canadian flag upside-down.  If I gather information from the video correctly, the WBC is against flags for some reason.  Waving a flag upside-down is disrespectful to that flag, and hence acceptable to the WBC.
Thanks for explaining that.  Perhaps they mistrust the "l".
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2009, 12:52:42 am »

As a non-religious evolutionist fine with gays scientific type person I was caught between laughing about how stupid they were and crying about how stupid they were.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2009, 03:53:07 am »

If there's one thing that makes me sad it's seeing atrocities of religion being justified.

Also trying to justify religion by all the "good" it's bringing.

Christian charities. Are their motived truly selfless and altruistic? Of some are. But only of the less religious ones. Their motive, is their own personal salvation. A place in heaven and not hell. They don't do it to better others. They do it to go to heaven. If some people are helped and "saved" along the way, why not?

Let me blunt here. I'm a liberal Atheist. But I'll fight for your (And my) right to believe in whatever the hell you (And I) want.

What I don't approve, is brainwashing and forcing of your beliefs on others. Especially your children and the children of others.

I'd link to a few videos of a guy calling himself "Fighting Atheist" on Youtube, (Because his videos are quite awesome. The username is quite misleading. Search for him if you want.) but I fear igniting a flame war.

This cult we're discussing is a prime example to atrocities of religion. The more severe ones.

Atheism is cited as a lack of belief. That may be true in the literal sense, but it's not in practice. What Atheists believe, is that there is no God/s. Take heed of this and don't twist it to your liking. We do not openly dismiss the existence of superior beings, divine spirits or even souls. We're waiting for science to tell us what to think about that. We just don't believe in God/s. Look up the definition of God. You'll see what I mean.

I'm sorry. It just makes me so angry seeing cults like this being taken seriously. It makes me lose more hope for humanity than you could imagine.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2009, 04:16:20 am »

CURSES my whole post was deleted and I had so much. (I found out my other computer had horrible problems with posting because the new internet explorer is garbage... ohh well)

Anyhow my points were in fast succession
-Heaven can only motivate you so far. A lot of people genuinly believe that they should act in a altruistic manner even if heaven didn't exist.
--Interestingly even without heaven people can do this with greed... Looking for the feeling that you helped others.
-Children arn't brainwashed so much as reered. Honestly can people stop saying that? You act as if they do something non-religious couples don't.
-Religion gets too much blame for the attrocities compared that they are simply used as an excuse for things that already exist. The real fault of Religion is that it didn't do enough to prevent the Attrocities not in causing them.
-Atheism is cited as a lack of belief oddly by other Athiests mostly because they want to seperate themselves from Religion. It likely works the other way as well but I don't get into conversations enough with the other side.
--My oppinion: Atheism is a Religion and most atheists do actually adhere by a moral code of some sort. Society itself also adheres to a philosophy that can easily take the place of a Religion anyhow so your doomed no matter what.

I dislike cults as well and I wish there was more legal power to stopping them.

Someone I knew went to a cult because it was associated with their work. They are alright nothing happened, though a lot of people who were drawn in had genuin problems.

Though I do say, I would be interesting in a study that spoke about Brainwashing techniques and their possible application for therapy. (though a lot of groups function a lot like that, such as AA)

The only part I find odd about "Religion is evil" based arguements is that it does sound a lot like there is an admittance that Religion itself is either an entity in it of itself or ultimately real. If only because they don't stand up under the context that Religion is fake.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:25:24 am by Neonivek »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2009, 04:51:34 am »

everyone should just convert to Pastafarianism

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2009, 07:56:30 am »

Ramen.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2009, 08:00:22 am »

Does Scooby Doo have a religion?

Ramen Raggy!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2009, 11:54:06 am »

Heh, i feel proud, they're singing about me! I'm noticed!

Interesting that, that they say to stop the sinning, then continue with God wont change his mind.... contradictory or what?

Also, i'd rather live on a fiery earth than have to listen to these guys. 

And i acctually shed a man tear at the end for that poor child. Braining washing televised. :'(
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:58:21 am by Nilocy »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2009, 12:04:22 pm »

huge wall of info

Point 1 is Pascal's Gambit. If you live like a god exists, and it does, you win. If you live like a god exists and it doesn't, you still look like an awesome person. If you don't, and it does, you suffer eternal punishment. If you don't and it doesn't, noone would ever know anyways.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2009, 01:59:18 pm »

huge wall of info

Point 1 is Pascal's Gambit. If you live like a god exists, and it does, you win. If you live like a god exists and it doesn't, you still look like an awesome person. If you don't, and it does, you suffer eternal punishment. If you don't and it doesn't, noone would ever know anyways.
Pascal's gamble is wrong though.  Imagine, after having lived a Christian life, that you are confronted with the monstrous figure a Baal, a god whose followers were persecuted by the followers of yours.  He'd be absolutely furious at you for believing in Yahweh, the Christian god, and would almost certainly send you to hell.  On the other hand, if you merely thought that he didn't exist, he wouldn't do much to you.

So actually the best thing to do is to just not associate yourself with any God, lest a vengeful God (much like the one described in the bible) exists, and it's not yours.

Oh, and if you thought that was stupid, just read this email the founder of a blog I read got.  Be warned: it contains explicit themes (mostly incest with some bestiality), extraordinary amounts of racism, pure idiocy and no line breaks.  Enjoy!

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/02/i_get_email_30.php

I don't think he gives Christians a bad name.  He's way beyond that.  He gives humanity a bad name.

EDIT: And that girl at the end needs to be taken straight into care.  Her parents clearly cannot raise her.  It's a malicious and spiteful act to instill that garbage in someone's head.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:07:26 pm by Leafsnail »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2009, 02:10:38 pm »

I wasn't refering to Pascal's Gambit in point one.

Anyhow Baal wouldn't care what religion you are in anyhow... The requirements to get into that version of heaven is purely physical if I remember correctly.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2009, 02:15:06 pm »

I wasn't refering to Pascal's Gambit in point one.

Anyhow Baal wouldn't care what religion you are in anyhow... The requirements to get into that version of heaven is purely physical if I remember correctly.
He'd still hate yah for worshipping Yahweh.  Anyway, it's just as likely that God will hate you for following a religion as God will love you for following one.  And the chances of either are small.  Very small.  Minutely small.  Infintessimally small.  So you may as well not waste your time with religion in the first place.

In fact, God could hate you for not being atheist, if he was some kind of materialist.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2009, 02:17:25 pm »

Well hate you or not he has no effect on your afterlife.

The summer you spent in Clown Camp does.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11