Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: I have a fun game  (Read 10943 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have a fun game
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2009, 08:15:24 pm »

I actually won.  Its just too ridiculous to not laugh at.

Is there any reason that the guy in the back was waving a Canadian flag?

Before someone pointed out it was disrespectful to wave it upside down, I assumed that he was just an idiot.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2009, 08:25:13 pm »

Do I see face in the middle finger?
I see Darth Vader with a Master Chief helmet.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 08:39:08 pm »

The Ironic aspect of this is that the people in this thread arn't acting any better then the people in the video. (I havn't watched it but I am assuming its content based on what people are saying)

No, that's sort of like hating Hitler. I mean, I know Christianity can be pretty (read: horrifically) bad at times, but at least the majority don't think everyone but them will burn in hell, at least most of them don't think gays are bad or things of that nature and at least damn near all of them would actually object if their church sanctioned gay bashing and actively promoted gay genocide.

EDIT: Godwin's law, again  ::)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2009, 08:45:42 pm »

No, that's sort of like hating Hitler

Alright fine sure it is like hating Hitler

And while we are at it, lets hate Pants because Hitler wore pants!

You know what? Lets also hate people related to Hitler they obviously are horrible people arn't they?

Using Hitler as an example is almost always in bad taste. (Mostly because it is used soo widely)

Note: The above is an arguement against using Hitler as an example. Not so much anything else.

The point is the topic view these people as horrible people but you treat them the same way you expect they would treat you. That is hypocracy and one of the two downfalls of the Tollerance.

If you find horrible people I know the urge is to immediately punch them up the side of the face, but is that really the world you want to live in? I'd rather a world where there are stupid horrible people out there who make a lot of noise and people simply chose not to listen.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:48:03 pm by Neonivek »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 08:47:46 pm »

No, that's sort of like hating Hitler

Alright fine sure it is like hating Hitler

And while we are at it, lets hate Pants because Hitler wore pants!

You know what? Lets also hate people related to Hitler they obviously are horrible people arn't they?

Using Hitler as an example is almost always in bad taste.

The point is the topic view these people as horrible people but you treat them the same way you expect they would treat you. That is hypocracy and one of the two downfalls of the Tollerance.

No, let's hate Hitler because he was anti -semitic, -homosexual, -disabled, -anyone who wasn't German. And the fact that he caused people to hate and kill an enormous amount of those people. Let's hate him because of that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2009, 08:52:53 pm »

he caused people to hate and kill an enormous amount of those people

I somehow doubt that to a certain extent. I know that historians like to rewrite things a little here and there but the Jews were generally hated everywhere to the extent that places that accepted them open heartedly were exceptions to the rule.

Let's hate him because of that

Ignoring the fact that I think Hatred should never be projected at a person but rather the actions.

This kinda goes beyond simple hate. This is acting upon the hatred. Worse it is justifying hatred.

It scares me that often it is the people who preach greater acceptance and understanding are also just as willing to beat dissenting oppinion. It is like true progress is impossible in this world and it makes me weep.

Though the Opposite is horrible in it of itself as well. (Tollerance is a Cardinal Virtue) Some people will accept and tollerate anything.

Ohh well the world is doomed and I don't know where I am supposed to stand.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:58:13 pm by Neonivek »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2009, 08:55:08 pm »

a few points.

this is a specific baptist chapter, my american friend is baptist, and was pretty cool, it was basically a normal christian designation, with a couple extra things tacked on, like no swearing at all (even darn for some reason).

these guys though, they are incredibly, incredibly bad, there was a documentary done on them a while ago, (probably only available in england, ill get you guys a link or a copy or something) and they teach people to believe that virtually any act is a sin.

im pretty sure that they said that if one of their number died, they were a horrible sinner and would ro for all eternity (this was said by a person using THEMSELF as an example).

you will need to see the documentary, brainwashing is bad, demonstrations at funerals is bad, lost of these guy's acts are baaaaaad.

i have NOTHING against religion, i HATE this sort of cult, however, as that is what it is.

a cult.

the children grow up believing the same things, too. this is the worst thing.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2009, 08:58:12 pm »

Eh. I still hate these people. Watch the video, please. These people are horrible people, the worst kind of people, people who support superiority over parts of the human race (everyone that isn't them), people that come to the graves of our soldiers, of our students, of everyone who they don't like just because their sexuality or ideas are different, and hurl abuse. I don't mind if you don't hate these people, this foul cult, by my God, I do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2009, 09:01:27 pm »

the children grow up believing the same things, too

This is normal for Children.

An Adult needs to be sleep deprived, Starving, and Psychologically assaulted to be Brainwashed

Children are naturally open to suggestion. (This is beneficial because it allows them to learn things quickly like language)

Can people please stop saying this like it is some sort of conspiracy. If the Children didn't grow up with similar beliefs as them it would be unusual.

Nevermind I retract what I just said in the sense that "And they will never go away because their children grow up with similar beliefs" can be taken from the statement and is a reasonable complaint.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:05:22 pm by Neonivek »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2009, 09:04:33 pm »

dude, i just dislike the way they are so openly Hostile to other groups.

its just not on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2009, 09:07:30 pm »

Yeah.

I think Ill leave this topic. I am not healthy to board cohesion :P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2009, 09:09:17 pm »

Yeah.

I think Ill leave this topic. I am not healthy to board cohesion :P

It's cool man, I don't think your wrong, it's just I have a different opinion. But I accept I may be a hypocrite for hating these people.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2009, 09:10:19 pm »

Yeah but I can't argue my points with the tact required.

It is the equivilant of trying to hit a Bullseye with a nuke. After you destroy the stadium you kinda realise it wasn't all that important.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:12:41 pm by Neonivek »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2009, 09:13:20 pm »

meh.

who needs tact when you have insistance.

i doubt itll be long untill the murders happen.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2009, 09:13:46 pm »

Do I see face in the middle finger?
I see Darth Vader with a Master Chief helmet.

Wut
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11