Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: I have a fun game  (Read 10914 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have a fun game
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 01:32:28 pm »

Darwin is rolling in his grave. Humans are the only species that decided to disobey the laws of evolution.
Been saying that for a long time. When people start to mate not with the most fitting partner but with the most economical/political succesful ones (and this success has NOTHING to do with health or intelligence) you introduce all kinds of problems.

Turns out a lot of people that are a lot smarter than me have also said that for a looong time now. Furthermore it turns out you have to be really careful what you say, you might get called a nazi rather quick  ::)

The bucket story, however... well, that could have been really bad luck, too. like falling from the ladder, headfirst into the bucket, which, for some reason didnt tip over, falling unconscious, and there you have it, instant drownage....

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 03:03:22 pm »

Th westboro baptist church had a few protests scheduled in the area around my college(one of them being at a highschool that had a Gay-Straight Alliance...? Fuck these people) around 5 days after I left. (by the way, their website (http://www.godhatesfags.com/) has a schedule of all of their protests)
I was seriously contemplating sticking around just to be angry at them, but it would've messed up my entire schedule... Next year...next year...

These are the most disgusting people I've ever heard of, even compare to Hitler, because if given the chance I believe they would perform far worse atrocities (not only murdering millions of homosexuals, but also 'gay sympathizers', soldiers and their families... Who the HELL protests at soldiers funerals? Sick bastards do.)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 03:13:33 pm »

I think i would just dress myself in the faggiest way possible without looking ridiculous and prance around ahppily with some friends to piss the shit out of them :o
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 05:59:32 pm »

If you feel angry about it, you lose. Go on, try it! Everyone loves a challenge!
I lost the game at around the 50 second mark.

I'd like to think that the video is an extended form of self-parody, mixed with intentionally inflammatory remarks in order to provoke actions toward creating a better, kinder world, even if in anger.

It would be interesting to engage with them in an honest discussion, but I cannot trust myself to not smack one of them upside the head.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 06:24:21 pm by Jualin »

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 06:12:13 pm »

It would be interesting to engage with them in an honest discussion, but I cannot trust myself to not smack one of them upside the head.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 06:17:37 pm »

The people in the vid might be idiots, and open about it, but christianity as a whole is not really all that better.
To be honest, Christianity has also done some good things. It provided ammo to the abolitionist movement, and Christian charities helped a lot of people. But when you have things like Spanish Inquisition on the other end, it's hard to argue that the scales are balanced.

But...
Spanish Inquisition is cool, though!

Also:

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Why? ???

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »

I guess it's because you cannot talk sense into somebody that is too dumb to understand that sense.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 06:55:17 pm »

Laughing mah frickin' arse off here.  Awesome video, awesome song (and thanks to Puck for pointing out the tune, I was trying to remember where I'd heard it before).

Idiots who are as gloriously bigoted and stupid as this seem like they were placed on the earth for me to laugh at.  Almost makes me believe in a higher power.

There were two things I found especially entertaining.  One was how they preached that the world was doomed, God hated everyone in it, and that there was nothing we could do to change his mind.  Somehow, they believe that this is a reason to stop sinning.  To me, it just makes it seem like "oh well, no chance at spiritual redemption.  May as well have some fun on my way out!".

The other thing was how the guy screamed "THE SIEGE IS COMING!".  Made me think of Half-Life 2 for some reason.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 07:18:31 pm »

I actually won.  Its just too ridiculous to not laugh at.

Is there any reason that the guy in the back was waving a Canadian flag?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 07:20:56 pm »

The Ironic aspect of this is that the people in this thread arn't acting any better then the people in the video. (I havn't watched it but I am assuming its content based on what people are saying)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 07:23:33 pm »

The Ironic aspect of this is that the people in this thread arn't acting any better then the people in the video. (I havn't watched it but I am assuming its content based on what people are saying)

Dude, WATCH IT.  Seriously, this stuff is priceless.  Almost as good as rainbow conspiracy lady.

And besides, you really should see what it is you're judging us by.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 07:49:53 pm »

Darwin is rolling in his grave. Humans are the only species that decided to disobey the laws of evolution.

On topic,
Is there any reason that the guy in the back was waving a Canadian flag?
The guy in the back was waving a Canadian flag upside-down.  If I gather information from the video correctly, the WBC is against flags for some reason.  Waving a flag upside-down is disrespectful to that flag, and hence acceptable to the WBC.

As to Neonivek's opinion, I do consider myself somewhat better than those WBC people, though I know I really shouldn't; I've got my own biases which I am fully aware of, and am ashamed of those biases.  The WBC people actively hate those who disagree with them.  I, on the other hand, only feel pity towards them.  They're wallowing in ignorance and hatred, unaware of the greater things in life.  Not to mention they're a group that is hated neigh-universally by all others.  How would you like to be hated by all your neighbors?  You would have to develop some sort of superiority complex in order to deal with it, which these people obviously have.  I feel that they would be so much better off if they would cease their mad claims, and the world would probably be better off too.  However, I also feel that free speech is more important than their well-being, and therefore can't say it would be a good idea to shut them down.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2009, 07:54:48 pm »

I hate most religion in general. The way children are brainwashed just sickens me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 07:57:17 pm »

I hate most religion in general. The way children are brainwashed just sickens me.

All Child Reering in general is brainwashing. Mostly due to how children develop.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 07:58:25 pm »

???

All Child Reering in general is brainwashing. Mostly due to how children develop.

This.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11