Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: I have a fun game  (Read 10871 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have a fun game
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:48:36 am »

Watch this video

http://www.phillyd.tv/2009/07/01/westboro-baptist-church-the-song/

If you feel angry about it, you lose. Go on, try it! Everyone loves a challenge!

People like this make me ashamed to be Christian. People have done a lot of horrific things in the name of Christianity but I have always thought that as long as I simply believed in God and tried to do good in this world, I'd be okay. Now? I don't know if that'll help, as long as humanity is associated with these vile maggots.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: I have a fun game
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:05:50 am »

Holy crap! They believe that fog and mist burns people? What kind of Hel are they talking about?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:07:11 am »

The one they are actively trying to create?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:15:07 am »

They didn't just rip off "We are the world" did they?

But seriously, christianity, no matter which "subform" is so fucked up, its not even funny anymore. I could go on for hours and hours complaining about the contradictions, stupidities and cruelties.

You know "what would jesus do?"

I bet he would facepalm over all those sheeple....

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:15:36 am »

And what kind of vikings are they? Ragnarok is a battle, not a siege!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 09:19:20 am »

They didn't just rip off "We are the world" did they?

But seriously, christianity, no matter which "subform" is so fucked up, its not even funny anymore. I could go on for hours and hours complaining about the contradictions, stupidities and cruelties.

You know "what would jesus do?"

I bet he would facepalm over all those sheeple....

I don't bother about what others believe. They can believe whatever they want and for all I know they could be right, but I won't bash their religion, or lack of it. Anyway, that's not what this thread is about. This is about the epic fail these people have managed when it comes to being human.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 09:20:57 am »

They can believe whatever they want
I dont agree when that stuff is THAT harmful.

edit: or wait, the problem aint actually the believing part - but the friggin teaching part.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:22:49 am by Puck »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 09:21:41 am »

Wait, they hate people for being born in a country? How the RAGNAROK does that make any sense?

Oh yeah. You're alive before you're born and living people make choices.  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 09:23:35 am »

They can believe whatever they want
I dont agree when that stuff is THAT harmful.
Man, I just realized what a massive double negative I pulled. Let me rephrase that. As long as the said religion, or lack of it, is not harmful or horrifically bigoted (check one and two for the people in the video) I'm not bothered by it.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 09:27:31 am »

As long as the said religion, or lack of it, is not harmful or horrifically bigoted
And you can seriously tell me with a straight face, all those variations of christianity dont fit into that description?

As I said, I wont bother with all the examples, but let me just give you the most innocent of them all: the story with jonas and the whale... if that isnt fucked up beyond description (and harmful), I dont know what is. And its only a friggin story! I havent even touched the actions! Just words!

I was raised christian, and boy was I glad to bail out as soon as I could....

edit:I'm still trying to get rid of the crap they tried to brainwash us with, and I'm pretty sure I'm becoming a better person because of it.

What I want to say, probably, is ... you know, the log/splinter thingy. The people in the vid might be idiots, and open about it, but christianity as a whole is not really all that better. While, for instance, the catholic church might try to ... "accept" homosexuals, a lot of priests still would love to burn them (and I mean literally), while at the same time getting a boner over young boys. And there are much worse things going on, still.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:33:37 am by Puck »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 09:30:49 am »

As long as the said religion, or lack of it, is not harmful or horrifically bigoted
And you can seriously tell me with a straight face, all those variations of christianity dont fit into that description?

As I said, I wont bother with all the examples, but let me just give you the most innocent of them all: the story with jonas and the whale... if that isnt fucked up beyond description (and harmful), I dont know what is. And its only a friggin story! I havent even touched the actions! Just words!

I was raised christian, and boy was I glad to bail out as soon as I could....

This is true and I do have a lot of doubts about my faith. Eventually, I just went 'fuck it', put a condom on and went back to just being a good person. I still believe in God, just I don't think Gays are bad or any ridiculous crap like that. To be honest, I'd ask that we stop this debate right now, because I'm not going to argue about this. I'd rather we all banded together for a big FUCK YOU at these assholes that think everyone in the world will burn in hell and actually wrote a song about it.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 09:34:07 am »

Damn straight!

edit: I just wish I never heard about this religion stuff. I would love to see whether or not I would have been able to develop compassion and humility and whatnot without being indoctrinated with the fear of god as a little kid.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:35:57 am by Puck »

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 09:38:27 am »

Damn straight!

edit: I just wish I never heard about this religion stuff. I would love to see whether or not I would have been able to develop compassion and humility and whatnot without being indoctrinated with the fear of god as a little kid.

NO!

YOU CAN'T! YOU WILL LONG FOR GOD! YOU WILL BECOME AGNOSTIC!

THAT'S WHY YOU JOIN US! THE ORGANIZED RELIGION! BECAUSE GOD SAID IT SO!

(No, I really believe it)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 09:41:15 am »

Cool? I'd like to get this thread back on topic, by directing this at the baptists who made the video.

What's really funny is that I can use that picture because it's relevant. I love it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 09:42:43 am »

The scary(scariest) part was the little kid at the end.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11