Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: personal engravings  (Read 4009 times)

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
Re: personal engravings
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 01:19:09 am »

I just now thought of a feature that would be kinda neat. Suppose if you had an unskilled engraver, every one of his engravings would be a standard name and then "Engraved on the wall is an unintelligible scribbling by Urist McSuckyengraver."

Just an idea.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 06:44:56 am »

I think unskilled engravers already stick to simple shapes and such.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 08:27:55 am »

Yeah, all I really want to be able to engrave a tomb after the owner is placed in it, and have the images be of him

Jamuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 11:32:13 am »

I think just having 2 modes for engraving would be helpful, having an artistic engraving and a historic engraving.  The historic engraving scours the legends for the things that happened nearby, or are related to something in the area.  Then it picks one at random, allowing you to make a large tomb set off from the fortress, and the only thing that would be recognized by the historic engraving are the people who you buried there.  It also limits user control over the process, making you figure out how to use it properly yourself.
Pages: 1 2 [3]