Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Unusual Artifacts  (Read 8856 times)

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual Artifacts
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2009, 06:46:40 am »

i got one of my first Recursives today.

funny how it mentions itself 3 times while it was just made =P
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:48:35 am by Adultratedhydra »
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2009, 06:53:53 am »

The more valuable an artifact is, the more likely it is to be mentioned and referenced by other things (engravings, artifacts etc.)

Being an artifact Aluminium Statue; the most expensive non-fun metal in the game, it's worth a metric butt-ton of dwarf-dollars (nearly 2 million, nice) so expect to see it referenced alot.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2009, 06:57:47 am »

dstarted in a rather nice spot. its a small amount of mountains sorrounded by land. got HFS and 2 chasms, sand and flux too. lots of hematite and malachite. afew veins of gold and the adamantite starts only a couple of Z-levels down from the surface. it would be perfect if it had magma.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2009, 07:54:07 am »

The more valuable an artifact is, the more likely it is to be mentioned and referenced by other things (engravings, artifacts etc.)

Being an artifact Aluminium Statue; the most expensive non-fun metal in the game, it's worth a metric butt-ton of dwarf-dollars (nearly 2 million, nice) so expect to see it referenced alot.

I think you miscounted the digits there - that statue is only worth about two hundred thousand, not two million.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:46 am »

If you want 2 million dwarfbucks then you need to make some armor or use the HIDDEN FUN STUFF*
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2009, 09:48:45 pm »

I have turtle shell gauntlet created by some kid.

No way, me too! Right or left?

I had an Engraver who was engraving pictures of my Mayor being surrounded by, rats i think (a vermin he hated) and being terrified of the vermin all over the fortress. Every second engraving was one of these.

I once got a bauxite bed called the Alter of Pain or something... It had spikes made of 3 different kinds of stone and two kinds of bone, was encrusted with gems, and I think it had an image of my previous mayor (who went insane and had to be struck down) being struck down by the guy who would be elected NEXT mayor. This was started just before the election and finished after it.

Now it would be REALLY weird if the bed had the picture BEFORE it really happened, then the prophecy turned out to be true.

Slaves to Armok, God of Blood
CHAPTER 3: THE TWILIGHT ZONE
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2009, 09:51:03 pm »

I think you miscounted the digits there - that statue is only worth about two hundred thousand, not two million.

Actually i mistyped; i read two-hundred thousand, i wrote 2 million for some reason.

Saber Cherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:58 pm »

My strangest artifact is a sock.  I mean, seriously, if you wear an artifact sock, you'll just look stupid because your socks are mismatched...  unless it is hidden by a boot, so nobody can see it at all!  But even then, one foot will be so incredibly light and comfortable that it will walk faster than the other foot, and you'll go in circles.  There is nothing useful I can do with it (except maybe put it on a soldier with a circular patrol).

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2009, 02:08:44 am »

To update on my previous post (yes I know I could edit it, but I just feel like making a new post), the coffin is called Unteacher, strange name, yet it's somehow appropriate.

The turtle bone mace I mentioned earlier has native aluminum (from a native aluminum block I got from deconstructing on some traders :P ), alunite, more turtle bone, cave spider silk, more turtle bone, rings of yellow zircron and green tourmaline and finally, an engraving of the foundation of the fort in turtle bone.

The obsidian grate I mentioned earlier is called 'The Slivers of Song', which is a pretty good name IMO.
That vaguely reminds me of this:
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Base/1406/jewel/19.html

Somehow I picture royalty using it to scold servants (by rapping them on the head with it).

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2009, 02:11:09 am »

To update on my previous post (yes I know I could edit it, but I just feel like making a new post), the coffin is called Unteacher, strange name, yet it's somehow appropriate.

The turtle bone mace I mentioned earlier has native aluminum (from a native aluminum block I got from deconstructing on some traders :P ), alunite, more turtle bone, cave spider silk, more turtle bone, rings of yellow zircron and green tourmaline and finally, an engraving of the foundation of the fort in turtle bone.

The obsidian grate I mentioned earlier is called 'The Slivers of Song', which is a pretty good name IMO.

Somehow I picture royalty using it to scold servants (by rapping them on the head with it).

That is the pimpest of pimp sticks, you don't want to soil it by letting it touch the dirty peasants. You have wooden sticks for rapping peasants on heads.

That pimp stick is for rapping nobles on heads.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2009, 06:11:35 am »

That is the pimpest of pimp sticks, you don't want to soil it by letting it touch the dirty peasants. You have wooden sticks for rapping peasants on heads.

Which one? The one I mentioned or that jewel encrusted thing which was owned by an Arab Sultan or something? It does look pretty damn cool though.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2009, 06:14:11 am »

Which one? The one I mentioned or that jewel encrusted thing which was owned by an Arab Sultan or something? It does look pretty damn cool though.

The Jewel encrusted mace.

The turtle bone mace is sufficiently pimp to be used to rap nobles on the head, but not quite so pimp that you wouldn't want to soil it by rapping peasants on the head.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2009, 07:34:30 am »

Yea, in some societies, peasants would be forbidden to even glance at that jewel encrusted mace, on threat of death or some other horrible punishment.

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2009, 10:00:19 am »

Right gauntlet. I can check the description once i get home.
It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2009, 10:47:27 am »

Right gauntlet. I can check the description once i get home.

It would be nice if these people got Legendary skill in Armor or Weapon Smithing when they make artifact armour & weapons instead of Bone Carving or Stone Carving etc.
I have more Legendary Craftsdwarves than I need but I had to train my Legendary Armor and Weapon Smiths myself =(
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8