Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Unusual Artifacts  (Read 8889 times)

Snarker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual Artifacts
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2009, 09:45:45 pm »

I think that this dwarf had some.... rather odd fetishes.

A thong that menaces with spikes of cave lobster leather and is banded with silver.

Yeah, sexy.

FYI, in this case thong != underwear.  It's a narrow strip of leather.

msngae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 07:33:39 am »

Gem Setter gets mood. Gem Setter claims workshop. Gem Setter creates...
"Tomemgim, "Grouptwists", a Tsavorite coffin" ???

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 07:39:31 am »

FYI, in this case thong != underwear.  It's a narrow strip of leather.
Well, it's an undergarment for the lower body, same as loincloths and braies.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 12:04:32 pm »

Gem Setter gets mood. Gem Setter claims workshop. Gem Setter creates...
"Tomemgim, "Grouptwists", a Tsavorite coffin" ???
Sounds like you'll have to watch out when zombie dwarf babies (a Zombinfantsplosion) pour out of that thing. I mean, if it's made for more than one dwarf (and I mean more than one), and used; and the deceased become zombies, well...

That sounds fun and awesome actually. ;D

Karpatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 02:41:29 am »

For some reason my last three artifacts have engraved on them the following image:

On the item is an image of Kivish Plankrouts the dwarf in *material*. Kivish Plankrouts is traveling. The artwork relates to the flight of the dwarf Kivish Plankrouts into the Mountains of Satin in the early spring of 201.

A catapult? A hot-air balloon? Oh wait, those run out of fuel ( booze ) as soon as they get off the ground... Carried by a giant eagle? Giant drawbridge? Into the mountain... a dwarf missile...?
Karpatius cancels Eat: thirsty.
Karpatius cancels Drink: no water source.
Karpatius cancels Drink: no water source.
Karpatius has died of thirst.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 03:05:24 am »

Or it's about a dwarf from a previous fortress running for the hills after you abandoned.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 05:54:58 am »

to the guy who said the material does not matter with artifact weapons - it does. it does a lot.

the artifact bonus damage is added to whatever the original material damage is. so a wooden artifact weapon is not even as good as a base level adamantium one.

anyways, best strange artifacts for me was an aluminium spear. that was my first every artifact in DF ever.

the next year i got my second artifact. it was a cave spider silk thong with a picture of the aluminium spear on the front. it menaced with spikes of goblin bone.

ive also gotten several turtle bone chains menacing with spikes of iron and gemstones. and a turtle shell animal trap. that trap was so great that when i put it in my chasm to get purring maggots it somehow managed to catch turtles.

i got an iron toy hammer with a picture of its creator being tormented by large roaches. which was amusing.

i also managed to make a well which had an artifact adamantium bucket, artifact raw adamantium mechanism, and artifact adamantium chain. i remember feeling sad that you could not get artifact bricks as i constructed it in my main dining hall with an adamantium block.

i have several special workshops with super valuable materials nearby, and when a dwarf gets into a mood i forbid all my other workshops except those ones, and unlock the super valuable materials stockpiles. that way i now allways get carp leather or giant scorpion chitin stuff studded with star saphire and green diamond, with hanging rings of platinum. its nice.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 06:23:46 am »

The thing is though, with the way the game is atm anything above Steel is generally supreme overkill; Artifact Steel weaponry is far better than Artifact Wood weaponry,but the latter will still slaughter everything, the former will just overkill more.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 09:42:16 pm »

Self referential Quern

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 12:39:23 am »

To update on my previous post (yes I know I could edit it, but I just feel like making a new post), the coffin is called Unteacher, strange name, yet it's somehow appropriate.

what was it made of?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 08:13:52 am »

To update on my previous post (yes I know I could edit it, but I just feel like making a new post), the coffin is called Unteacher, strange name, yet it's somehow appropriate.

what was it made of?

Obsidian I think. It was a rock coffin of some sort.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 06:40:28 pm »

to the guy who said the material does not matter with artifact weapons - it does. it does a lot.

the artifact bonus damage is added to whatever the original material damage is

(Where are you getting this?  Would you care to explain what you think you mean by "artifact bonus damage", please?  (Because it ain't from anything I've ever seen.)

If you have any hard evidence to back this up (i.e., not just "casual observation", but something from the game code or files), it will be the first this community has presented publicly.

Afaik, no one said "it didn't matter" - they (I included) said "we just don't know if it adds, or how".)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 06:55:47 pm »

i also managed to make a well which had an artifact adamantium bucket, artifact raw adamantium mechanism, and artifact adamantium chain.
Urist Dwarfson cancels Admire Well: Head Explosion
Urist Dwarfson was struck down.

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 06:57:58 pm »

I got an Artifact magnetite floodgate the other day.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 09:27:25 pm »

Mine would be Nirrithar Umomebal, Landtrammel the Dark Reverence, a horse leather long skirt which (among other decorations) menaces with spikes of horse leather. How do you make spikes of horse leather that do anything but flop?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8