Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Unusual Artifacts  (Read 8873 times)

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual Artifacts
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 10:56:43 pm »

a smith made an Aluminum anvil. it currently contains about 1/4 of my fortresses wealth
All right then!
Time to trick the dwarves into making a cat bone anvil encircled with bands of Elf soap.

i once got a raw adamantine blowgun  >:( could of been platemail at least worts bit was it was a possed mood! nxt month elves invaded and a pesky kobold stole it during the fight
I fear for the adventurer who eventually meets that kobold.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 10:21:40 am »

I just got probably the cheapest artifact... ever. A turtle bone leggings with spikes of turtle shell, and in fact made with only one turtle shell. It's valued at 3,000... Hell, a masterwork turtle shell leggings decorated with some high value items would be worth alot more.

It was a possession though, so it's not a massive deal as I already have two legendary bonecarvers (both from moods).

Edit: Okay maybe not THE cheapest artifact according to the wiki, but the cheapest by far in this current fort. The next cheapest artifact I have is a guppy bone ring at 6,000 and it actually has true decorations.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:25:09 am by smjjames »

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 10:35:01 am »

I've gotten a Cat Bone Coffin in a previous fort and in my current fort I have a Gossinite Armor stand. Gossinite is a gem incase you didn't know.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 06:02:35 pm »

I've gotten a Cat Bone Coffin in a previous fort and in my current fort I have a Gossinite Armor stand. Gossinite is a gem incase you didn't know.
That must have taken an awful lot of gems and cat bones...
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 06:29:31 pm »

No mention of Planepacked yet?

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 06:52:41 pm »

One of my personal favorites is Ananakrel, or Nightrare, a piece of...ice wolf leather armor.

Since I got it from a possession, I presume that the dwarf who made it was having one really bad nightmare, and woke up after finishing it.

It also has a picture of me accidentally unleashing a demon in that same fort LONG before I was ready. Thank god Armok for built walls.

Other artifacts in the fort include a green glass scepter, a horse bone pick (being used in a weapon trap) and the customary "weaponsmith gets fey mood, makes weapon out of adamantine" battleaxe.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 08:39:49 pm »

That must have taken an awful lot of gems and cat bones...
Nope, the Armor stand took only two gems and I can't remember the coffin perfectly but I don't think it took much ether.

To all: Has there every been a legendary Obsidian Sword? Or is it even possible?
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 08:43:29 pm »

Possible? Sure.  Would only take a dwarf whose highest skill is stone crafting, and whose preferences cover obsidian and short swords, and no "crowns/sceptres/goblets/etc".  Rare, but certainly possible.

No mention of Planepacked yet?

(Why mention an obvious glitch?)  :-\

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 01:34:15 am »

I got a box made out of some cheap gem... it was like 4000 DB.
Another time I got a Cat Leather Sock... inlaid with turtle shell.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 01:37:35 am »

It may be a glitch, but it is an officially sanctioned glitch.

Planepacked just won this thread.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 01:43:40 am »

I just recently got a basalt quern made which is called Tabarenas, The Faithful Doctrines;

On it is an image of two chestnuts.

A little bit of innuendo mayhaps?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:46:32 am by Itnetlolor »

AshrothTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 04:55:27 am »

I see that and counter with
Ulingbidok, The Crazed Act, a muskox leather toga.
Just encircled with bands of muskox leather, sadly.

SwiftAusterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 09:53:28 am »

I've got the best name I think I've ever gotten so far, for the most mundane crappy artifact:

"Rawforest the Null Tragic Sandals", a Copper battle axe (menaces with Spikes of copper only)

and: Veliedclobbered, a Chestnut cup, which also menaces with spikes of its parent material >.>

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 11:47:45 am »

Worth 2400? those are the most worthless artifacts.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 03:11:33 pm »

I think that this dwarf had some.... rather odd fetishes.

A thong that menaces with spikes of cave lobster leather and is banded with silver.

Yeah, sexy.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8