Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Unusual Artifacts  (Read 8877 times)

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual Artifacts
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 02:23:17 pm »

A bone mace? What did he have to do to make a bone mace? Did he get legendary persuader for that?

"You guys, I made an artifact!"

"Dude, that's a cow bone"

"No no no, it's a weapon. See?"
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:07 pm »

(Ask about glass weapons.)

Pig iron bed is the oddest I've had (which is not very, admittedly).

The material an artifact weapon is made of doesn't matter much when it comes to deadlyness,

You know this for a fact? What are you basing this bold statement off of?  Because I've never seen or heard anything to support this (except the concept of "overkill").  :-\

i once got a raw adamantine blowgun  >:( could of been platemail at least

No, it couldn't "of".  ( ::))

Your dwarf was a weaponsmith, not an armorsmith. 

nxt month elves invaded and a pesky kobold stole it during the fight

no comment. (which is a comment, admittedly)

a smith made an Aluminum anvil.

ka'ching.  What was that - about .5M?  (more if it was complex).

piesquared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 02:30:51 pm »

I don't have the fort anymore, but I got a ruby bucket once.  No images, spikes, bands, decoration... just a bucket made out of a single ruby.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 02:37:21 pm »

a smith made an Aluminum anvil. it currently contains about 1/4 of my fortresses wealth

528k, and it took only 1 bar of aluminum. then i get human sieges and goblin ambushes right after that., now my fortress is a cursed deathtrap
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 02:40:22 pm »

The material an artifact weapon is made of doesn't matter much when it comes to deadlyness,

You know this for a fact? What are you basing this bold statement off of?  Because I've never seen or heard anything to support this (except the concept of "overkill").  :-\

It probably depends on your definition of "doesn't matter much".  Yes, an artifact weapon made out of something like silver or zinc is going to be much less effective than one made out of iron, steel, or adamantine.  However, when you're talking about the difference between killing something instantly vs. killing something five times as instantly, well...yeah.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 02:45:32 pm »

A bone mace? What did he have to do to make a bone mace? Did he get legendary persuader for that?

"You guys, I made an artifact!"

"Dude, that's a cow bone"

"No no no, it's a weapon. See?"

Yea I know, a mace is just a glorified club. So far, it's the most valuable artifact in this fort. I have invasions turned off, so..... heh.

I believe it was origionally a peasant who I had made a hauler, when the dwarf made that artifact, I upgraded him to craftsworker.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 03:12:21 pm »

oops my bad about the platemail thn lol but THE most wierd artifact i ever had was a catbone armorstand :S cant rember name or description lmao but it was worth about 6000 dwarfbucks
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 06:28:26 pm »

I have 2 artifact thongs. One of leopard leather(worth 46 800) and one of giant cave spider silk(Worth 103 800).
-Spiked- thongs, weighed down with rocks, gems, and all the other things dwarves grab.

Just imagine, a big, burly dwarf tucking his beard into a leopard leather thong and making pelvis thrusts in your direction. Sexy, no?
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

NTheGreat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 07:09:09 pm »

The oddest artifact I had I posted a while back, although I've no idea where the topic is now. It was an iron bed with spikes and rings all over it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dread to think what was going though that dwarfs mind as he made that.

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 07:19:24 pm »

First artifact of a fort: Nidost Obur, the Ferocity of Heroes, a toad bone millstone.
"This is a toad bone millstone. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Kunzite."
Value: 25200.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 07:21:31 pm »

i got an obsidian bed with an obsidian picture of pig tail cloth on it, first hint that dwarves use sheets.
 maybe... or a clever trap...

regardless it was only worth 5800 dwarfbucks
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 07:28:00 pm »

First artifact of a fort: Nidost Obur, the Ferocity of Heroes, a toad bone millstone.
"This is a toad bone millstone. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Kunzite."

How did you get toad bones (aside from giant toads)? The normal toads are vermin in my game.

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 07:39:44 pm »

I think it was a glitch.
Cause the dwarf picked up native silver, and a kunzite (cut).
In a mason's shop.
I was very confused.
Especially sense it is only got a decoration of kunzite (not even toad bone. . .)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 08:45:02 pm »

How did you get toad bones (aside from giant toads)? The normal toads are vermin in my game.

Giant toad, maybe?
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 08:50:09 pm »

No, quite sure its toad bone.

Quite the toad bone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8