Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 112135 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life (The Phoenix Opening: Signups Open)
« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2009, 04:32:17 pm »

P.S. There are rumors of being able to smelt Tame Bears/Elves/Wizards by modifying the Raws. Maybe if not Pets, do you think that that would permit Single/Cooperative Matches, with gladiators pitted against monsters or beasts for skill increases if nothing else? Could be entertaining, and it would provide some variety every once in a while!

P.P.S. I'm working on a list of Weapons and Armor, with Weights and Modifiers explained, so those who aren't well-versed in Raws can plan equipment accordingly.

Dwarves vs. Beasts in fun matches were brought up before and it's a possibility. There are always wild animals outside the city that I can turn into anything. If this were to happen it would be when there isn't as much going on. Lots of people need more fights, new championships need to be added and the Champion is still fairly unskilled and low ranked.

I actually have a list of every piece of armour and weapon arranged by calculated damage/block and price. I haven't posted it because then everyone would be an expert and take the advantage from those who took the time to plan carefully. I consider this as part of the challenge so I'd prefer that you keep it for your own use.

Can Nanothnir challange any other first degree ---------- yet??? Or are we still waiting for something...Any first degree's up for the challange???
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  written using a psp

You may. I have things planned but it only applies to the 2nd Degree dwarves+. 8 more dwarves will be 1st Degree warriors after the Unskilled preliminary matches, so you could also wait and see if you'd want to fight any of those.

No test fights, but i'd doubt shields have that effect.

So when do I get a chance to bring honor back to my dwarven name?

There are 16 Unskilled dwarves right now, that means 8 preliminary matches (not commentated) which will give us a total of 12 dwarves at your rank. Then it will be your chance to shine.

So, am I on the list?

Your dwarf is in.

There's lots to do here and elsewhere, so if you will bear with me new matches won't be for a while.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Phoenix Opening: FINALS]
« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2009, 07:00:17 pm »

So can we get a general estimate of the time to the next match? The last time someone decided to put a delay between matches in a similar premised thread, the thread was abandoned. I'd really prefer not having that happen again.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2009, 10:34:55 pm »

I'd rather not give any estimates. I warned of delays between each round of the tournament and I came through, I usually do when it's something i'm looking forward to and i'm looking forward to breezing through over a dozen fights without commentary (it was getting harded to make things different for each match). What thread has something similar to this?

Onto something else entirely:

Interview with the Champ

Actual interview with Thunderclan

Rith: Hello i'm Rith Rithdur and i'm here with the winner of The Phoenix Opening, Fireheart. So how does it feel to be the first Champion and Swordsdwarf Champion of Ineth Soloz? What are your thoughts about the tournament?

Fireheart: I honestly never believed that I would be the one to claim the Championship. Every fight I won was a test of my skills and even one false move could have ended the Opening very differently.

Rith: Tell us about your match with Rysith. Did you think that you had a chance of winning going into it? Do you have anything you want to say to Rysith?

Fireheart: After three fights against strong Warriors I felt I had a good chance of victory as long as I remained wary and anticipated my opponents attacks.
To Rysith I say that he is every bit my equal in skill and that I eagerly await the challenge he will present to me.

Rith: What have been your thoughts on this type of full combat training?

Fireheart: This style of training is far superior to that which Soldiers would recieve. Instead of practicing with Dwarves you know until they can't easily hurt each other you're thrust right into fights that mean death to the loser. It prevents us from getting to confident in ourselves.

Rith: You are schedualed for your first title defense against the winner of Rysith and whomever attains a 3rd Degree rank next. Do you have any guesses on who that might be, and if they have what it takes to defeat Rysith?

Fireheart: At the moment it is impossible to say who among those newly arrived or those who were eliminated earlier may have a chance against Rysith. Once the next round of matches begin we will all have a clearer idea of how these Dwarves will fight.

Rith: One last question, do you have any advice for your fellow warriors in training?

Fireheart: I do indeed. The big thing to remember is that if you want to get to Rysith and myself that all your equipment is useless without careful planning. Watch the other fights, know who you'll be fighting and spend your funds wisely.

Rith: Thank you for your time Fireheart, I look forward to seeing you again in the arena.

Fireheart: Thank you Rith, I'll be watching these upcoming matches with great interest.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 03, 2009, 10:35:53 pm »

Interview with Rysith

Actual interview with Rysith

Stakud: I'm sorry about the loss Rysith, I know it must be hard to have gotten so far only to come in second. What went wrong in the fight? Is there anything you could have done better?

Rysith: The match was really decided when I lost my balance. My advantage was speed, and that doesn't do much good if you're on the ground.

Stakud: What are your thoughts on Fireheart? Do you think he deserves to be the Champion?

Rysith: Absolutely. He fought well to get to the finals, he fought well in the finals, and I'm sure that he'll continue to fight well now that he's champion. He'd better, I don't want our rematch to be a disappointment.

Stakud: You know I just love it when you slice and dice your opponents, what is your favourite body part to cut off?

Rysith: That's a tough one. The head is the obvious choice: It makes a nice finisher and hey, it's a bit hard to keep fighting once that's gone. But if you focus just on the head, you'll end up not connecting more often than not, and taking an arm or leg off will seal the fight anyway. So the real answer is "the one that my opponent left open".

Stakud: You may have lost to Fireheart in the finals, but you are guaranteed a spot in the next number one contenders bout to fight him again. We don't know who your opponent will be, but do you have any guesses? You know a fresh group of warriors have just arrived and every one of them will be fighting for this spot in addition to everyone else.

Rysith: Of the new arrivals, I'd have to say my money's on Kesham Stakudomer. He's got what I consider the crucial ingredients to come out on top, especially if he can get that spear in somewhere important. I'm not sure how he'll stack up with the fighters from the first round, but he's definitely a dwarf to watch.

Stakud: Should you win the number one contenders match, what can we expect from you in Fireheart vs. Rysith 2?

Rysith: The same thing you got this time: lots of swords, blood, fast moves, and flying limbs. Hopefully it'll be Fireheart's limbs this time, though, haha.

Stakud: Thank you for your time Rysith and goodluck in the future.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life
« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2009, 04:30:33 am »

Ignore this
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:38:39 am by RavingManiac »
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 04, 2009, 07:16:58 am »

ok so am I now on the list?
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 04, 2009, 09:58:12 am »

Nice bit of fluff there, makes me more impatient for the real fights!  :P
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2009, 10:33:08 am »

Name: Toram
Edited. On DF though, when you put an order down to make a gauntlet, you usually get two of them...

Weapon: Bronze Shortsword (S)

Armour:
2 Copper Gauntlets (S)
Iron Shield (S)
Copper Cap (S)
Copper Helm (-)

Fighting style/mindset: He is insane. He likes to cut off limbs and toy with them. Eye-gouging is quite fun aswell.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:00:41 pm by Jervous »

damug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life (The Phoenix Opening: Signups Open)
« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:51 am »

So when do I get a chance to bring honor back to my dwarven name?

There are 16 Unskilled dwarves right now, that means 8 preliminary matches (not commentated) which will give us a total of 12 dwarves at your rank. Then it will be your chance to shine.

I can't wait, Toonyman, I'm coming for you!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2009, 11:05:07 am »

Iron is a little lighter than Copper, and is 1/3 more effective (100% vs. 66%). As I understand it, that means that a "Basic Iron Shield" (x1.0 quality bonus) is just about on par with an "≡Exceptional Copper Shield≡" (x1.8 quality bonus).

Hey, and if not, at least Kadol will be a bit lighter on her feet! I am eager to see how she does in the primaries!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2009, 03:34:47 pm »

I'm just waitin' 'till this gets started again.  I'll be able to fight new faces with a rank 1 degree!   ;D

And win!

Or lose.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2009, 12:55:14 am »

:D

As great as that is, it's actualy bad. I only have limited recruits and what recruits I do have there's only one I can use, the rest have too much experience and would screw up attribute gains. I'm in need of new recruits somehow.

If no dwarves die in the coming season will they not be scared of migrating the next time? What about breeding warriors? I have 3 married couples, if I remove the child and baby tags will they be born as adults?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 05, 2009, 01:07:46 am »

You need at least the child tags, because they won't have children if you don't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 05, 2009, 01:41:59 am »

Quote from: DF Wiki
[BABY:#] Age at which a baby becomes a child. Without this tag, all creatures born will skip the baby stage and be children upon birth.
[CHILD:#] Age at which a child becomes an adult.
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] Makes litters with more than one offspring rare.

I believe if you removed the [BABY] Tag, and replaced the CHILD tag with [CHILD:0], dwarves would skip the baby phase, and instantly be born as adults. Also, if you took away [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] You may get up to 4 new ones at a time.

Anyway, how many dwarves are there total? I would suggest you mod the Raws, and then breed dwarves together for a year or so. I think that giving a slew of male and female dwarves no jobs for a few seasons and forcing them to be sociable would allow them to pick out partners and hopefully commence with forming babbys.

Alternatively, you may be able to do it through a bit of Flag Switching and Raw modding; create a smelter reaction to Smelt Dwarves. They will come out as Tame/Vermin Dwarves, but if you remove the Tame/Vermin flag from them, and perhaps change them to something else and then back to Dwarves again, they should be controllable. This would be experimental though, and I don't know the exact text for the Smelter Reaction to smelt living things.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 05, 2009, 08:51:36 am »

you can only smelt vermin. Any creatures you smelt will be vermin.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36