Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 109969 times)

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [Preliminary fights: The 1st Degree's]
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2009, 06:03:12 pm »

I will consume.

In fact, could I get naked again, that was fun.
Take off all of my armour except my shield and helm plz.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [Preliminary fights: The 1st Degree's]
« Reply #466 on: August 21, 2009, 06:14:25 pm »

Number Two Contender’s Bout, Match 30

Kesham Machinegreen
vs.
Nichaey Gearedwarm

Rith: Welcome once again, I’m Rith Rithdur.

Stakud: And I’m still Stakud Oslannicat.

Rith: Since the finals of The Phoenix Opening we have seen fourteen bloody preliminary matches with some faces old and new. We’re here to bring you the best of both worlds in search for the next contender of Firehearts’ Championship.

Stakud: That’s right, the administrators here at Ineth Soloz have critiqued the eight dwarves who qualify for this number two contender’s match and these two have stood out from the rest. The first, now entering the arena is a new addition to the ranks of these warriors in training. With deadly precision he and his spear have attained a 2nd Degree rank with relative ease. I present to you Kesham Machinegreen!

Spoiler: Kesham (click to show/hide)

Rith: Lets talk a bit about the matches that led Kesham to this point. His first fight was against Geshud Deathlord, whom you might remember was knocked out in The Phoenix Opening in Round One. This is where Kesham’s dominance was first revealed and caught everyone’s attention. Deathlord never even got a chance to react as Kesham delivered a piercing blow to his left hand, causing him to bleed out until he died. It was the fastest match in the history of this arena.

Stakud: Kesham repeated this odd way of ending a fight against fellow newcomer Ravus Maniacus. Like in his match against Deathlord Kesham started the fight by jamming that spear into his left hand. Unlike Deathlord, Ravus kept his composure and successfully fought back despite having a spear lodged in his hand. Kesham stayed on him however and soon his opponent took the path of Deathlord.

Rith: It’s truly terrifying how Kesham is able to finish his opponents so quickly. It’s for these reasons that he’s in this match-up. For Kesham’s opponent, the reasons speak for themselves. His only loss was to the future champion and is as eager to prove that he deserved to be in the finals with Fireheart as he is wanting a second chance to become Champion. He is the one and only Nichaey Gearedwarm!

Spoiler: Nichaey (click to show/hide)

Rith: It wasn’t until Firehearts match with Nichaey in the Semi-finals of The Phoenix Opening that we saw his potential. Nichaey had just come off a tremendous victory over Urist McUrist, one of the favourites of the tournament and many wondered if anything could stop him. Fireheart did, and ever since Fireheart defeated Rysith in the finals people have been wondering whether his match against Nichaey was the true tournament final.

Stakud: Both of these dwarves have something to prove, but only one will get that chance. Will Kesham continue his dominating performance and make Rysiths post-final prediction come true, or will Nichaey get that second chance at glory? We’re only moments away from finding out.

Rith: Both combatants have taken their positions and are looking eager for the match to begin. The signal is given and this number two contenders match is underway! Both dwarves take off with a running start. Kesham lines up his spear, no doubt trying for an attack to Nichaeys left hand. Kesham thrusts his spear but Nichaey nimbly jumps away, the first dwarf ever to evade that dreaded first attack. Nichaeys battleaxe comes swinging around but Kesham quickly gets that shield up in time. Here comes Kesham again with a charge, the shot is blocked and he collides with Nichaey. He must be a pretty solid dwarf because Kesham bounced right off him!

Stakud: Yeah I hear that Nichaey has been hitting the iron lately, those battleaxes are pretty heavy and it takes a lot of strength to get that thing moving.

Rith: Kesham tries for another thrust of the spear but fails to get through the shield of Nichaey. These high quality shields have been a popular choice and when you got two dwarves using them it can be difficult finding an opening.

Stakud: Many dwarves have resorted to tactics like this; with a bull rush Nichaey sends Kesham sprawling to the ground! While Kesham scrambles to get to his feet Nichaey winds up for a powerful blow and he connects! Nichaey catches Kesham in the lower body, sending him sailing through the air before landing ten feet away with a sickening crack!  This fight isn’t over yet but Kesham is badly hurt, I don’t know if he can get up of if he is even conscious right now.

Rith: Well he’s still moving, but he has got to be in a lot of pain right now. Nichaey starts towards his downed opponent, he doesn’t seem to be in much of a hurry. Nichaey brings his axe down up upon Keshams weapon hand as a precaution measure.

Stakud: That hand is pretty messed up, I think he lost a finger there but Nichaey doesn’t seem satisfied as he goes for another attack. It’s a good clean stroke this time as the hand is sliced clean off!

Rith: Like a dwarf possessed Nichaey goes to work hacking at Kesham’s arms and legs, this is just brutality for the sake of brutality at this point. And this match is over! With a hefty swing Nichaey cleaves Kesham’s body in two, his upper and lower body are now several feet apart.

Stakud: Keshams undefeated streak is cut short as Nichaey gets his second chance! Not being able to get through Nichaeys defenses and deliver one of his deadly spear thrusts, Nichaey takes the victory with ease to earn the rank of 3rd Degree Axedwarf! Wonder no more about how the finals would go down had places been exchanged as Nichaey earns the right to fight Rysith in a number one contenders match. Both have a 3-1 fight record and both of their loses have been to the Champion Fireheart.

Rith: Who will get their chance to avenge their only loss? You’ll have to wait and see as there are some more preliminary matches to come. Many of them are on their last chance to prove their worth so stick around, some may not step foot in the arena of the Phoenix Amphitheater again.

To see a video of the fight click here.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [#2 Contenders Fight, page 32]
« Reply #467 on: August 21, 2009, 06:43:48 pm »

Nice fight.

I'm still rooting Rystih.  The only dwarf to defeat me.  :-(

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 21, 2009, 08:18:44 pm »

I'm 2-0 for the polls :D

Go Fireheart!!! :P

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 21, 2009, 09:34:29 pm »

I can see I really got my money's worth with those gauntlets.  ::)

Well fought, Nichaey. I knew our similar equipment choices would make this a hard battle, but that was one of the biggest reasons I wanted the fight. Let's do this again sometime.  :)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 21, 2009, 11:44:15 pm »

To be fair, you were on the ground with a broken body  ;)

I will be doing a little bit of tweaking to how the 3-loss rule works. For one, a win doesn't reset your 3-loss count, it only decreases it by 1. Two, Unskilled dwarves will have a 2-loss rule as opposed to a 3-loss rule starting with any new dwarves (doesn't apply to all current dwarves). To be honest, if you lose your first two matches then odds are you're not going to go far.

I can't imagine this has been fun for the four people whose dwarves were here from the tournament and still haven't won so hopefully these changes will help to not have that happen again.

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 22, 2009, 12:53:55 am »

To be fair, you were on the ground with a broken body  ;)

True, and it did take two hits to sever each hand with an exceptional axe. I think this proves that your damage nerf has succeeded in making armor actually matter.

damug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 22, 2009, 05:24:07 pm »

oh god, I'm getting kicked out =/

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2009, 07:30:13 pm »

Preliminary Fights: Unskilled

Match 31
Damug “The Berserker” Wounddune
vs.
Samus Humortrade

Spoiler: Damug (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Samus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Battle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ending (click to show/hide)

Match 32
Olon “Workerdrone” Ironglove
vs.
Kol “The Lion” Ironaxe

Spoiler: Olon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kol (click to show/hide)

Match 33
Necksnapper Roughnessair
vs.
Toram Threeiron

Spoiler: Necksnapper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toram (click to show/hide)

Match 34
Geshud Deathlord
vs.
Kadol “The Bloody Ruby” Palehearth

Spoiler: Geshud (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kadol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:36:46 pm by BloodBeard »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 22, 2009, 07:37:38 pm »

What did the old guys do wrong?  I mean the guys that lost 3 times?  Was it too much armor?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2009, 07:47:24 pm »

Encumbering armour and weak weapons. Moreso the weak weapons I think, it takes too many hits to inflict serious wounds and end up being killed before they get that chance.

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [More Unskilled Preliminaries]
« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2009, 10:27:44 pm »

Ah sweet!

Name: "The Wight"
Weapon: ≡Copper Mace≡ (300☼)
Armour: ≡Copper Shield≡ (150☼)
Fighting style/mindset: Shriek like a banshee and batter the opponent into submission while they are stunned with fear and revulsion.

Coffer: 50☼

damug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 23, 2009, 12:55:48 am »

I guess I'll throw my name back in the fray.

this next time I'm using a + bronze axe and a regular copper buckler and cap damnit.

damug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 23, 2009, 12:58:11 am »

wait, i demand a rematch! i asked for all my gear but my weapon, shield and shirt be removed for my next fight!
I think my problem is that I'm too weighted down.  Can I like take off all my armor but my shirt and cap for my next match?

Sure.

Actually I remembered my performance in the first round and my expert shield usage.  Ditch the cap and use the shield instead, I don't need my noggin for anything anyways.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 23, 2009, 03:52:02 am »

Yay, I lost my second match. At least it wwas cool :)
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36