Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 112102 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life
« Reply #345 on: August 05, 2009, 09:03:35 am »

:D

As great as that is, it's actualy bad. I only have limited recruits and what recruits I do have there's only one I can use, the rest have too much experience and would screw up attribute gains. I'm in need of new recruits somehow.

If no dwarves die in the coming season will they not be scared of migrating the next time? What about breeding warriors? I have 3 married couples, if I remove the child and baby tags will they be born as adults?

2 easy choices:
-Savescum
-Use DC to turn Goblins into dwarves (just turn off invader, change the race to dwarf, and set them to your civilization number)

Just save before attempting the goblin option as it tends to crash the game half the time.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:27 pm »

2 easy choices:
-Savescum
-Use DC to turn Goblins into dwarves (just turn off invader, change the race to dwarf, and set them to your civilization number)

Just save before attempting the goblin option as it tends to crash the game half the time.

There are all sorts of unknown problems that could arise from race changing creatures, Solifuge's mention of multiple births really got to me. I'd be able to set the birthrate to something really high and within 1 or 2 quick years i'd have all the recruits I need. It shouldn't take too long.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2009, 01:29:02 pm »

Maybe also turn on [NO_EMOTION] for dwarves then.  I imagine having a parent's children fight to the death would cause tantrums rather quickly.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2009, 12:31:59 pm »

Would'nt that cause dwarves not to become enraged?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2009, 01:44:47 pm »

Yes, but does it matter? Rage does nothing to change a battle, as far as I can tell, besides making them easier to hit.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2009, 04:21:52 pm »

Being enraged actually does a lot more, The biggest effect being dealing increased damage.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2009, 09:29:13 pm »

In the 15 matches of the tournament and the ironblood vs. morul matches I think the dwarf to become enraged was biblet in match 1. I don't think it would take out an important aspect to fights and there's still martial trances.

I'm going with two options, waiting for one of my lady dwarves to give birth to 20 bouncing baby dwarves and at the same time being a goodie goodie overlord and donating craploads to caravans.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2009, 09:39:42 pm »

I'd really like to see if we can keep the [Emotion] in the dwarves. Rage and all that is part of the combat system, and is as equally valid of a random factor as any combat roll.

Besides, with access to divine food and drinks, bedrooms like personal palaces, hall upon hall of legendary marble statues, and numerous chances to take joy in slaughter, I don't think that we need fear tantrum spirals. If any dwarf starts to show signs of problem-level unhappyness, it can always be evaluated at a later date. Or any civilian tantrummer without the wondrous facilities the Gladiators have, can always be caged, pitted against the Champion in an Execution Match, be killed off, and then born anew in the Phoenix Chamber. If it happens to be a Fighter who tantrums, the same could be done... it might make for a fun character subplot!

P.S. I wonder if [Emotional] Dwarves that repeatedly face each other in the arena will eventually start holding grudges. Rivalry, anyone?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:42:09 pm by Solifuge »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2009, 10:05:58 pm »

No dwarves have recieved the "has taken joy in slaughter" messages actually. The lowest I've seen any of them get is about 80 with most being 100-110. The least happy claimed dwarves are at 125 happiness now, and Fireheart is the happiest at 193 (that's what you get for never sustaining any injuries).

Family members getting killed are pretty hard on them though. Do dwarves get angry if their siblings are killed? I don't think any amount of masterful furniture would appease them if they do. Mourning parents I can deal with, siblings would be the problem.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 06, 2009, 10:14:06 pm »

According to the wiki, losing a child/sibling/parent/lover/friend is somewhere between -10 and -50 to happiness.

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Thought#The_mechanics_of_thoughts

Also, does [NOEMOTION] really disable enraged?  I thought that was related to injuries.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:22 am »

My goodie goodie overlordness has paid off!

Those must be some damn crazy dwarves to come here, you dwarves from the tournament might want to watch your backs.

Out of the 20+ migrants i've recruited 14 who A) Have no previous combat skills and B) Have no family ties. That should do for now.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2009, 07:59:48 pm »

You should make a breeding chamber for some of the dwarves. Much like a meat industry/mermaid bone collecting industry but with dwarf babies as the results instead of food/high value decorations.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2009, 11:14:09 pm »

Quite the list on page 1...

Dwarves have been baptized by fire, given identitys and armed. Unless something unexpected comes up, 4-8 preliminary fights between Unskilled dwarves should be posted Sunday. The only thing i'll be posting for each fight is screenshots of the start, end and the combat logs so i'm hoping they won't take long. Think of videos and commentaries as things your dwarf must earn.

The only unskilled battle that was requested was Barbaros vs. Necksnapper. If you have any others feel free to post them.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:15:50 pm by BloodBeard »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 09, 2009, 01:05:34 am »

Bah, i'm eager to get a a battle in. I know Barbaros will be fighting Necksnapper so here it is.

Preliminary Fights: Unskilled

Match 16
Barbaros “The Destroyer” Sealtalked
vs.
Necksnapper Roughnessair

Spoiler: Barbaros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necksnapper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Battle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ending (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [Preliminary fights: The Unskilled]
« Reply #359 on: August 09, 2009, 01:47:02 am »

I challange Barbaros...
Spear against Spear...
I wearing Armour while he holds the stronger Spear...
Who will win???

(Hopefully me...)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36