Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 109973 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [Special: Ironblood vs. Morul]
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2009, 03:46:03 pm »

Cool. Still waiting for that fight. I'm desperate to get in after the old coliseum thread died last Christmas.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2009, 07:36:05 am »

Rysith is in the lead! Yay!
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2009, 12:17:47 pm »

Yeah, change my vote to Rysith. I didn't put two and two together when I saw the name.

So that's 8-14. Will the results be similar in the match? I don't know, maybe if it's ever posted!  :P
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2009, 01:27:02 pm »

Don't you know?  Whoever wins in the vote is rigged to win in the fight!  The majority must be happy.  HAHAHHAHA.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2009, 01:50:52 pm »

Shut up, you remind me of my friend Steven. Even the picture. It's weird, get away from me!

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2009, 04:10:16 pm »

The Phoenix Opening: Finals, Match 15

Fireheart Covenguilds
vs.
Rysith Sunnytorch

Rith: Sixteen, that’s how many dwarves started in The Phoenix Opening. One by one they were knocked out and now only two remain. Forty percent of the tournaments competitors were defeated at the blades of these two warriors, and they did it without receiving a scratch. There will be no more vying for spots in the next round, we are at the finals and this fight will be for all the marbles. The Championship title declaring him the most skilled warrior in Ineth Soloz, the Swordsdwarf Championship declaring him the most skilled swordsdwarf in Ineth Soloz, and of course the bragging rights of being the first tournament winner.

Stakud: We’ve seen these two warriors mature as they rose through the ranks to the point where almost nothing can stop them. By the end of today that will remain true for one of them. Here comes one now! To the standing ovation of this jam packed Amphitheater, it’s the slayer of Biblet, the assassin of Diego, the butcherer of Nichaey, it can only be the 3rd Degree Swordsdwarf Fireheart Covenguilds!

Spoiler: Fireheart (click to show/hide)

Rith: It’s been a custom almost for Fireheart to be introduced first in every round and this one is no different. There were some questions going around about Firehearts seemingly easy path through the tournament, but those doubts were put to rest when he defeated the comeback dwarf Nichaey in spectacular fashion. Firehearts record is truly flawless, 3 wins with no losses and has yet to be hit by a single attack. Firehearts prowess has earned him the right to fight for this dual championship and is said to be in perfect condition for this bout.

Stakud: One look at his weaponry and armour and you know Fireheart is all about quality, but there’s one thing missing. Body armour! It’s amazing that this decision to fight without body armour has gotten him this far and I’ve got to question his choice to splurge on those exceptional gauntlets over one of the most important pieces of equipment a warrior can have.

Rith: Well we have seen many dwarves lose due to the loss of their weapon or shield after a strike to their hand, so he could be attempting to protect himself against that fate. On the other hand severe damage to the arms result in the same fate and gauntlets don’t protect against that. Either way he is going to have to be careful here, all it will take is one well aimed hit to the body and it could spell the end for Fireheart.

Stakud: No doubt that is what his opponent will be aiming for; speaking of whom, here is our other finalist! He’s a five-time limb dismemberer and also a 3rd Degree Swordsdwarf, he’s Rysith!

Spoiler: Rysith (click to show/hide)

Rith: Boy oh boy do we have a dwarf carver on our hands here. Rysith, like Fireheart is undefeated at three wins with no losses and has never left any of his opponents in one piece. First Remalle, then that spectacular severing of ToonyMan that sent an arm into the 3rd level stands, and then that massacre of Vulcar that left her in four pieces. Rysith is truly a terrifying opponent to fight against, but his record isn’t quite as perfect as Firehearts. Although his chain mail protected him from any injury, Vulcar was able to land a single strike before being chopped into dwarf sushi. A most minor of details, but a detail I’m sure Rysith would like to do without when fighting someone like Fireheart.

Stakud: Now Rysith’s choice of equipment, there aren’t a lot of weak spots left open and it could be tough for Fireheart to land a good solid hit. That chain mail provides the most chest protection then any we have seen, excluding that ridiculously heavy plate mail Diego has.

Rith: It’s good armour, but it isn’t impenetrable. These swords they are using have been known to slice through chain mail like they were butter. It doesn’t take any skill to put on a piece of armour, but to bypass it is a skill that both of these dwarves have shown. I’m not going to say who I think has the edge here, because I honestly don’t know. Both have proven to be skilled warriors and neither have been challenged to this extent before.

Stakud: Can I do the final intro thing? You always get to do it.

Rith: *sighes* Go ahead.

Stakud: It’s the finals of The Phoenix Opening! Fireheart vs. Rysith, Swordsdwarf vs. Swordsdwarf, Streak vs. Streak, Slicer vs. Dicer-

Rith: Oh for Armok’s sake just get to the point.

Stakud: I was about to… It’s the dual championship match, LET THE BLOOD FLOW!

Rith: …and the signal is given! This fight is underway and both warriors take off in a sprint towards each other. With Rysith’s training being focus on speed he is a little bit faster then Fireheart, but Fireheart has been doing some training of his own through endurance so he should be able to take more punishment. Rysith goes for the first strike with his sword and Fireheart blocks! Fireheart follows up with a quick attack, which is blocked before colliding with Rysith and knocking him over. On the ground Rysith attempts to sweep Fireheart off his feet but his gets his shield down just in time. Fireheart gets a slice across Rysith’s lower body but the fine chain mail holds up. He goes for the leg this time and that leg is gone!

Stakud: Wow! Just moments into this Championship match and Fireheart manages to successfully sever Rysith’s lower right leg!

Rith: Not necessarily a scream but sounds of pain are definitely coming from Rysith. He goes for the other leg this time and nearly slices it off as well. That looked to be the limit of what Rysith can take as his head slumps to the side, unconscious.

Stakud: Standing over him Fireheart hacks at Rysith’s head with a sickening crack, a devastating wound but not a fatal one. Back and forth he sweeps his sword across Rysith’s limp body as the blood pool around him grows. Finishing what he had done earlier Fireheart slices Rysith left leg clean off, sending it flying for several feet. Rysith’s lower body is a complete mess as Fireheart raises his sword into the air to the crowd. Chants of “Kill! Kill! Kill!” ring out.

Rith: It does look like this is coming to an end here. Fireheart turns to Rysith’s bleeding body with his sword still raised. He brings it down and separates Rysith lower body from the rest of him! We have our Champion! The Amphitheater erupts with cheers and dwarves are piling into the arena! Trumpets sound and a victorious Fireheart is carried up in celebration, it’s madness here as Fireheart Covenguilds defeats Rysith Sunnytorch to become the first Champion of Ineth Soloz! What an amazing display of swordsdwarfship as Fireheart wins his toughest match to date with complete ease.

Stakud: I don’t think it was coincidence that Fireheart was the first warrior to enter this arena. Right from the start of this tournament Fireheart set the standard for fighting ability and to this moment has kept it up without missing a beat.

Rith: This celebration is not letting up as Fireheart is being carried around the arena and will probably go on into the night. I can’t even see Rysith’s body, hopefully the pieces will be picked up soon as his accomplishments in this tournament shan’t be overlooked. This isn’t the end for him yet, in placing second here he has earned the right to fight the next dwarf to attain a 3rd Degree rank for the opportunity to fight Fireheart in his first title defense.

Stakud: I can’t wait to see that. There’s going to be a whole new group of dwarves coming here and the competition is going to be fierce. This tournament was nothing in comparison to what we will be seeing in the coming weeks.

Rith: And we’ll still be here to bring you all the action. This is Rith Rithdur.

Stakud: And I’m Stakud Oslannicat, saying goodbye from the Phoenix Amphitheater in beautiful Ineth Soloz, until next time.

To see a video of the fight click here.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions Room (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:28:52 pm by BloodBeard »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2009, 04:10:40 pm »

The Phoenix Opening is now over, that means sign-ups can resume! There are 9 spots open, that would give us 24 warriors. Any people requesting a dwarf after that will be put on a waiting list (just need to ask to be put on the waiting list, details on your dwarf will come later). Should someone request their dwarf to be removed, be removed through inactivity or fall victim to the 3-loss rule then spots will open. When a spot open’s I’ll pm the first person on the waiting list and they can post their dwarf. If they don’t respond within say a week then I’ll move on to the next person.

Note that I’ll be looking to make more weapontype championships. Swordsdwarf might seem like a winning choice but right now that would be the most difficult championship to attain. Since war-hammers and maces basically identical and it not being likely that there will be a lot of macedwarves, they will be combined into a Hammer/Macedwarf Championship. These championship titles can only be fought for between 3rd Degree dwarves or above and must be between two dwarves of the same weapontype.

After signups/my break there will be a massive amount of fights between Unskilled dwarves. Afterwards there will be fights between the dwarves that win plus the existing 1st Degree dwarves. If sign-ups max out and everyone keeps up with their equipment changing then we’ll be looking at eight 2nd Degree dwarves, of whom two will be chosen to fight. The winner of that fights Rysith and the winner of that fights Fireheart. Are you with me so far? Anyways, that’s what I have going in my head, but it could change.

Sign-ups are OPEN.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Phoenix Opening: FINALS]
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2009, 04:15:31 pm »

ZVARRI!  The truth has been revealed, I must fight EVERYONE HAHAHAHAHAH.

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2009, 05:10:57 pm »

I'd like to apply for a dwarf.

Name: Urist McHammerdwarf
Weapon: exceptional copper warhammer
Armor:
copper shield
well crafted copper chainmail
well crafted copper cap
Fighting style: Whack them untill they die.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2009, 05:14:59 pm »

I do suppose I would like to snag one of these spots (Character forthcoming). I love the design of the arena, and a chance to pit Dwarf versus Dwarf is always nice!

As something that occurred to me, have you considered including pets (perhaps even Hunting or War-Trained) as something your combatant could purchase? Also, does Dwarf Companion allow you to tweak flags regarding unit ownership on Goblin Siegers or Elven Merchants, or perhaps alter the Race of a unit? If so, may we see Human, Goblin, or Elven competitors in future matches? (I for one am imagining a Longsword-Wielding Elf raised by Dwarves, with a Wolf companion making for an interesting combatant!)

Also Also, I would second that a relative increase in armor quality, while maintaining weapon quality levels, would serve to make the arena fights more cinematic, and last a bit longer!

EDIT: I notice no Leather Armor availability. I assume this was intentional, and know that Leather (50% Defense) is only slightly inferior to Copper (66%), but leather can be a viable part of a Gladiator's equipment. It can be layered underneath Chain-class armors, and can also provide a cheeper alternative to Copper for new warriors, providing inferior, but lightweight coverage over a larger area of the body.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:43:50 pm by Solifuge »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2009, 05:26:44 pm »

Labs would like a spot.

Name:Labs
Weapon:Iron war hammer
Armor:
Iron chain leggings
Iron cap

Style: Make salsa out of their skulls.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:01:19 pm by Labs »
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2009, 05:42:38 pm »

I'll take a spot deatils coming up

Name: Samus
Weapon: -Bronze Battle Axe- (300)
Armour: (S) Copper Chainmail (S) (120)
           (S) Copper Chainleggings (S) (30)
           (S) Copper Shield (S) (30)
           (S) Copper Cap (S) (20)
           Total = 500
Fighting Style: If you have no limbs, you can't hurt me
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:52:34 pm by Samus1111111 »

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2009, 05:57:35 pm »

Hooray! Finally! :D

Name: Kesham Stakudomer
Weapon: Catapult Cat-apult ≡Copper Spear≡
Armour: ≡Copper Shield≡, -Copper Cap-
(10☼ remaining)

Fighting style/mindset: Fight smarter, not harder. The best armor is not getting hit. The long pokey thing lets me stay away from the short stabby things. If you don't know what to do, do something confusing; then nobody else will know what to do either. Chaos and mayhem are almost as good as victory, and it's not like anyone's dying in here, right? Right? Why are you looking at me like that?

Backstory: A mechanic and siege engineer by trade, Kesham spent most of his time fashioning creative and elaborate mechanical contraptions when not being forced to do "boring" tasks like hooking things up to the proper levers. After a series of unfortunate flooding accidents, Kesham was sent to Ineth Soloz to "learn something useful" at the request of his increasingly frustrated mayor.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2009, 06:48:59 pm »

Name: Toram
Weapon: Bronze Shortsword (S)

Armour:
Bronze Gauntlets (S)
Bronze Shield (+)
Copper Cap (S)
Copper Helm (S)

Fighting style/mindset: He is insane. He likes to cut off limbs and toy with them. Eye-gouging is quite fun aswell.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2009, 06:55:20 pm »

I'd like to apply for a dwarf.

Name: Urist McHammerdwarf
Weapon: exceptional copper warhammer
Armor:
copper shield
well crafted copper chainmail
well crafted copper cap
Fighting style: Whack them untill they die.

You're over the 500☼ limit by 110☼, please re-select your equipment.

Labs would like a spot.

Name:Labs
Weapon:Iron war hammer
Armor:
Iron chain leggings
Iron cap

Style: Make salsa out of their skulls.

Also over the limit by 50☼, re-select please.

*stuff*

The pet thing: I'm not sure if that would work, with the things I do to these dwarves they may attack their pet or visa versa. If it does work then i'd be frightened at the amount of work it might take to breed them all and get them to behave the way I want.

Other races: Are you #$%ing mad? THIS. IS. DWAAAAAARVES!

Armour increase: Weapon power will be decreased, it will give the same effect and is easier to do.

Leather: Rysith brought this up before, no leather. Dwarves wear heavy ass copper because it's cool.

Six spots gone already, awesome. Three remain, after that it's to the waiting list you go.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 07:03:33 pm by BloodBeard »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36