Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Epic Battles  (Read 2141 times)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Epic Battles
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:16:17 pm »

So, my adventurer visits a fortress briefly and gets a quest from the queen.
He goes off for a couple days comes back and talks to her again and gets a quest to kill a giant cave spider residing in the fort. I explore the fort a bit and come to a hallway full of chasm creatures and some dead dwarves. I could count around forty naked mole dogs, three GCS, four giant rats, five giant moles, and four giant bats. Me and my companions (a swordsdwarf, a macedwarf, a hammerdwarf, and a bowman) go charging in and instantly I get 5 pages of shots glancing away. The GCS come and web the entire hallway
naked mole dogs and all. Then the GCS attack and kill all my companions, leaving me alone with them and about ten mole dogs. I manage kill all of them without getting a single scratch.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Post your epic battles here

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Battles
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 09:19:46 pm »

Woah.  That's awesome.

Let me think of an awesome time...O!  I always have fun getting a squad of 5 dwarves or whatever and attacking a goblin dark fortress.  One time I got my experienced team ready and we headed to a fort like usual.  We kill a few and some of my team die blah blah when SUDDENLY, there was a DEMON!  AHAH!  I say to myself and charge!  Ofcourse I dodge those fireballs(I think there was fire balls I don't remember) I charge in and ONE HIT.  He's head is sliced off with my sword.  SICKNESS.  I don't have a picture.   :P

EDIT:  More like an epic fight.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:21:28 pm »

Triple the population numbers in the raws for more fun.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:22:37 pm »

Triple the population numbers in the raws for more fun.

I like doing that, but it makes everything slower.   :P  It's worth it though!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:30:19 pm »

Holy carp, I went out and back in and fortress is even more flooded with GCS than was before! I don't think I'll be coming back to that fort any time soon.

I charged a goblin fort once too with like fifteen humans, went in killed a couple goblins and the demon and ran out with my one remaining guy. I came back again and the place had fourteen upright steel pikes. (I modded it so goblins use steel)
This was when I learned what [ABUSE_BODIES] does.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:31:26 pm »

I know, this game is so detailed.   ;D

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 06:06:45 am »

Honestly, I think cities/fortresses built near chasms exist solely for this. Something similar happened to me, only it was a goblin fortress, it was overrun by antmen before I found anyone other than a guard, and my character (a spear-wielding elf chick) was tortured to death after being paralyzed by the first GCS she ran into.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:46:17 am »

Getting strangled by a giant man eating parrot
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 07:36:48 am »

Sneaking around in a gobbo fort, I found a Demon.  He charges at me, first yelling about all the other people he's killed.  I toss a green glass scimitar at him (my game is modded to use glass for weaponry, along with gold, silver, and platinum) and it lops his head right off.  Then a goblin archer puts 3 bolts in me as I run at him and bash his head in, and I died a few steps later.

I thought it was funny.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 08:46:27 am »

I was an axeman and I attacked a goblin fort. For about 20 goblins in a row, the first strike was that I chopped their heads off. When I went through after killing them all, the floor was covered in heads :P

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 12:27:18 pm »

I cut off or broke all of the limbs of 10 wolves and 3 bears, all in the same encounter.
With no major casualties.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 09:58:20 pm »

Once, I was at a mountainhome that I've repeatedly plagued over the years (somehow the corpses of children i killed grew up into peasant corpses)

Anyhoo, I've lost my spear in some wolf somewhere.

I spot a guard with a nice shiny one.

He's standing next to an axedwarf.

I stole his spear and killed them both, then a mason broke my hip.

Still escaped, though.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 05:09:58 pm »

where the hell are these axedwarves and kings /queens? I went to a dwarf capital, and found nothing. I can't find any decent guys, so I just recruit loads of drunkards from every available city before razing the place. I searched loads in a dwarf capital and found nothing except for guards, peasants and a merchant (useless).
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 07:19:31 pm »

I made a super-race called Templars. Meant to be the guardians of the universe, and benevolent, it only made sense that the dwarves attempted to exterminate them. Thus a 30-year war began, until I grew bored, and decided to end it once and for all. I made 30 dwarf adventurers and retired them in the Dwarf capital, just to reinforce them, and then made 10 Templars, and led the Templars to the Dwarven Mountainhome. Cue epic battle as we wipe out their entire military, while at the same time the Dwarven Queen, the Hammerdwarf, the Liason and her personal Guard fought an onslaught of Ratmen somewhere deeper in. We eventually won, but unfortunately, there was not looting of any sort to be done. The Queen was the last survivor of the fort, and she went down like a juggernaut, taking on 5 ratmen, and throwing them all into a lake before jumping in after them, and then drowning to death some time later.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 08:52:36 pm »

where the hell are these axedwarves and kings /queens? I went to a dwarf capital, and found nothing. I can't find any decent guys, so I just recruit loads of drunkards from every available city before razing the place. I searched loads in a dwarf capital and found nothing except for guards, peasants and a merchant (useless).

Ironically, the only dwarves surviving were the queen, some guards, and some mercenary dwarves. Even the mayor was dead.
Pages: [1] 2