Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dreams??  (Read 583 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dreams??
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:44:33 pm »

my metalsmith saw a fire imp and the plummeted 2 Z-levels to the ground injuring himself and now unconscious,but it still says(read "spams") that a fire imp is not allowing him to rest.

The problem is that the metalsmith is in the safety of my fortress,long away from the entrance.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: dreams??
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:30 pm »

That's a bug, not a dream, and I bet it's making your fps slow to a crawl.

To get him out of his fire imp rest cancel, let him be carried to his room, deconstruct his bed, and then lock the door once the bed's gone. Without a bed available for him to path to, he won't be able to rest, so hopefully he should stop spamming.

That might work. There are other things to try if it doesn't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:20:41 pm »

Is the imp dead? Once I had a Champion cancel rest over 10,000 times do to a Titan I had captured in a cage trap. I eventually placed the Titan in my carbonate chamber and the Champion felt better after that.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:21:03 pm »

dunno anyway i cant seem to kill him with a ballista in close range and he wont move anywhere or be moved,is flooding my barracks the best option?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 02:56:16 pm »

You could try knocking him out with a cave in, if you have the space to engineer one.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 11:47:13 pm »

Kill the Imp, or seal the Dwarf in somewhere the Imp can get nowhere near.