Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Fallen Earth - (Now with free trial)  (Read 10209 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Earth (Open beta via fileplanet)
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2009, 11:19:26 am »

no reason for them to be so hungry.. remember that it is nearly a century since the nuclear war and virus outbreak. due to reduced population i am sure they have no real problem feeding themselves... of course they won't eat as much as most of us, but they shouldn't be starving either.

of course, if you are really hungry in game, you should be able to eat your horse, if you wish so. or maybe do it just for fun or  roleplay.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2009, 01:40:12 pm »

And of course, the apocalypse left behind an abundance of purple hair dye.
!!&!!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 01:47:46 pm »

Well, it's simple enough to make it out of everyday objects in the crafting system. But who's to say the hair color isn't natural? It's a world full of mutated creatures, after all..

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2009, 02:58:31 pm »

Well, it's simple enough to make it out of everyday objects in the crafting system. But who's to say the hair color isn't natural? It's a world full of mutated creatures, after all..

I just imagine how stupid much crap we'd leave behind if we all died out suddenly

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 02:59:01 pm »

All of it.
Shoes...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2009, 03:52:39 pm »

I just imagine how stupid much crap we'd leave behind if we all died out suddenly
Remember Fallout 3 and all the Nuka Cola bottles that still weren't empty ?  ;D

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2009, 02:21:58 am »

Resurrecting this thread, because I just got a Beta key. Anyone else?
!!&!!

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2009, 02:34:22 am »

I did recently, also. I haven't played it enough to give it a proper review, but the combat is not what I would have liked. It is basically SWG style combat, but with ammo. The whole game seems way too much like SWG for my taste. Oh, well.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2009, 02:34:58 am »

Holy hell. How did I miss this possible beauty?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2009, 02:40:42 am »

I did recently, also. I haven't played it enough to give it a proper review, but the combat is not what I would have liked. It is basically SWG style combat, but with ammo. The whole game seems way too much like SWG for my taste. Oh, well.

Meh. I may not buy it, but at least I want to see how it is while the getting is... Free.
!!&!!

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2009, 03:04:20 am »

Everyone on the global chat is saying things like "how is this going to be released so soon?", "I am kinda dissapointed", etc. I don't think any people making retail MMOs are brave enough to try something new, a survival MMO. I don't know why it hasn't been done before. (If it has, though, tell me that I'm wrong)

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2009, 03:11:47 am »

Well there are mmo's where you must work together in order to survive, but then again, that's not really survival. (Haven and hearth, upcoming z-day, to name a few.)

I've not heard of a SURVIVAL game though, where you're always pitted against the elements and other players. The problem with that would be the difficulty level. IT would be so hard in MMOFPS, that they'd tone it down to semi-turn based. But the thing is, LOSING IS FUN! It's those epic deaths and victories that make games great. Difficulty is not really a factor in fun. (Unless you count the asshole super mario levels.)

Though many games have segments of survival, there's no real INTENDED survival feature. Like building any piece of equipment you want, improvised, with only player-based stores and shops, I mean a survival game where noone can be trusted is a good game.

Imagine; You enter a player-built inn. The innkeeper offers you a room, and being tired you gladly accept. When you collapse on the bed you fall into a deep sleep, and suddenly awoken minutes later, you gasp as the innkeeper rushes his cold knife to your throat. You are unarmed. Just then a siren sounds. The innkeeper spares you and runs out the door. You're saved. For now.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2009, 09:24:55 am »

Hmm I got a beta key and didn't relize it because I had so much spam in the spam box, I'll download this over night probably.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2009, 09:57:04 am »

Finally got the thing installed and updated along with an issue on my beta key worked out so I'm finally ready to try this sucker out.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2009, 03:49:12 am »

Soo.. Its been out for a while. I'm hoping someone has played this, because its a steal on steam as we speak. Er, type.

How is it? It looks pretty good for an MMO. Someone has to make one I like sooner or later.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6