Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leaves from plants  (Read 548 times)

Obsidean_00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Leaves from plants
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:55:09 pm »

I'm currently working on a small mod, just a couple of civs, some new creatures and so on.  Anyway, I was wondering if there is currently a way to rename the leaves that a plant can yield when processed.

One of the creatures I'm working on is a tangler tree from the Xanth books-- found them at a used bookstore so I've been reading on the cheap-- anyway back to the question, would the [IMMOBILE_LAND] tag result in a creature dying if it does not have the [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] tags or is there a better way of making a plant style monster?

Also, is there a limit on the number of limbs that a creature can have currently?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Leaves from plants
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 01:44:43 am »

Animals- even tame ones- don't need to eat or drink right now. So immobility will be fine, except that they'll sit at the edge of the map indefinitely, if they spawn at all.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:53:34 am »

I once had dwarves with 120 arms. It lagged, especially during combat, and also they had a tendency to die under their own wieght.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 11:38:57 am »

Can a creature with [IMMOBILE_LAND] still attack things that come near it, or will it just set there and let things poke it?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.