Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: will she live  (Read 1769 times)

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
will she live
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:16:00 pm »

she has a mangled lower body and left lower leg along with a brown lower spine
she is strong and tough
i have plenty of water and food
what is the probability of her living

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: will she live
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:18:43 pm »

100%, if you wait long enough.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:21:15 pm »

ok good right now i'm down to 5 dwarves and i dont want to die before the first migration wave comes through

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:09 pm »

The brown spine wound will never heal, but if she gets over the other wounds, she should eventually be walking again.

Mangled parts can take a long time to heal, though, especially without a high Toughness stat. And the amount of food and water you have is much less important than whether your dwarves are too busy doing other stuff to keep her alive.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 09:23:48 pm »

i know the spine won't heal i listed that because i wasn't sure if that would affect her healing rate
also how long should it take, 3 seasons? or 4? or more?

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 09:25:37 pm »

i know the spine won't heal i listed that because i wasn't sure if that would affect her healing rate
also how long should it take, 3 seasons? or 4? or more?

I believe with injuries that severe, there is a chance at every season change that they could heal.  So they could heal at the next season change....or five years from now...or twenty years from now...the system is a little broken right now.  Toady is fixing it for the next release.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:27:03 pm »

ok speaking of the next release any idea when that is? just a quick answer so the thread doesn't derail and has to go through the trouble of being moved

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:31:20 pm »

ok speaking of the next release any idea when that is? just a quick answer so the thread doesn't derail and has to go through the trouble of being moved

When Toady finishes this list.  It's probably going to be a little while...on the bright side, he says he's going to start releasing smaller updates in far more rapid succession after this.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 09:31:49 pm »

ok

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 02:46:30 am »

Wow, there's a lot less he hasn't touched yet since the last time I looked.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 09:24:41 am »

I've had a dwarf running around for a whle with a minor spine injury (or maybe it was spleen--I forget) and a red right lung. She's a military mother. Although she has stopped sparring, her injury doesn't cause her to pass out or anything. She just walks around with the others like nothing's the matter. I don't know if I can expect the red lung injury to ever heal but I'm amazed how hardy she's been so far.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:14 pm »

Yes, eventually it will and since she seems to have enough toughness to not get winded every few steps from having a mangled lung chances are sooner than later.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24:02 pm »

No, the lung injury will never heal. It's because of its [BREATHE] tag, which prevents healing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 03:10:45 pm »

My dwarf with a red lung was left stuck in a winded state according to his wounds screen, but other than that he didn't seem to mind too much.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 03:18:10 pm »

No, the lung injury will never heal. It's because of its [BREATHE] tag, which prevents healing.
the wiki doesn't say anything about it. how sure are you on that?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?
Pages: [1] 2