Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: will she live  (Read 1770 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: will she live
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 03:29:15 pm »

No, the lung injury will never heal. It's because of its [BREATHE] tag, which prevents healing.
the wiki doesn't say anything about it. how sure are you on that?

100% certain.

I'm on a freezing map. Frequently, the naked children on my map suffer damage from the cold, and they suffer the damage uniformly across every part of their body since they have no clothing to protect them from the cold. When they go underground, all the wounds heal, with eight exceptions: right lung, left lung, heart, guts, lower spine, upper spine, neck, and brain.

When I go into body_default.txt and remove the relevant tags from the internal organs, [BREATHE] in the case of lungs, [CIRCULATION] in the case of the heart, and so on, the internal organs heal.

Ergo, the tags prevent healing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 03:43:00 pm »

I've had dwarves with a mangled lung go on to live happy, productive lives, like single handedly kill 7 frog demons, then retreating because she's OUT OF BREATH.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 03:59:19 pm »

No healing on the nervous system is more widely known as it has a more obvious effect, I think.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 04:40:12 pm »

No, the lung injury will never heal. It's because of its [BREATHE] tag, which prevents healing.
the wiki doesn't say anything about it. how sure are you on that?

100% certain.

I'm on a freezing map. Frequently, the naked children on my map suffer damage from the cold, and they suffer the damage uniformly across every part of their body since they have no clothing to protect them from the cold. When they go underground, all the wounds heal, with eight exceptions: right lung, left lung, heart, guts, lower spine, upper spine, neck, and brain.

When I go into body_default.txt and remove the relevant tags from the internal organs, [BREATHE] in the case of lungs, [CIRCULATION] in the case of the heart, and so on, the internal organs heal.

Ergo, the tags prevent healing.
I thought mangled hearts guaranteed death from blood loss.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 04:44:55 pm »

Yes, mangled hearts do, but not moderately damaged (i.e., brown) ones.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 09:03:39 am »

100%, if you wait long enough.
0% if you wait even longer.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 12:56:00 pm »

I'm afraid I have some bad news. We've had... complications...
How do I put this to you lightly...

She's a dwarf. It's a 100% fatality rate, and no amount of medicine, surgery, or genetic modification will be able to save her. It's just how it works.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 02:19:47 pm »

Heh, wiki says that doesn't ever happen, silly them not knowing about cold damage.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:34:41 pm by Shoku »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 02:32:30 pm »

Heh, wiki says that doesn't ever happen.

Being naked in the freezing cold is an exception to that otherwise steadfast rule.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 02:35:22 pm »

You should update the wiki~
Pages: 1 [2]