Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awesome humans  (Read 2025 times)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Awesome humans
« on: June 29, 2009, 06:20:32 pm »

Look at this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They've graciously built a town ON TOP of an open magma pipe. Im just gonna clear them out, then embark.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome humans
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 06:22:00 pm »

You're going to kill them?

Just embark over it and cave them in :D
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:23:26 pm »

I prefer killing them; they're too much of a drag on FPS, and their bones also let me make thousands of bolts.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 06:24:19 pm »

The red sand adds a nice touch. Almost looks like it erupted a little while ago.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 06:27:04 pm »

Yep, they've also got the longest unpaved road ive ever seen (stretches for like 8 region tiles), of red sand, aptly called The Infinite Road.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 06:34:57 pm »

"Speed: 10000"

[SPEED:0] much? Hell, you could probably run over the surface of that magma pipe without the heat affecting you.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 06:40:40 pm »

"Speed: 10000"
[SPEED:0] much? Hell, you could probably run over the surface of that magma pipe without the heat affecting you.

Yep, its what i do to clear towns quickly. Its annoying to try to clear them with a normal adventurer, and i only created this guy to clear out prospective embarks. Also, the magma will kill me. Quickly.

EDIT: Part of the towns aflame; the imps have gotten out. Ho-hum.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:25 pm »

I suddenly wish I was there, watching the town burn, people running panicked in the streets, guards striking down imps and imps striking down guards.

Ah, the smell of chaos...

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:36:11 pm »

I suddenly wish I was there, watching the town burn, people running panicked in the streets, guards striking down imps and imps striking down guards.

Ah, the smell of chaos...

As a bolt strikes you and you collapse into the magma, living only long enough to feel agony before your body melts.

Yeah...I want to be in the town.  I can't think of anything more Fun.  Do feel bad for those humans, though.  They built a town and you intend to destroy everything they worked so hard for solely because it's cool.  Anyway, good luck out there.  Don't have too much Fun.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 08:39:36 pm »

so your using an adventurer to clear out the people there so you have a nice pre-made area to make a fort with?

Fun.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 11:00:17 pm »

so your using an adventurer to clear out the people there so you have a nice pre-made area to make a fort with?

Fun.
I'm reminded of the Native Americans...

That was in poor taste. I'm sorry for that.

As a bolt strikes you and you collapse into the magma, living only long enough to feel agony before your body melts.
Maybe I'll be remade as an obsidian short sword...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 11:20:19 pm »

Ooh! instead, you should encase the town in an obsidian bunker and make it look like a hill! Then build a castle on top!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 11:24:27 pm »

Ooh! instead, you should encase the town in an obsidian bunker and make it look like a hill! Then build a castle on top!

Sounds more historic.  In the real world, it's actually very common to build your city on top of an old city in exactly the same spot.  If it's a good spot to build a city, it's a good spot to build a city.  Though in history, they didn't often bury the city, they just built on top of it.  The fact is that often times in the ancient cities that are built on a hill...yeah...that's not a hill...that's actually the thirteenth city built on that location.  The 'hill' is just the ruins of the older cities. :P

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 11:30:29 pm »

Im doing something like that. Ive built a huge curtain wall, and im going to set up industries in separate buildings. Ill try to get a pic of the ground level up in a bit.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 11:38:18 pm »

Alright here we go. Warning: this picture is huge. 5mbs huge.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2