Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: The myth of the female soldier.  (Read 10067 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The myth of the female soldier.
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2009, 11:36:50 am »

There's a theory that it's a natural selection thing. Cultures where the women go into battle tended to have kids less, and thus, less future fighters.

I think DF illustrates that in a sense. Female dwarves who go to battle tend to drop their babies on their heads or skimp out on battle to take care of the baby. And IRL there's no limitless immigration :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2009, 11:57:15 am »

That is true. Our culture is the way it is due to evolution. If the woman produces more warriors, it's better than letting her fight and risk losing her.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2009, 12:19:11 am »

This is pretty much the reason why women will never be fully integrated in the army, even if in 40 years we have exoskeletons to make up for their fragile little bodies: :-X

http://www.webmd.com/balance/news/20051115/women-more-sensitive-to-stress-than-men

One could say cultural conditioning could cause women to be uninterested in being in the military because their whole lives have been teaching them to be uninterested in war.

That would be grand on a global scale to everybody, but not terribly good with one gender.
lol
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:25:20 am by JohnieRWilkins »
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2009, 12:54:44 am »

Wow, I didn't even make any disturbing videos about domestic violence and post them on the internet.

I wish I had something meaningful to add to this thread.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]