Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: so full of win...  (Read 5420 times)

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
Re: so full of win...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 03:48:04 am »

i can't help with the movie recording function - perhaps start a new thread dedicated to getting good tips for it/search the forum.

on cages: if you 'b' - 'j' and construct the cages, you can then move caged goblins from cage to cage ('q' over the cage, then 'a' then press enter on the names of the goblins you want moved to that current cage. WARNING: if you press enter on the goblin currently caged in the cage you are 'q'uerying, marked with a mark next to his name, your dwarves might just try to release him....). i'd recommend moving all the goblins to one cage, and then linking that to a lever, rather than trying to link all 50 cages to one lever which would take a) many mechanisms and b) much time.

hope that helps.

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 04:44:28 pm »

Figure out movies like everything else: try it and see if it works.

If you really want the goblin massacre on film try recording a cat running around or something first.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 05:41:27 pm »

man shoku, easy killer. i was just wondering. if you don't want to answer, don't, but if anyone had any info to share, i think this forum is the place to do it.

in any rate, i'll wait till a season save, then try it after and kill the process.

sidenote:  it seems lately that ppl on the forum have gotten irritated with questions. i guess i misunderstood the purpose of the "DF Gameplay Questions" title. or is it that ppl are responding to questions to be rude? if you do not like gameplay questions, either don't browse gameplay forum posts or let ppl who understand the meaning of this place answer.

2¢ given.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 12:09:44 am »

dieinafire, Don't go up someone because they seem angry at you. Because this is the internet, you can't tell if someone is angry or not, and someone can use the wrong words and come off as angry, when they really aren't.

On topic, Shoku is right. Try it and see what happens. That line should be the unofficial DF motto.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 03:58:03 am »

man shoku, easy killer. i was just wondering. if you don't want to answer, don't, but if anyone had any info to share, i think this forum is the place to do it.

in any rate, i'll wait till a season save, then try it after and kill the process.

sidenote:  it seems lately that ppl on the forum have gotten irritated with questions. i guess i misunderstood the purpose of the "DF Gameplay Questions" title. or is it that ppl are responding to questions to be rude? if you do not like gameplay questions, either don't browse gameplay forum posts or let ppl who understand the meaning of this place answer.

2¢ given.

I'm a bit sad that you didn't say "hey, thanks zooeyglass for your response!" - focus on the good! i replied.

any luck with that recording?? would be immense to see lil nightvision gobbo being swatted!

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 07:08:47 am »

zooey, thx. i have moved gobbos before, and i am still going to have all 100 cages hooked up. besides, i already have all the mechanics, and it helped build up one of my kids who had nothing to do.
just caught my 100th+ gobbos last nite. they seem to only come in waves once a year, so i had to wait. gimme some time now to strip them all and build the blood arena. still do not know any place to host-WAIT what about youtube? i think i'll try that if no one else has any other place in mind.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:10:32 am by dieinafire »

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 01:16:38 pm »

I don't know how to use video and it looks like nobody else here knows so you should test it on a cat. Best case scenario it works splendidly and is possibly even intuitive and worse case scenario the cat bursts into flame and boils away, but this is still a positive results so it's win-win.

If stripping every spider silk cloak is bogging that process down you will be fine just stripping their weapons. If the goblins don't have the no fear tag they're not going to fight back very hard since their squads have all reached the "run for your lives" state, regardless of whether there is anywhere they can run to.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 04:13:39 pm »

Not a bed, but I think it counts.

I once got a hoary marmot bone coffin.

First dwarf to die got to be buried in it. Lucky him.

And I have a mountain goat bone door...

I gotta wonder how they make this stuff out of bones.

selbram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 09:47:34 pm »

dieinafire, there is a little bit of info on the map archive site regarding making movies and how to convert them for use on the site. http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/addmovie.php
Hopefully you can figure it out from there. I have never used the movie function either but I think it should be fairly easy to figure out if you play with it a bit before you turn on the dwarven blender.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 07:10:09 pm »

Not a bed, but I think it counts.

I once got a hoary marmot bone coffin.

First dwarf to die got to be buried in it. Lucky him.

And I have a mountain goat bone door...

I gotta wonder how they make this stuff out of bones.
Maybe they carve them into strips and then it's like bone-weave.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 07:41:05 pm »

thanx selbram, i think thats the only way.

i've looked into it, and it saves them as .cmv files, a corel application extension. bleh. and after searching for cmv to avi on google, it seems i am SOL.

i would of poted the movie by now, but due to unseen problems building things far away from where the stone is (read: dwarves quit building before all the mats are to the site), i've been stockpiling stone near the buildings i am building, and since then have increased my gobbo cages to 120. barring any further hangups, i should have a movie done by tomorrow nite (i may wait just 1 more year to catch more!). hopefully using the mkv25 site i can post an embedded vid here. wish me luck!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 08:55:20 pm »

If you somehow have a 500 fps fort going please set the max down to 100 or 200ish for the video so people don't have to mess with the speed when they watch.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 10:34:11 pm »

hell no! running a p4 64bit 3.0ghz on xp home.

which means only 50% of the cpu is running.

which means i get 20-40 fps with 62 dwarves doing stuff.

so we're good.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 03:25:33 am »

looking forward to it - gonna be fun!

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 07:52:21 pm »

*update*

in the process of building the arena, i picked up more goblins.

gimme 1 more year to scoop up some more. i SWEAR it wil be done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3