Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: so full of win...  (Read 5421 times)

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
so full of win...
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:04:33 pm »

seriously, i never though i'd get a non-wooden bed. but then a kid went fey, and made this:

since he made it he gets to sleep in it. and i'd thought i would share it, since the name of it is pretty fitting. anyone else get any non-wooden beds?

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: so full of win...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:50:41 pm »

My first artifact ever was an obsidian bed

I've gotten 3 bone beds in the same fort

Damn peasants and their bone crafting -.-
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:50:18 am »

Menaces with spikes - nice bed ;)
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:01:47 am »

AMAZING

currently my dwarfs seem obsessed with making effin' artifact millstones. millstones, of all things! I hzve three, in one fortress. d'oh.

suppose it gives me an aim: make the ultimate milling room with a triple artifact millstone set up....

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 06:48:49 am »

A child made that from a fey mood? Usually children will pick a craft when entering a mood. In that case you should have received a craft good. Did your child have dabbling mason for any reason?

Again as for above. I've never witnessed bone carvers create furniture from a mood, only crafts.

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 06:55:54 am »

A child made that from a fey mood? Usually children will pick a craft when entering a mood. In that case you should have received a craft good. Did your child have dabbling mason for any reason?

Again as for above. I've never witnessed bone carvers create furniture from a mood, only crafts.
I've gotten artifact bone cages from secretive moods.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 07:41:02 am »

If you want non-wooden beds, train someone who hasn't had a mood and likes beds, as a metalsmith/bonecarver/... Then, when they get a mood, there's a higher chance they will make a bed. Alternatively, you could mod in a reaction that makes stone/metal/bone/... 'wood'.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Kav

• Bay Watcher
  • b-C-w
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 02:34:33 pm »

I got a nice Microcline bed out of a mood once, I think I gave it to my Mayor. Also one of my children just made a goblin bone cage decorated with goblin bones. Guess what's going in there :D

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 04:37:39 pm »

nope. i was making my 4 kids and 1 peasant-turned-clerk mine to buff them up. that way the kids are quick once they grow up. and then bam, kid goes fey, takes over mason's shop, and wham, i gots da bed. the only thing i had the kid in was mining, animal training and care, mechanics, and thats it. even more confusing, he isn't dabbling in anything except the social abilities. so he's a legendary miner with dabbling social. weird he made a bed...

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 05:34:05 pm »

Miners did their moods at mason shops since you can't really mine out a tile legendarily and that's the closest production skill.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 06:57:04 pm »

I have only had one artifact bed made, it was a Magnetite bed and it menaced with spikes of several objects. Nevertheless, my captain of the guard loved sleeping on it.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:15:44 pm »

"legendarily"?! lol colbert word of the day, for sure!

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 08:37:26 pm »

I got a nice Microcline bed out of a mood once, I think I gave it to my Mayor. Also one of my children just made a goblin bone cage decorated with goblin bones. Guess what's going in there :D

Cows?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 10:29:34 pm »

"legendarily"?! lol colbert word of the day, for sure!
That's not even one of the words I made up :\
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/legendarily?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 10:44:16 pm »

ok, change topic - i need help with the movie recording function, as i've never used it.

so, for the past 5-7 years i've been caging all ambushes and thieves. almost to 100:

so here the question:

how does it work? i want to build a walled area, line it with all the gobbos, link to lever, station my soldiers in the middle, pull said lever, and make goblin skull totems for an entire season. oh, and the movie function will let me share it here (i hope). which brings up other questions, like what format does it save to? i have super converter, no prob there, more just curious how it saves. and also, where is a good hosting site for the vid so i can link it directly to my post? thx for the answers, i promise it will be worth it!

ps - the master thief 2 up and 2 right from bottom left corner looks badass... does he has nitevision goggles?!
Pages: [1] 2 3