Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Armoks Elitistic Exclusive RP of Awesomesauce. v0.1  (Read 13125 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Armoks Elitistic Exclusive RP of Awesomesauce. v0.1
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2009, 02:39:43 am »

Can we begin to create characters now?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2009, 03:15:01 am »

In the Multiworlds setting, there are people not unlike the Machinists. They are few though, but they do continuously search for various exceptions to the laws of the universe in order to do some funky (and usually destructive) stuff.

So, this is a forum game (doubly so) of some supernatural Black&White? Playing a god on a island, controlling a nation, using magic...  yep, looks like it. However, you still need to gather up all the information and requirements into one solid block. Since this game is GMless and seems to be a cross between Evolution and Tacticus (I don't think I'm good at either), it needs a very definite order and at least some rules and limits defined.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2009, 03:30:03 am »

This is an rpg. not a strategy game.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2009, 04:09:28 am »

The difference being? B&W is also an RPG, but it's still an RTS (the second one more so than the first). Who exactly do the players represent? I don't think this particular bit was made clear.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2009, 04:11:52 am »

I think it's something more along the lines of D&D roleplaying.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2009, 04:35:53 am »

I'm thinking players should probably be mortals.
Long Live United Forenia!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2009, 04:37:42 am »

Me too.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2009, 07:02:03 am »

I technically agree, but only because the only ones in this I consider immortals are the gods and wizards.

I think appropriate level of power is mages, Kings, powerful extraordinaries, or normals whit lots of tech. Although really the important thing is that it's about the same level.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2009, 07:14:41 am »

I technically agree, but only because the only ones in this I consider immortals are the gods and wizards.

I think appropriate level of power is mages, Kings, powerful extraordinaries, or normals whit lots of tech. Although really the important thing is that it's about the same level.
Yeah, not peasant-style mortals. Mages and adventurers and such. I wouldn't say Kings/Lords for players though; that makes for a different game. The way I imagine it Lords have nothing to fear or gain from interacting on an equal footing with mortals, except if the mortals in question have A)Awesome magical powers B)An army with heavy siege weaponry and fairly awesome magical powers or C) An army/Fairly awesome magical powers + another Lord on their side.
Beings that are neither mortal nor Lord/King/Wizard/God might be possible. Like a Lord who's body was destroyed, whose essence lurks the world, watching Lands unfold, never creating. Or something.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2009, 07:24:02 am »

Powerful mortals should be who we play as. Kings and lords  shouldn't be played as.

Edit: What happens to the souls of the departed?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:40:46 am by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2009, 07:52:00 am »

Good question, I vote for some kind of reincarnation/passing on choice. Preferably inspired by ban dodging and necroing.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2009, 07:59:07 am »

Yes, that sounds good. How about there be certain islands that serve as the destination for departed souls. With the exceptional (that is to say those who are saintly, and those who are truly mostrous) going somewhere that only the gods are aware of.

Edit: Trolls should be the reincarnation of evil people. There should be a counterpart for good people.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:43:19 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2009, 03:28:44 pm »

New faction idea:
Chramer Masis: The Chramer Masis (pronounced obvious) are a faction of people who have an unhealthy fascination with perfection. Anything they deem inperfect, they seek to destroy. Lands of which the laws of physics contain gaping holes, they destroy. Areas where the buildings are run-down, or the terrain not flowing naturally, they pillage, rape, and burn. And then rake the ashes into neat lines. The Chramer Masis have no truck with good or evil, only with perfect and imperfect. With the varying forms of Lands the definition of perfection is hard to find. However, like the Machinists, the Chramer Masis believe that there is an underlying order to everything, despite the glaring outer differences. Unlike the Machinists, they do not believe it is inherent, but that the Lords and Kings that create areas must adhere to this order- what they call 'Chramer'. What Chramer is is dificult to say. Some say the Chramer Masis are mercenaries, making up Chramer to justify their deeds. But if they are, they are mercenaries of a strange lord, for they strike indiscriminately. According to high-up Chramer Masis everyone subconsciously knows the Chramer, but many are too hasty to adhere to it.
Chramer Masis have members from every tier of the world; the prime Masi is believed to be a reclusive Wizard, and the Masis have many Kings who create battle Lands with which the mortal Masi fanatics assault 'imperfect' Lands. Masis do not only travel in massive armies; they also bide their time across the world, waiting to see imperfection. When they see it, they call in their fellows and destroy.

I mean, we can't have a forum without them, right? Chramer does not need a definition, they just attack hastily made lands.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2009, 03:43:44 pm »

I don't think that that should be the main faction, perhaps a well known and incredibly vocal subsection of it, but not the main core. These are people, and something like that is not going to gain a foothold on the world at large if everyone opposes it, and they will. The main core should be believers in Chramer. But they would be more about altering it, and encouraging others to do so, rather then destroying all others. Remember, factions are more of a part of the nations, rather then nations onto themselves.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2009, 10:03:04 pm »

New faction idea:
Chramer Masis: The Chramer Masis (pronounced obvious) are a faction of people who have an unhealthy fascination with perfection. Anything they deem inperfect, they seek to destroy. Lands of which the laws of physics contain gaping holes, they destroy. Areas where the buildings are run-down, or the terrain not flowing naturally, they pillage, rape, and burn. And then rake the ashes into neat lines. The Chramer Masis have no truck with good or evil, only with perfect and imperfect. With the varying forms of Lands the definition of perfection is hard to find. However, like the Machinists, the Chramer Masis believe that there is an underlying order to everything, despite the glaring outer differences. Unlike the Machinists, they do not believe it is inherent, but that the Lords and Kings that create areas must adhere to this order- what they call 'Chramer'. What Chramer is is dificult to say. Some say the Chramer Masis are mercenaries, making up Chramer to justify their deeds. But if they are, they are mercenaries of a strange lord, for they strike indiscriminately. According to high-up Chramer Masis everyone subconsciously knows the Chramer, but many are too hasty to adhere to it.
Chramer Masis have members from every tier of the world; the prime Masi is believed to be a reclusive Wizard, and the Masis have many Kings who create battle Lands with which the mortal Masi fanatics assault 'imperfect' Lands. Masis do not only travel in massive armies; they also bide their time across the world, waiting to see imperfection. When they see it, they call in their fellows and destroy.

I mean, we can't have a forum without them, right? Chramer does not need a definition, they just attack hastily made lands.
Yes, but...  :D
I don't think that that should be the main faction, perhaps a well known and incredibly vocal subsection of it, but not the main core. These are people, and something like that is not going to gain a foothold on the world at large if everyone opposes it, and they will. The main core should be believers in Chramer. But they would be more about altering it, and encouraging others to do so, rather then destroying all others. Remember, factions are more of a part of the nations, rather then nations onto themselves.
... most of them should just bitch and advise and urge and so, after all warfare is inherently chaotic and destructive, it's much better to let things right than destroy them. Also, they are good at bringing order to places, so a ruler that wants order might be wise to have one as an advisor, such an advisor is called a Spelchk.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10