Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Armoks Elitistic Exclusive RP of Awesomesauce. v0.1  (Read 13134 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Armoks Elitistic Exclusive RP of Awesomesauce. v0.1
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 09:56:33 am »

I'm happy to use planescape/discworldian physics: things happen because the majority belives that they should happen that way, this may extend to the local level as well: I. E. a weight falling faster then another because it looks heavier to onlookers.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009, 10:02:52 am »

I think some elements like that would be cool... I know, maybe physics and existing things stay the way they are, but geography is belif-based. Basicaly if you belive you will end up somwere if you go a certain way, you might end up there, even if it lay in the other direction or didnt exist at all. After enought peaple has used a path, it becomes real, a place becomes real once there are peaple living there. Pherhaps only Exaraordinary peaple has this ability, and some have it more than others. Maybe some Super can travel from any door/dark place/other symbol like this?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2009, 10:05:58 am »

So, if you have no idea where you're going and you earnestly believe that, then you will end up getting lost even if you were actually on course?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2009, 10:10:03 am »

Ugh, another google product to steal our information with.

I am sure a OOC thread and an IRC channel will suffice.

keep in mind that it is not necessary to act out dialouge word for word, so it is not necessary to have both players on IRC at the same time. It is entirely sufficent to use PMs to get a drift of the main important parts of the event and to get the outcome of an event, it is also not always necessary to ask the GM.
the point of BotG is to work together to create a story. so if two nations are at war, and they talked to each other OOC, deciding that player A wins and that player B is fine with that, then such a decision will be just as fine, if not better than a GM decision.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:45 am »

What are you talking about?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2009, 10:21:11 am »

So, if you have no idea where you're going and you earnestly believe that, then you will end up getting lost even if you were actually on course?
Yes.
The REALLY interesting question is were they DO end up.
Presumably in a place whit big piles of odd socks, keys, etc.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2009, 10:25:04 am »

Another interesting question is: what was it like for the very first explorers, the ones who had maps saying "heyre theyre be dragyns".

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2009, 10:26:18 am »

What are you talking about?

I am saying that chrome sucks, and that google should stop trying to controle the entire internet with it's products
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2009, 10:56:36 am »

Another interesting question is: what was it like for the very first explorers, the ones who had maps saying "heyre theyre be dragyns".
... and thats were dragons come from.
The exception is sapients, if you think you will come to a settlement that dosn't exist, you can, but there wont be any people in it.

Akroma: I can agree that on average, Google is bad, like all big companies (whit the exception of Pixar). However Wave looks awesome, and it's actually a free protocol so it actually wont be controlled by google, they will just have the first client. Now I'm tired of advertising so look it up if you want to know more, I just immediately thought when I read about it "that'd be awesome for playing BotG!".
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2009, 11:17:20 am »

What if you believe that there are no sapients out there, but they believe in you?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2009, 11:20:50 am »

sapients are not affected at all, only places are. so if you go to a specific place expecting there to be no people there, the people are there. If someone goes to a place you are, but you dont expect them to come, they still come.

Also, note that all these things are still only suggestions.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2009, 12:39:50 pm »

I sort of worry about the numbers implied with your magic system Armok, if there are so many people around, we'd have to have lots of unfindable cities?

I think that it should work more like this:

Magic: Xanth style. Everyone has some magic power, of differing degrees of power (poor chap who can make a spot turn yellow). Through hard study, it might be possible to learn another ability, but not very easily. Using your orignal ability would be relatively easy, not so much for the extra ones. People would be ranked in the strength of their primary ability, how easily they learn new ones, and how many extra spells they could do (who wins, mr. Jack of All trades who knows Hadoken? Or Bob, who can totally spam lighting attacks?)

I think that moderators should be a special thing. WHen the gods themselves walk the lands, it's a big deal. However, to a lesser extent the common people can gain some semblence of moderator power within their own homes, and areas that they personally built (lock and move thread anyone?), but it's still much less than what the gods can weild.
 There are also stories of a horrible, pagan, deity who lurks in one specific area, corrupting any who enter and using his power for evil and chaos . . .

Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2009, 12:54:49 pm »

I just thought of a race that'd fit:  Toadmen. These three-toed creatures, found near sources of water are possessive of a unique mindset. They see the world as being incomplete, and say that their role in life is to finish it. They are known for working on a single task for years at a time, but when the object of their workings is complete, it is rare to find anything better. They claim that they can see the plan that the world is supposed to follow, but it is rare to find two groups of toadmen who agree on this plan. Their cities are often located slightly below ground level near water features, as is befitting their biology. The society most often observed among them is a kind of meritocracy, with the leader being the one who has shown the most aptitude for rule. Toadmen are on friendly terms with most other races, especially dwarfs, for some reason. When they go to war however, they are single-minded in their fighting style, and will not stop until the enemy give in.

What do you think?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2009, 12:57:59 pm »

I'd rather have Toady and Threetoe be godlike in everything, it's a BIG deal if they show up anywhere.
Not so much with what's his name though. But Kurtlamak's only in one small section.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2009, 01:01:24 pm »

These are Toadmen, chosen of Toady. Toady is the over-over god. Who is Kurtlamak?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10