Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Armoks Elitistic Exclusive RP of Awesomesauce. v0.1  (Read 13153 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armoks Elitistic Exclusive RP of Awesomesauce. v0.1
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 09:54:46 pm »

;D
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 10:00:13 pm »

tME: you're in.

Org (and Kashyyk ): I guess you two are in as well.

While applications for joining are still open, I'd suggest people start suggesting and voting on rules and setting for this thing. Once the general properties of the setting is determined, people can start whit heir characters.

As a player, I suggest something vaguely or tangentially related to the forum meta RP (VariusNonsense mythos), but less fourth-wall-breaking, and a bit less overpowered. I also suggest no permadeath and characters somhow coming back.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 10:05:40 pm »

It's pretty tough to avoid both the fourth wall and permadeath, isn't it?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »

DnD manages to.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 10:34:09 pm »

You've managed to play DnD without your character wanting to ask "Why is it that I can bring this guy back even if we lose all of his ashes and scatter them in a volcano, blatantly ignoring conservation of mass?"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 10:40:20 pm »

I might want to join, depending on how this unfolds and the general quality of the roleplaying. Although I have two ideas for plots that might be interesting. Either the world turns into a giant mass of deserts and everybody lives in a post-apocalyptic world where water is a major currency.

The other is a technologically advanced world where the skies have been covered with machines. Because of the lack of sun, the world is cold. People survive on machines of heat, the valuable resource being wells of heat people use to survive and power machines.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 10:45:14 pm »

You've managed to play DnD without your character wanting to ask "Why is it that I can bring this guy back even if we lose all of his ashes and scatter them in a volcano, blatantly ignoring conservation of mass?"
My GM would point you I hadn't taken any ranks in Knowledge(thermodynamics). Also I havnt played that much.

Duke: You're in if you want to. As a player I vote against both your suggestions, but I wont stop you if everyone else loves them.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 10:49:19 pm »

Concuring with Armok right now.

We have to decide, first and foremost, how serious do we want to be?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 10:58:47 pm »

I suggest a balanced mix, consisting of a dark plot that can pose a real permanent threat to the characters, and realistic characters and behaviour and psychology, and no breaking the fourth wall. But the PCs based tangentially on our forum personalities, and the settings laws of reality and physics having fundamentally bizarre and perhaps even nonsensical properties. Think Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy or Alice in Wonderland, except more gore and depravity and evil overlords, and slightly less inconsistent, think Problem Sleuth.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:14:51 pm by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 11:44:01 pm »

So the second Kingdom hearts?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 11:59:09 pm »

Never played it, but the wiki indicates that it's probably approximately a similar balance of seriousness and insanity, but I cant know.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 12:03:35 am »

How forumy do you guys want it to be?

Example, the world was once whole, but divided into sections. The sections tended to confine themselves to certain things. There was a small section where pronouncements from the God came down. There were areas for those who looked for knowledge, for those who wished to pray to the God, for those who quested by themselves, for the builders, for those who worshiped the world itself. Despite the sectionalism, people could travel mostly freely between the sections.

Then it changed. An entire section became chaotic and dangerous. Great speakers vanished. Then all life there stopped. Many people were lost. The sections started to drift apart, although some stayed roughly grouped together, and some formed their own underground worlds.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 12:09:49 am »

Can I join in?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 12:24:33 am »

How forumy do you guys want it to be?

Example, the world was once whole, but divided into sections. The sections tended to confine themselves to certain things. There was a small section where pronouncements from the God came down. There were areas for those who looked for knowledge, for those who wished to pray to the God, for those who quested by themselves, for the builders, for those who worshiped the world itself. Despite the sectionalism, people could travel mostly freely between the sections.

Then it changed. An entire section became chaotic and dangerous. Great speakers vanished. Then all life there stopped. Many people were lost. The sections started to drift apart, although some stayed roughly grouped together, and some formed their own underground worlds.
So a world that isn't directly the forums, but has an history and geography and mythology etc. based on them? Awesome, mix the BotG tradition into that and you got my vote secured! :D

EJ: I have things speaking both for and against you, but for now probably not.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 01:01:29 am »

EJ: I have things speaking both for and against you, but for now probably not.
Is it because I swore at you before.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10