Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 9193 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Unicorns
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 12:24:24 pm »

I think you should be able to make blocks out of unicorns that give of rainbow miasma and produce water falls of bloody laughter.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 12:30:31 pm »

I think you should be able to make blocks out of unicorns that give of rainbow miasma and produce water falls of bloody laughter.
And you should be able to shoot those blocks out of catapults.

The rainbow miasma turns everyone (except dwarves who are too dwarvenly) into hippies that annoy even the elves.

Next time the goblins come to siege...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 12:53:39 pm »

It is kinda hard to have a serious conversation about unicorns when the first post is "Lets have rainbows!" in a My little Pony sorta way.

So anyone looking for it should probably go somewhere else.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 04:14:22 pm »

I've never actually watched any MLP.  But from all my friends that do, I've started to gather that its childish plots conceal Dune-style politics and dark scheming.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 05:49:57 pm »

I've never actually watched any MLP.  But from all my friends that do, I've started to gather that its childish plots conceal Dune-style politics and dark scheming.

the spice rainbows must flow....

....ok, seriously, what the hell are you talking about? i checked my little ponies on wikipedia and under the part for the show they dont even MENTION a badguy/villen at all.

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 06:27:11 pm »

....ok, seriously, what the hell are you talking about? i checked my little ponies on wikipedia and under the part for the show they dont even MENTION a badguy/villen at all.

Sowelu is kidding.  MLP wasn't deep -- it's just that the creators believed in making villains that were actually somewhat scary to the target audience of children.  Care Bears did the same thing in both its movies.

Apparently, there is a new MLP TV show that completely discards the old continuity.  We're talking about the 1980s cartoon.  It had no recurring villains, but the Movie and some TV episodes had one-shot antagonists.

The villian I was thinking of when I compared to the UNICEF-Smurf incident was Tirac, a centaur-like creature.  He had a "Rainbow of Darkness" that let him transform animals into dragons loyal to himself, and used them to capture more animals and make more dragons.  The TV pilot opens with the dragons raiding the ponies, grabbing any they caught in the open and hauling them back to be transformed.  The rest of the story is how the remaining ponies get their friends back.

Yeah, I'm a child of the 80s....

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 06:42:17 pm »

I'm starting to loathe this thread.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 07:42:14 pm »

Sowelu is kidding.  MLP wasn't deep -- it's just that the creators believed in making villains that were actually somewhat scary to the target audience of children.  Care Bears did the same thing in both its movies.

Apparently, there is a new MLP TV show that completely discards the old continuity.  We're talking about the 1980s cartoon.  It had no recurring villains, but the Movie and some TV episodes had one-shot antagonists.

The villian I was thinking of when I compared to the UNICEF-Smurf incident was Tirac, a centaur-like creature.  He had a "Rainbow of Darkness" that let him transform animals into dragons loyal to himself, and used them to capture more animals and make more dragons.  The TV pilot opens with the dragons raiding the ponies, grabbing any they caught in the open and hauling them back to be transformed.  The rest of the story is how the remaining ponies get their friends back.

Yeah, I'm a child of the 80s....
I wouldn't compare that to a bombing raid on a Smurf village...you mislead me! You vile fiend! HAVE AT YE!

*attacks*

*Blackburn has been struck down*

Ow...damn it...

Anyway, we should go back to the topic at hand: unicorns.

...No matter what I do, I can't make that sound intelligent...

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 08:22:10 pm »

there is NO way you can make unicorns serious. give up now, before you embarass yourself
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:29:56 am by ousire »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 10:38:06 pm »

there is NO way you can make unicorns serious. give up now, before you embarase yourself

Oh yes you can.

You can also spell "embarrass" correctly.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:46:16 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 12:10:47 am »

This was mentioned at some point before, a related suggestion was that Unicorns should bleed the laughter of children
How did the laughter of children get inside them?

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 12:28:35 am »

This was mentioned at some point before, a related suggestion was that Unicorns should bleed the laughter of children
How did the laughter of children get inside them?

Well, they have to eat something...
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 05:01:53 am »

there is NO way you can make unicorns serious

I don't know man, the unicorns in Overlord were pretty hardcore, slaying dwarves left and right

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 06:17:18 am »

there is NO way you can make unicorns serious. give up now, before you embarase yourself
Um... What?
Look at WH Fantasy, those unicorns are mean.
Taste my Paci-Fist

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2009, 07:49:49 am »

Would'nt that heal enimies instead of hurting them?

depends on what legend you read about them, some say that unicorns can heal with the horn, but some also say that they are really just huge dicks that use the horn to spear anything that attacks them

i even read a series of fiction books that say the unicorns can heal people, but they have to pierce the heart with the tip of the horn first for it to work. the main enemy of the series was a girl who had that happen, but when the horn was in her, the unicorn was killed by a hunter and the tip of the horn was broken off in her heart. so she constantly is getting stabbed and gets waves of huge pain, but the horn keeps healing its own wound. side effects are that she is immortal though she wants all unicorns in the world destroyed now as revenge

Could you post the title?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6